IGNORED

Steam & Football Manager 2009

jambodinho

I have been reading on the sigames forum about something called Steam. From what i can make out, you need to activate your copy of Football Manager 2009 and create an account with Steam on their website www.store.steampowered.com/and they will automatically update the patches to your game when they become available to save you keeping an eye out for when they are released and to speed up downloading times.

Now on the sigames forum everyone seems to know about PC's inside out and as they are all busy blabbering on about this new STEAM thingy, i thought i would ask on here if anyone has had experience with Steam before or if they knew what we have to do when we get our copy of the game. Also if you make a post on their forum they seem to shoot you down telling you that you have posted in the wrong section or that there is already a thread about what you have posted. They give you a link to this thread that apparently contains the info i need but when you look through it, it doesn't.

Anyone heard about this STEAM or know what is going to be different to this years game from last years game with regards to computer requirements and activation as you have not needed to activate any onf the previous editions.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I have been reading on the sigames forum about something called Steam. From what i can make out, you need to activate your copy of Football Manager 2009 and create an account with Steam on their website www.store.steampowered.com/and they will automatically update the patches to your game when they become available to save you keeping an eye out for when they are released and to speed up downloading times.

Now on the sigames forum everyone seems to know about PC's inside out and as they are all busy blabbering on about this new STEAM thingy, i thought i would ask on here if anyone has had experience with Steam before or if they knew what we have to do when we get our copy of the game. Also if you make a post on their forum they seem to shoot you down telling you that you have posted in the wrong section or that there is already a thread about what you have posted. They give you a link to this thread that apparently contains the info i need but when you look through it, it doesn't.

Anyone heard about this STEAM or know what is going to be different to this years game from last years game with regards to computer requirements and activation as you have not needed to activate any onf the previous editions.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Steam is used for a lot of programs, it is safe to use.

I think they are doing it to try and cut down on the about of copies, but if it has been made it can be cracked so it wont really solve again.

I doubt it will be hard to set up otherwise they wouldnt be doing it, it will probably say at the end of installing the game that you need to install Steam and it will do it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery) Wiki page on steam.

Basically Steam is an application that is used to sale, update and organise games.

A good move to get FM onto steam, as patches will be loaded automatically, and if you purchase a game from steam, your account will remember the purchase, so if you ever change PC, you can download all your games.

Archived