IGNORED

Gillespie ... Dw, " We Have First Option"

headhunter

Read in Sat's EP that West Ham have now shown an interest in Gillespie so to say we have first option is surely down to him not us.

Imagine this conversation

DW : "So son, you're going to sign for us then?"

SG : "I'll think about it Danny but tell me what is your record like at giving young strikers a chance in your first team ? I heard about the guy Lita and you paid £325k for Miller and don't play him."

DW : "Er... um ..... I gave Joe Burnell and Aaron Brown a fair crack of the whip"

SG : "Well before I make up my mind I'll speak with Alan Pardew"

Next day

Pardew : "Welcome to Upton Park, look why sign for Bristol, they'r

e still in D2 join us"

SG : Will I get a chance to play in the first team ?

Pardew : If you are good enough the fact you are only 19 is irrelevant - look what being at this club did for Jermain Defoe".

I hope he joins us but now I somehow doubt it !!

So, going by what DW said, if we offer Gillespie £500 a week and West Ham offer him £2,000, he'll join us :)

Don't think so and it's the latest in a long line of "football manager speak," from DW.

After he scores 4 goals and hit's the post twice, we say " 'appen we'll have another loook"

GIVE ME STRENGTH

Still, there'a always the Scottish Second Div or......Weymouth!! :rolleyes:

I dont understand,

RedTauntonian Posted on Apr 25 2004, 10:53 AM

"GIllespie has actually said that we have first option on him, himself, and all that is to sort out now is a contract, so before you start having a go at wilson, think about what your going to write first!"

So does this mean he has signed somthing to confirm we have first option? I doubt very much a guys word means anything and if thats all that it is, then it is as worthless as the paper it is written on.

I think headhunters point is that why havent we signed him after the four goals he scored on his debut. Which is a very good point considering murray was signed after scoring a hattrick on his trial. It is worrying we havent got him already and i wouldnt be suprised if he goes elsewhere. Unless the first option people are talking about is a pre contract agreement.

Thank you Twaters - the Wilson happy clappers have been out in force today !

I hope I speak for most critics of DW in that we are passionate about City and give the team 150% support on matchdays..... other than on here where else is there to vent our frustrations and share them with like-minded people.

Yes, a point against a play off team shouldn't be viewed as doom and gloom - the negativity is the fact that it shouldn't have mattered .... without just 2 of the foul ups since 28 Feb we would have been home and dry by now

Archived