IGNORED

Charlton V City - Official Match Thread

The Humble Realist

seriously guys LJ helped the team score stop being so critcal as did the whole of the team espcially Basso who seems on fine form well done lads everything has gone to as GJ wanted it too. oh and williams sounds like he is having the best game in a city shirt.

Half time scores

Barnsley 1-0 Sheff Wed

Birmingham 0-0 Crystal Palace

Blackpool 2-0 Derby

Charlton 0-1 Bristol City

Coventry 1-0 Burnley

Norwich 2-1 Wolverhampton

Nottm Forest 1-0 Ipswich

Plymouth 1-0 Preston

Reading 1-0 Doncaster

Sheff Utd 0-0 Southampton

Swansea 0-0 QPR

Watford 2-0 Cardiff

City doing xactly what GJ said before the game, taking early pressure then scoring the first goal. Could have been more! We are playing pretty much the perfect away game.

Same again second half please boys!!! :fingerscrossed:

Perfect away performance? Put it this way, if Charlton get another SEVENTEEN shots second half we will come away with bugger all. Despite the score we need to UP our game.

Perfect away performance? Put it this way, if Charlton get another SEVENTEEN shots second half we will come away with bugger all. Despite the score we need to UP our game.

agreed,

perfect scoreline, performance still leaves alot to be desired, A LONG WAY TO GO YET

Greebo we weatherd the storm from the 20 mins with super defending from Fontaine and keeping by basso. THen since scoring it was pretty much all City I can't see why you are complaining.

Greebo we weatherd the storm from the 20 mins with super defending from Fontaine and keeping by basso. THen since scoring it was pretty much all City I can't see why you are complaining.

when a team has 17 shots in 45mins, there is plenty to complain and worry about

• Admin

Because he's annoyed we're winning and that Lee is playing well. That's why.

I'm not complaining at all. The scoreline is fantastic. Weathering the storm when I played football meant getting in blocks, defending for your lives and giving you keeper as little to do as possible despite conceding possession. Charlton have had 17 shots in 45 minutes which suggests to me that we were slightly fortunate (and reliant on Basso) to be going in 1-0 up. Apparently the Radio Bristol commentators had never seen GJ so angry during a game before - so presumably he didn't see many players following his orders!! It sounds like we have had a ten minute spell on top when we could indeed have scored one or two more so at least we have something to work with.

I repeat my view that if we concede another 17 shots during the second half we will come away with f00k all and the very people purring at our "perfect away performance" would be bellyaching like f00k that we could allow the opposition 34 shots in a game!!! We need to up our game - and hopefully we will.

Archived