IGNORED

Hardly Doom And Gloom

Red Army 79

Lets get to the point,we have not played well all season,yet we sit fourth it can only get better.

True we haven't played consistantly well this season but we haven't supported the club well this season to much negativity. This is a bloody hard league Wolves have lost 3 games same as us everyone beats everyone in this league. This is why this is such a fantastic league to be in.

Lets stop the negativity and start supporting the club like we did last season!!

Watch the Evil Post lead with

" Super Ricky's goal number 11 takes Gas into top half "

No doom and gloom at the Gate,

more like Boom Boom!

Not just the Evil Post either...

Points West had a live link up to Alastair Durden at Huish Park and then mentioned Swindon Town but failed to mention either Bristol club's game despite:

a) 1 rosette-wearing, rattle-waving man and his dog caring about a relegation threatened Yeovil.

b) Swindon not really being part of this region

c) Bristol being the city they broadcast PW from

d) City playing a club that was recently in the Prem in front of 20k+ to go fourth.

A return to City doing what they do best, playing the ball on the deck. So if me having a moan because we`d resorted to playing hoofball and seemingly had forgotten how to play properly makes me a doom and gloom ,merchant so be it.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Back up to 4th which is a fantastic bounceback, look at the table though and you``ll see that numerically we are slap bang in the middle of top and 22nd. It`s too early to be negative and too early to be booking hotels for Wembley or planning your tour of the Premier League. It proves Exactly how tough this league is and nothing can be taken for granted.

Great job tonight and there`s some payback due on saturday after Barnsley ended our great start last season.

Can`t wait to see the highlights.

PDG

Just wondering whats happened to the doom and gloom? 4th in the table only 5 teams scored more goals than us. Come back glory hunters come back!!!

Yes exactly,last week we had people on here moaning about our position in the league after ONLY ten games.When i stated it was still early days the response was that it will be to late soon :dunno:

Can we have the same people now come back on here and say how happy they are at our league position. :juggle:

I expect they will just say "its only after 12 games", the reality is, that however well we do there will always be some people on here who are negative :dunno:

Yes exactly,last week we had people on here moaning about our position in the league after ONLY ten games.When i stated it was still early days the response was that it will be to late soon :dunno:

Can we have the same people now come back on here and say how happy they are at our league position. :juggle:

I expect they will just say "its only after 12 games", the reality is, that however well we do there will always be some people on here who are negative :dunno:

No, not negative, just able to see the whole picture. A draw at Barnsley and a point at home to Sheff Utd could see us drop below mid table, it`s that tight. The league table only matters at the end of the season, what matters to me is the performances on the pitch. Plymouth, not so much Wolves but definitely Sheff Utd saw some of our worst performances on the pitch since we were promoted. Thankfully GJ has shaken it up and while we may have been under the cosh and rode our luck for the 1st 20m or so tonight, the WHOLE team put in a performance to be proud of and came away with a fantastic result. IF we can come away with 4 points from the next 2 games, which if we can maintain this level of performance isn`t unreasonable, then that should really get the dressing room buzzing and we can go into the next games on a real high and clubs will look at us knowing last season was not a flash in the pan.

Performances, my friend are my yard stick, not a volatile league table, not `til the end of the season anyway.

PDG

No, not negative, just able to see the whole picture. A draw at Barnsley and a point at home to Sheff Utd could see us drop below mid table, it`s that tight. The league table only matters at the end of the season, what matters to me is the performances on the pitch. Plymouth, not so much Wolves but definitely Sheff Utd saw some of our worst performances on the pitch since we were promoted. Thankfully GJ has shaken it up and while we may have been under the cosh and rode our luck for the 1st 20m or so tonight, the WHOLE team put in a performance to be proud of and came away with a fantastic result. IF we can come away with 4 points from the next 2 games, which if we can maintain this level of performance isn`t unreasonable, then that should really get the dressing room buzzing and we can go into the next games on a real high and clubs will look at us knowing last season was not a flash in the pan.

Performances, my friend are my yard stick, not a volatile league table, not `til the end of the season anyway.

PDG

Of course you're right, the league this year is gearing up to be even closer than last time. Having said that, I personally feel a hell of a lot better with us 4th than I did last week with us in 13th.

Points, my friend, are my yard stick - coupled with a decent goal difference.

If we've got enough points and a positive goal difference which puts us in the mix, it means the performances have been decent in comparison to the opposition.

It's hard competition, not a beauty contest.

In Lge 1 and below you might get away with a few crap performances and still get points. In this league you put in a crap performance and you`ll drop points ala Plymouth and Sheff Utd.

Get the performances right and the points will look after themselves. And who mentioned a beauty contest or was that suppoesed to be humorous.

PDG

PDG

Yes it is a volatile league table and performances obviously count, but what i see on this forum is people slagging the team BECAUSE of our league position.I have read one poster on here tonight stating how well its going, when last week he was suicidal!!

We all know how tight this league is and like last season we will have our ups and downs.Last season we had real bad performances about now at Barnsley and Ipswich but then turned it round with the next few results.

What i find most annoying is the people on here who feel we have some kind of devine right to win every game, and of course when we don't they come out with there negativity.

Its a great league to be in, i for one am just happy to be in it.

