IGNORED

Points (league Position)

Lack of Action Man

Just noticed that QPR have leapfroged us and was wondering

although its obvious we are doing very well after the international break and we have more points

versus opponents that we did last year

Has anyone out there compared the performances of the teams around us to last seasons results

in the same ten game way that has been done with city?

It would be interesting to see which sides have made the most improvements compared to last season

Just noticed that QPR have leapfroged us and was wondering

although its obvious we are doing very well after the international break and we have more points

versus opponents that we did last year

Has anyone out there compared the performances of the teams around us to last seasons results

in the same ten game way that has been done with city?

It would be interesting to see which sides have made the most improvements compared to last season

I'm sure this information is available somewhere, however personally, I don't take much notice of the league tables, statitistics, this season versus last seasons results etc until at least 23 games have been played.

If anything, the only rule I go by is the : games played x 2 = the amount of points we should be aiming for / how well the season is going so far.

Currently, we are on 21 points with 14 hames played, so we are effectively 7 points behind where we would ideally want to be at this stage in the season if we want to push for promotion.

I realise that there are a lot of other contributing factors, but I believe that this is a good premise to work by, rather than simply breaking it down into how well we did compared to last year.

I'm sure this information is available somewhere, however personally, I don't take much notice of the league tables, statitistics, this season versus last seasons results etc until at least 23 games have been played.

If anything, the only rule I go by is the : games played x 2 = the amount of points we should be aiming for / how well the season is going so far.

Currently, we are on 21 points with 14 hames played, so we are effectively 7 points behind where we would ideally want to be at this stage in the season if we want to push for promotion.

I realise that there are a lot of other contributing factors, but I believe that this is a good premise to work by, rather than simply breaking it down into how well we did compared to last year.

Good assessment, we're currently 10 points from the top, so yes, we should be 7 or 8 points better off than we are if we want to be in the frame. Even at this stage that's a tough gap to close (considering the quality of teams above us), but the Christmas period is crucial as well all know and if we can have a decent haul over Christmas we'll be a great position going into 2009.

Archived