IGNORED

Liam Rosenior

Guest too hot to handle

Guest too hot to handle

What sort of reception will people give him tomorrow?

I for one am not one for booing ex players who return. But with Liam I will be shouting abuse at him for the entire 90 minutes. I just hate him.

Won't boo him personally.

The Club screwed up his contract, once he was out of contract and got offered a deal at a Premier League Club and duly accepted, which was totally understandable, alot of the blame has to go to Wilson and the Club on the whole screw up.

However he was a MUCH better player than anyone else at the club at the time, Too be honest, I surprised he's playing in the championship as he was a very good player when at Fulham.

I'll give him a clap personally.

Going back and reading through the interview Edson did with him I don't think it was solely him to blame for the whole turn of events. Also it was another wonder stroke by Danny Wonderson.. remember how he dropped him after getting MOTM in the LDV Final?

http://www.theincider.com/backissues/14/features/liam.php

Precisely. And of course thought Peacock, Roberts and Miller were better than Lita and wouldn't even put the latter on the bench for a play off final, even though Peacock was injured. So no reason to have a go at Rosenior at all.

I always thought it was funny how when he played for us he was used as a striker and now he plays at either a right or left back. I cant remember many other players who played for us with this sort of versatility.

Rob Newman started off as a striker and then went on to play midfield, fullback and centre back for City :innocent06:

Won't boo him personally.

The Club screwed up his contract, once he was out of contract and got offered a deal at a Premier League Club and duly accepted, which was totally understandable, alot of the blame has to go to Wilson and the Club on the whole screw up.

However he was a MUCH better player than anyone else at the club at the time, Too be honest, I surprised he's playing in the championship as he was a very good player when at Fulham.

I'll give him a clap personally.

The blame was surely Sexstones rather than Wilson in terms of offering a contract ?

He wasn't popular with the other young players and no doubt his old man encouraged a move, but who could blame him for the move he made?

I thought he was terrific and has made a much better career for himself than he would had he stayed with us.

Yawn

Is it not a fair point, given the justification of Lita's abuse?

It'll probably settle whether those chanting in the EE want to help City by putting off opposition ex players or are just hypocrites, who praise his out of town activities one minute, and boo them the next.

It'll probably settle whether those chanting in the EE want to help City by putting off opposition ex players or are just hypocrites, who praise his out of town activities one minute, and boo them the next.

Maybe I should of clarified. I find your sarcasm and fishing boring.

As to "It'll probably settle whether those chanting in the EE want to help City by putting off opposition ex players or are just hypocrites" there was boos and chants at Sheffield United players with no connection to City. So i guess that answers that.

Maybe I should of clarified. I find your sarcasm and fishing boring.

As to "It'll probably settle whether those chanting in the EE want to help City by putting off opposition ex players or are just hypocrites" there was boos and chants at Sheffield United players with no connection to City. So i guess that answers that.

Well I was sat in the Dolman, which should mean I would have heard such chants/boos, and I didnt.

I'm assuming the EE gang have an entire repetoire ready for his return, seeing as he's an opposition player and everything, and booing will put him off his game?

I await eagerly.

Well I was sat in the Dolman, which should mean I would have heard such chants/boos, and I didnt.

It is like the rising and the setting of the sun, boring predictability, yawn yawn yawn and yawn again. Change the bleedin record

I'm assuming the EE gang have an entire repetoire ready for his return, seeing as he's an opposition player and everything, and booing will put him off his game?

I await eagerly.

I very rarely post on here these days, due largely to the abundance of keyboard warriors such as yourself. But, seeing as it's friday afternoon, and I'm bored in work, I'll rise to your bait...

What you blindly bound on about and fail to realise is the East End has 1250 people in it, and each one of those people have an opinion. Apart from "Always Believe" and to an extent "Bounce around the ground", the singing and chanting is only carried out by around a third of the stand. Not all people in the EastEnd fit into your preconceived stereotype.

