IGNORED

Value Of Boom Boom

cityhead

With the value of forwards who can score goals talked up all the time - the value of a central defender who can prevent goals must be just as valuable.

Since his return from injury we have not conceded, formed a great partnership with Fonts, faced so called prem players such as Lita and Beattie and had them in his pocket all game.

Class defender and must have louise worried about getting back into the team!

Hope this thread doesn't put the curse on him for saturday.

With the value of forwards who can score goals talked up all the time - the value of a central defender who can prevent goals must be just as valuable.

Since his return from injury we have not conceded, formed a great partnership with Fonts, faced so called prem players such as Lita and Beattie and had them in his pocket all game.

Class defender and must have louise worried about getting back into the team!

Hope this thread doesn't put the curse on him for saturday.

I agree that McCombe has come in and added something to the back four. When playing well he mops up every high ball played into our box and can be a dominating presence. But it is Fontaine who I really like. As a "second" Centre Hallf I can really see him making it to the Premier League either with or without us. He is still prone to the odd error of judgement but his game is coming along really nicely and I expect plenty of Premier League scouts to come down and "have a look" at him.

Totally agree Greebo,

Considering the quality of players they were up against on Tuesday I thought Fonts and Wilson combined well, especially as wilson was out of position.

My only concern with the defence at the moment is Bradders, but I think his mind has been elsewhere lately. At least we know what he was doing during his recovery from his broken jaw during the summer - lucky b****d.

Boom Boom is the new Stuart Taylor. Anyone old enough to remember the man can also recall how much we missed him when he was injured. Keep it up boom boom

Or Shaun? Stuart played for you know who. :gasmask: Though Boom Boom does bear some resemblance it has to be said.

It most certainly was Shaun Taylor. Now to go and remove my finger nails with pliers as a penance

God just how embarressing is that I hope my young un doesn't read it

Your spot on about Boom boom and Taylor both vital at the back to city and both actually better footballers then many give them credit for.

Taylor for me is the best centre back I have ever seen at city (based on my watching over the last 20 years), Boom Boom is very close behind, not as good a defender as Taylor, but is a massive threat going forward.

By the way I would have made the same mistake on the name... its easily done.

The absence of McCombe is one of the main reasons we didn't win the playoff final IMO. McCombe filled the first ball defender role we'd been missign so long, but added pace and ability than none of his predecessors (up to Taylor) had. His fitness is vital for us. Strong in both boxes, just a massive player for us in all senses.

Archived