Yes it is a volatile league table and performances obviously count, but what i see on this forum is people slagging the team BECAUSE of our league position.I have read one poster on here tonight stating how well its going, when last week he was suicidal!!

We all know how tight this league is and like last season we will have our ups and downs.Last season we had real bad performances about now at Barnsley and Ipswich but then turned it round with the next few results.

What i find most annoying is the people on here who feel we have some kind of devine right to win every game, and of course when we don't they come out with there negativity.

Its a great league to be in, i for one am just happy to be in it.

Amen to that.

PDG

Yeah - and the same goes for every other team in this divsion and any other league.

In relative terms, it's no difference to league one or the conference or the Bristol district league - play poorly and you lose.

I'm not sure what your point is, we are bound to drop points and that should be expected - or do you expect us to play entertaining football and win every game ?

We will win when playing poorly and we will lose when playing entertaining stuff during this season and it will level out.

It's the points that count at the end of the day, not the performances which doesn't necessarily net the points.

Norwich is a good example and Blackpool an even better one.

FFS are you just being argumentative for the sake of it or just living up to your name ?

You don`t need to be a rocket scientist to know that the higher Lge you play in the more chance you have of being punished when you have an off day.

Secondly, yes you`re going to drop points now and again when you`ve done everything to deserve the win, thats football. My point being that the only thing you`re likely to get if you under-perform more often than not, is relegated.

Do i expect us to play entertaining football every game ? - pretty much yes, it`s better than watching disjointed hoof-ball.

Do i expect us to win every game ? - YES, but i know it won`t happen. The `yes` was tongue-in-cheek bye the way.

I take it you`re relying on the law of averages when you say that points lost when playing well will level out with points won when playing poorly.

I think you`ll find thats rubbish mate, we`re not talking a coin toss here. If you`re playing well on the day you`ve got more chance of winning the match than if you`re not.

And in relative terms ther`s a whole world of difference between CCC and lower leagues, or do i see something that you quite clearly don`t.

PDG

more like Boom Boom!

did anyone see HTV West after News at ten last night?

They actually did lead with

"Lamberts super strike lifts Rovers into top half"

and showed no goals from the Valley,

local media = useless

did anyone see HTV West after News at ten last night?

They actually did lead with

"Lamberts super strike lifts Rovers into top half"

and showed no goals from the Valley,

local media = useless

HTV would have been unlikely to have the footage from the City game, whereas the Rover game was in Bristol and they would have footage.

same standards as Saturday apply, they basically only ever have action from home games, and usually just 1st half's if anything.

It seems like the forum goes quiet when we do well!!! Nothing to moan about, and most people won't do positive.

Anyway, people who still say we arent playing well... doesn't that make a great team? Not playing well and still winning.

BELIEVE. :englandsmile4wf:

more like Boom Boom!

don't worry about us were fine with ricky boom boom lambert..chatting to a red mate earlier and we were saying how well things are going at the moment 4 you lot..can you keep it up though ? me thinks you,ll do about 10th,not that youre interested but we,ll finish about mid table ish

don't worry about us were fine with ricky boom boom lambert..chatting to a red mate earlier and we were saying how well things are going at the moment 4 you lot..can you keep it up though ? me thinks you,ll do about 10th,not that youre interested but we,ll finish about mid table ish

Excuse me theres only one Boom Boom and thats our Jamie Mccombe!! I hear you got Lambert the Lamb instead??? :baa:

:innocent06: our ricky is on fire at the moment so the evening post will naturally give our striker the headlines..ha

Ricky Lambert..... all I can think of every time I hear is name is not "what a good quality striker those Rovers have"..... all that springs to mind is:

RICCKKKKAAAYYYYYY - Bianca from Eastenders shouting his name and

LAMBERT - (& Butler) a packet of fags

don't get too excited about your striker doing well - remember, Rovers have a history of unearthing some half decent strikers that could potenitally take you up, then sell sell sell as soon as the first decent cash offer comes along thus ruining your season just so that the Dunfords can buy a couple of new milk floats.

Guest ashtonyate

Don't run away with the conclusion that all in the garden is roses yes it was a good win at Charlton but the match against Norwich was not that wonderful. A lot of games this season at home have been poor and we need to improve on it.

We play with no width and not much pace and the Norwich game showed both to be missing i never seen how many shots on goal we had but it could not have been many.

We are supporter but we liked to be entertained as well as winning.

Having just watched the Charlton highlights on World i`ve got to say some of the football was a joy to watch, can only wish i`d been there.

It goes to show what this team are capable of, the flip side being that people wonder why some, including me, get so frustrated when we witness some of the stuff played this season.

The movement off the ball, the willlingness to move it about quickly while going forward was brilliant.

Now, as has been pointed out to me already, we`re not going to produce that kind of performance week in, week out, but if we are to harbour any thoughts of repeating last seasons finish, as a minimum, then it`s going to have to be more often than not as opposed to every now and again.

Here`s hoping the boys can raise there game again on Saturday and carry it on to the Sheff Utd game. It would be great to witness that kind of footie on a regular basis at the Gate.

PDG

Just out of interest, why do you think we'll finish 10th? Do you watch us regularly, or are you just quoting from your mate?

Worry about what happens to your lot would be the last thing i would do. Celebrate with a few ciders when it all goes t1ts up for you would be more like it. :innocent06:

Archived