I go into the EastEnd to have a laugh and forget all my stresses of my working week. I couldn't give two hoots if the EastEnd is viewed as an elite, I go in there becasue I have been going in there since I was a 11 year old in 1988. Many people in there share the same view as I do and go in there simply for the relaxed atmosphere and banter. In reality it is people like yourself who have tarred the EastEnd with the 'Elite brush', but truth be told your opinion is only fact for a VERY small minority of EastEnd fans, who coincidently are young uns who don't remember the EastEnd for what it REALLY stands for.

I personally booed Lita for the arrogant attitude he had towards the club when he played for us (an attitude that is still evident today, just look at his goal celebration for Charlton against Wolves last season!), but, I won't be booing Rosenior becasue I feel it was Wilson's fault. So given my stance, what stereotype do you place me in?

I very rarely post on here these days, due largely to the abundance of keyboard warriors such as yourself. But, seeing as it's friday afternoon, and I'm bored in work, I'll rise to your bait...

What you blindly bound on about and fail to realise is the East End has 1250 people in it, and each one of those people have an opinion. Apart from "Always Believe" and to an extent "Bounce around the ground", the singing and chanting is only carried out by around a third of the stand. Not all people in the EastEnd fit into your preconceived stereotype.

I go into the EastEnd to have a laugh and forget all my stresses of my working week. I couldn't give two hoots if the EastEnd is viewed as an elite, I go in there becasue I have been going in there since I was a 11 year old in 1988. Many people in there share the same view as I do and go in there simply for the relaxed atmosphere and banter. In reality it is people like yourself who have tarred the EastEnd with the 'Elite brush', but truth be told your opinion is only fact for a VERY small minority of EastEnd fans, who coincidently are young uns who don't remember the EastEnd for what it REALLY stands for.

I personally booed Lita for the arrogant attitude he had towards the club when he played for us (an attitude that is still evident today, just look at his goal celebration for Charlton against Wolves last season!), but, I won't be booing Rosenior becasue I feel it was Wilson's fault. So given my stance, what stereotype do you place me in?

Nevermind, didnt mean to hurt everyones feelings.

:noexpression:

iv read the incider article but i still don't see any justification for a good reception for liam.

It was badly handled by the club because at end of day the club should have got him on a long contract.

Equally though sums up professional footballers nowadays, we train him up and get jack all for him at the end of it and he does a runner to "the big boys"

I'm pleased hes only made it to the Championship where we are now and not become a Premier League regualr, serves him right in my view.

I kno this goes against what everyone else is saying and like i said i have read the incider article, just in my opinion he walked out on the club who gave him his chance(all be it after some poor treatment from the manager)

iv read the incider article but i still don't see any justification for a good reception for liam.

It was badly handled by the club because at end of day the club should have got him on a long contract.

Equally though sums up professional footballers nowadays, we train him up and get jack all for him at the end of it and he does a runner to "the big boys"

I'm pleased hes only made it to the Championship where we are now and not become a Premier League regualr, serves him right in my view.

I kno this goes against what everyone else is saying and like i said i have read the incider article, just in my opinion he walked out on the club who gave him his chance(all be it after some poor treatment from the manager)

been a regular in the prem for the last 3 seasons and played 100 or so games at that level.

if Reading didn't go up this season, their is a strong chance he'll move back up to that level.

Too Good a player for this level.

He was out of contract and was told he wasn't going to be a regular player in the following season, as he said, be a squad player in league one, or a squad player for a club who actually wanted him in the prem, no brainer.

He's shown the club alot of respect in the media prior to this match and will likely get respect back he deserves

Best player the academy has produced, personally hoping he has a stinker tomorrow,

The best academy product "we" have produced. Although i think his dad might have had more of a bearing on that. Why should we boo a player who went to better themsleves? He did nothing wrong by that.

I don't think he did enough for our club for a particularly hearty reception either mind as he wasn't here long enough, but he was twice the player then, than Orr (much as i love the bloke) will ever be.

More of a meh.

Archived