IGNORED

Williams

boadle

Having only seen a few games so far this season, I was wondering how people feel Williams has settled into the team. Regardless of whether or not he was intended to be Carles replacement (let's not get into that again) he seems to be finding his feet. What type of player would you describe him as? He appears to be a very intelligent footballer, and seems to have some lovely close control? Also, had no injury worries so far, despite his reputation as a sicknote at Yeovil.

Congrats to the lad on getting his first goal. Here's to many more.

Lacking in fitness boadle so hard to say so far.

On Saturday certainly had a propensity to drift in from the wing and play more centrally, where, personally I thought he looked pretty good, whilst not possessing Ronaldo-esque skills, he was prepared to run at players and to look for through balls.

(Here we go), from what I have seen of him (only home games), he has the potential to be better than Carle - who in my opinion was a little bit of a show pony and certainly rash in the challenge, which Williams is not.

I must admit he does look very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Good control and composure. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the centre with Marv at some point, as i believe that is when we will see the best from him. Obviously with Johnson playing well last night and Gavin scoring we should stick with that for the next game but should we find ourselves running out of ideas or Johnson getting suspended, injured or out of form it would be nice to see the Elliott / Williams combination given a go.

I must admit he does look very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Good control and composure. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the centre with Marv at some point, as i believe that is when we will see the best from him. Obviously with Johnson playing well last night and Gavin scoring we should stick with that for the next game but should we find ourselves running out of ideas or Johnson getting suspended, injured or out of form it would be nice to see the Elliott / Williams combination given a go.

supposedly his best position, will be interesting to see how that partnership works as/when it happens, if Williams can fill that problem position long term and keep fit, then that is a big problem resolved.

well i would say he is a highly skilled player

what do you class as skill? little flicks, step overs that rarely get you anywhere?

or the ability to beat a player and play a weighted through ball or pass to feet?

because he is certainly the second! and against charlton was one of the classiest players on the pitch, a toss up between gavin and lee johnson for motm, he also wasnt scared to put his foot in occasionally which was nce to see.

Undecided on Williams I'm afraid. Not in Marv Elliots class but I can neither deny that his goal against Charley Tunn was a fine goal.

It could be that he is getting back to fitness but I certainly wouldn't say his is a highly skilled player.

What to you is class?

To me a class player is somebody with a great touch,skill,

who can spray passes around the park opening up defences

and run games

Elliott is very good at getting from box to box

putting his foot in and stopping other teams from playing

He is a very good and important player for city

But "Class" NO CHANCE

Undecided on Williams I'm afraid. Not in Marv Elliots class but I can neither deny that his goal against Charley Tunn was a fine goal.

It could be that he is getting back to fitness but I certainly wouldn't say his is a highly skilled player.

I agree the jury is still out on Gavin, but what we saw on Tuesday was mightily encouraging. Great composure to score as well.

Also, is it tempting fate to say that Trunds has found his feet in the CCC? He seems much more assured of late - fantastic contribution against Plymouth, sound (Plymouth Sound ha ha) against Norwich, and truly convincing as a starter against Charlton. When he got the ball on Tuesday I thought "he's going to do something useful here" not as in the past "he may do something spectacular, but is more likely to lose possession".

Tuesday was so encouraging. Let's hope we can keep it up. Why not eh?

I was undecided when we signed him, however ive seen enuff of him to realise he has fantastic ball control and is a very good distrubuter of a ball. Like a few people have said he is very similar to Noble but Gavin seems to have a bit of pace about him and as we saw last night he can certainly strike a ball.

To be fair for the money we paid it was a very inteligent signing by GJ, and he looks a solid player at this level. I still don't think however he is fully fit, and maybe there is till more to come from him....

looks very tidy footballer in the same mould as Noble.

maybe doesnt have the pace of an out and out winger, or quite the workrate needed in the middle of the park.

interesting to see where he fits in long term? at the mo right wing is def the position up for grabs in the first 11 so hopefully he can do a job regularly there

What to you is class?

To me a class player is somebody with a great touch,skill,

who can spray passes around the park opening up defences

and run games

Which Williams has not shown consistently to be deemed in that mold

Elliott is very good at getting from box to box

putting his foot in and stopping other teams from playing

He is a very good and important player for city

Which he has shown consistently since coming here as well as being a work horse, a good passer and

someone who attacks the opposition with the ball.

But "Class" NO CHANCE

I would like to see Williams in the middle as I feel he is wasted on the wing. For the moment I have to say that Marvin Elliot is a better player.

Archived