IGNORED

Friday Facts About Reading

greenun

Probably going to get this wrong, and then be told it's a load of bs, but............

Reading are one of only two league clubs who don't have to wear their away strip, and can force the home club to wear theirs.

Why is this, and who is the other club, and why do they not have to either.

Hope I'm right on this!!

Probably going to get this wrong, and then be told it's a load of bs, but............

Reading are one of only two league clubs who don't have to wear their away strip, and can force the home club to wear theirs.

Hope I'm right on this!!

Because they are from the Royal County of Berkshire.(still don't know whether or not this is an urban myth).

Another fact:

Bristol City will turn Reading over on Saturday.

For starters, did you know that Reading have actually lost four away matches this season?

(Please feel free to add your own facts that you can take or leave)

Reading are known as the 'Royals'. The Royals were beaten in Bristol in September 1645 by a glorious and victorious army of liberation that included Oliver Cromwell himself as one of its senior commanders. :winner_third_h4h:

Our Red Army to crush the Royal blue bellies again tomorrow !!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Come On You Reddzzzzzz

Hope I'm right on this!!

Not sure about Reading but this definitely applies to Preston. Not sure why though...........any stato's out there?

Not sure about Reading but this definitely applies to Preston. Not sure why though...........any stato's out there?

No stato but its an urban myth that has been debunked before.

Preston supposedly do not have to wear an away kit because they were the first to win the double and Reading because they are in a Royal county. Myth also applied to Notts County who were the first team in the league.

All clubs have to follow the rules as set out in the League Rulebook concerning kit and as far as I know home and away kits ahve to be registered.

Preston supposedly do not have to wear an away kit because they were the first to win the double and Reading because they are in a Royal county. Myth also applied to Notts County who were the first team in the league.

All clubs have to follow the rules as set out in the League Rulebook concerning kit and as far as I know home and away kits ahve to be registered.

Your're right.

Reading - away=orange

Notts C - away - maroon and blue halves

Preston - away - yellow

Isn't it something to do with the shape of the corner flags then(or am I just clutching at straws?)?

Your're right.

Reading - away=orange

Notts C - away - maroon and blue halves

Preston - away - yellow

Isn't it something to do with the shape of the corner flags then(or am I just clutching at straws?)?

There is another one about the shape of the corner flags too - can't remember what the myth about that one is though!

There is another one about the shape of the corner flags too - can't remember what the myth about that one is though!

Think thats to do with winning the FA Cup or something

Cardiff have different corner flags to Swansea because they have won the cup

According to that film Twin Town

Hope I'm right on this!!

I think you are wrong on this Woodsy.

Reading's home strip is white with blue hoops, and their away strip is blue with white hoops.

Hope that clears it up.

Don't think it's a myth Woodsy. I think FA Cup Winners are entitled to use triangular corner flags, whereas other clubs have square ones.

Don't think it's a myth Woodsy. I think FA Cup Winners are entitled to use triangular corner flags, whereas other clubs have square ones.

Having just googled this I found an answer to the same questioon where the poster contacted the FA, who confirmed that there is no specification about the shape of the corner flags, so any shape is allowed. Therefore triangular flags only being used by FA cup winners is a myth, so you are correct Woodsy.

One thing the thread did say is that Blackburn are the only club to have their club crest on the corner flags - for those who like obscure bits of information.

I though it was because they were the first club inauggurated into the FL

How is this possible?

Apart from teams that have won the FA Cup, then depending on inauguration, surely there must be someone who has not won the cup and lost more?

See Maesknoll Red's reply above

Having just googled this I found an answer to the same questioon where the poster contacted the FA, who confirmed that there is no specification about the shape of the corner flags, so any shape is allowed. Therefore triangular flags only being used by FA cup winners is a myth, so you are correct Woodsy.

One thing the thread did say is that Blackburn are the only club to have their club crest on the corner flags - for those who like obscure bits of information.

I think this is another urban myth.

Blackburn may be the only club to have their badge on the corner flag (supposedly because they are the only league team to win the cup three years in a row) but there is nothing in the rules to say other clubs can't do this and I think some have.

I though it was because they were the first club inauggurated into the FL

Notts County are the oldest football league club but surely they were inaugurated into the league in 1888 at the same time as the other eleven clubs? Will someone now name all the twelve original football league clubs? :dancing6:

Notts County are the oldest football league club but surely they were inaugurated into the league in 1888 at the same time as the other eleven clubs? Will someone now name all the twelve original football league clubs? :dancing6:

Juventus wear black and white stripes to mimic Notts County...because they are the 1st ever club

Archived