IGNORED

Dates In Our Favour?

City Exile

Down to the wire.

I wonder if next weekend the fixtures are a little in our favour. Every weekend we and QPR seem to have been playing with one eye elsewhere. Am I right in saying QPR play on Saturday?

If so, that could be a big advantage to us. Surely if QPR draw, then come Sunday we could be two wins away from auto. We will at least know what we have to do.

And against all three likely play off teams - we have got 4 points. Hardly anything to fear!

Down to the wire.

I wonder if next weekend the fixtures are a little in our favour. Every weekend we and QPR seem to have been playing with one eye elsewhere. Am I right in saying QPR play on Saturday?

If so, that could be a big advantage to us. Surely if QPR draw, then come Sunday we could be two wins away from auto. We will at least know what we have to do.

And against all three likely play off teams - we have got 4 points. Hardly anything to fear!

Yeah but we knew what we had to do today, and last week, and the away game before that. Win. Thasts what we have to do, but we rarely do it. If anything, knowing that we need a win to go 2nd next week will hinder us not help us.

Guest comeonyoureds

even if qpr win only 1 and loose the other of their last 2, city still have to win both games! a win and a draw and qpr will go up on goal difference!

that will really really hurt!

Danny didn't want the players distracted by knowing the HT results today. So what is he going to do next saturday? Blindfold them and put cotton wool in their ears! :rolleyes:

Just re-read the story in yesterday's Evening Post and this is what he said.

Wilson's Radio SILENCE

Danny Wilson and his players are determined to cast aside any commotion emanating from the stands during tomorrow's vital home match with Brighton.

The Bristol City manager knows another big Ashton Gate crowd will not only have eyes trained on the task in hand, but ears glued to radios in eager anticipation of score flashes from the Plymouth-Queens Park Rangers clash.

An Argyle victory would effectively hand the Pilgrims promotion, and, more importantly for City fans, would see the Robins move second if they beat Brighton.

Wilson knows there will be a buzz of excitement around the Gate should it appear Plymouth are forging ahead in their tussle, but says it is imperative he and his side ignore that in a bid to ensure they keep their side of the bargain.

"From my point of view I really don't want to know what's going on elsewhere, least of all Home Park!" stressed Wilson.

"We have to try and blot out what's on the periphery and make sure our own game is in order. It would be too easy to get caught up with other scores and lose our focus. It could be that one of our rivals is 3-0 up at half-time and goes on to lose the game 4-3, so what's the point in knowing what's going on?

"The time to see what's happened in other games is after our game, when we can look then and see if anyone has done us any favours."

It made sense to me at the time and I think he was right.

I fear that QPR will be really up for the game next weekend with Swindon knowing that a win will make them strong favourites to go up. Our hope is that they bottle it and Swindon can take at least a point off them.

Either way we have to win at Barnsley and to be honest I doubt we will do that thus handing promotion to QPR (if they beat Swindon) on a plate. We only have ourselves to blame if this happens as we should have taken more than a measly 1 point from our last two games.

Archived