IGNORED

Yesterday's Game...

SimplyRed

I thought we played excellent football yesterday. We outplayed Brighton in all areas of the field and Phillips had nothing to do all afternoon.

And who's Leon Knight? To me, yesterday, he looked a little boy playing a man's game - effectively snuffed out.

But there is one thing glaringly wrong with our team. Everybody knows it, everybody can see it, yet nobody seems to know how to put it right.

WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS WHEN IT MATTERS.

We should have been cruising at least 2-0 up by half time yesterday (how many times have we heard that this season?).

Please don't tell me the front two aren't getting the service from midfield because that's just not true (yesterday anyway).

We made multiple chances yesterday and all attempts either fizzled out, got skyed over the bar or went wide. The very few shots that were on target were tame ones that went straight to their keeper (apart from Carey's piledriver). I also think we waste time and chances by overplaying in and around their box, instead of being more direct once we get into the final third.

Until we can resolve this problem we have of converting gilt edged chances, I wouldn't bet on us winning any more games. To win games you have to score goals - and at the moment, we're finding it very difficult.

I have been very optimistic about our prospects all season, but I fear things are slipping away somewhat because of this weakness.

All is not lost yet, and there is still the lottery of the play-offs as a second bite of the cherry, but we DESPERATELY NEED to sort out our strike rate if we're to have any chance whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

Guest maxie

How can we sort out our strike "force"? The transfer window closed weeks ago. What we are left with are a bunch of players who would rather faff about with the ball in the box than attempt a hit on target. That's been our problem all season, and I must say for most of the 36 seasons that I have been watching City.

WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS WHEN IT MATTERS.

We should have been cruising at least 2-0 up by half time yesterday (how many times have we heard that this season?).

Please don't tell me the front two aren't getting the service from midfield because that's just not true (yesterday anyway).

I agree, they have been getting service all season but our strikers are just poor. We have no-one who can stick the ball in the back of the net

Archived