IGNORED

Mccombe And Fontaine

GrahamC

Whilst a clean sheet is always welcome, the gap between the centre halves was alarmingly big at times, particularly in the final 20 minutes of the first half.

They'll certainly need to tighten that up in future, as better forwards will take advantage where Hume and the atrocious Macken failed to capitalise.

No worries, Webbo looked sound when he came on today :thumbsup:

Looked a lot better apart from when he tried to wrestle guy to ground in penalty box - just about to watch highlights but thought that was more of a pen than when the left back did a triple somersault in box to try and con the ref (again will wait until see it again in case I'm wrong!)

Looked a lot better apart from when he tried to wrestle guy to ground in penalty box - just about to watch highlights but thought that was more of a pen than when the left back did a triple somersault in box to try and con the ref (again will wait until see it again in case I'm wrong!)

OK talking to myself here ....

Didn't show the the Webster incident so none the wiser ....

Think we got out of jail with the other shout - Wilson does make contact though left back was definitely looking for a penalty and made bit too much of the "dive"

OK talking to myself here ....

Didn't show the the Webster incident so none the wiser ....

Think we got out of jail with the other shout - Wilson does make contact though left back was definitely looking for a penalty and made bit too much of the "dive"

Thought the wrestling incident was 50/50, although I may be biased.

don't fix what isnt broken as they say.

however, with mcallister limping off today, depending on his fitness we may see fontaine at left back and carey/mccombe in the centre

This is now the reason why I am disappointed we didn't sign another LB in the window. It is the one position where we have no competition and no real cover. Surely we are not getting the best out of JM if there is no competition for his place?

And now we have to disrupt our central defence to accommodate the LB position.

Gj says it looks like he will be out for a few weeks and he is looking at the options, As we really have no options does this mean he's looking to bring someone in?

They are the most talented two centre backs we have. If only they had Louis's intangible qualities of consistancy and leadership.

In fairness, they are 25 and 22 years old and Louis didn't have the same consistency or leadership qualities when he was 25. It would certainly be good if one of them had them now but at least they will hopefully acquire them in time. Fontaine in particular has the ability to play at the top level (domestically, at least).

Archived