IGNORED

Free Kicks.

Brizred

Free kicks around the penalty box have been very disappointing this season, why do Johnson and McIndoe take every one in that area, we had 3 or 4 against Sheff.Utd. all were crap, Trundle surely must be worth a go, cant be any worse than what we've had before.

I can only assume Trundles role on free kicks is to be a fox in the box which is not his style of play. Trundle receives the ball from open play and then goes on to slot it home or set someone else up - he's not a poacher.

Maybe Mcindoe and Johnson deliver the goods in training but I have to agree surely Trundle is worth a crack at it. Maybe Williams even?

I'd just like them to mix it up a bit, Trunds is capable of curling one into the top corner from the edge of the box and yes let Williams have a crack, when we're given a free kick in shooting distance its an anti climax because you know who's going to take it and this season theyve always come to nothing.

Don't know if Trundle took the free kicks at his previous clubs, or how successful he was if he did, but he has proved his shooting prowess with City.

If I was an opposition goalkeeper, Trundle, with both power and guile in his armoury would be the last City player I would want to see shaping up to take a free kick.

You'd literally have no idea what he was going to do.

Noble is the other one, but with him out it has to be Trunds for me.

Williams took a couple in the pre-season and they were cracking efforts.

Trundle has great ability to pick a spot and obviously you have some time on the ball to do so from a dead ball situation.

So all in all, i'm quite mystified why neither seem to get a go. Can only presume as others have mentioned that on the training ground and McIndoe and Johnson are the most consistent. However, certainly not testing the keep often enough for me.

I just wish they'd hit the freekick directly, rather than fannying about trying to move the ball left/right, which inevitabley ends up skewing off the foot of whoever whacks it one.

Mickey Bell/Darren Barnard/Rob Newman/Brian Tinnion/David Rennie used to store some crackers directly without moving the ball, so why can't our current players?

I just wish they'd hit the freekick directly, rather than fannying about trying to move the ball left/right, which inevitabley ends up skewing off the foot of whoever whacks it one.

Mickey Bell/Darren Barnard/Rob Newman/Brian Tinnion/David Rennie used to store some crackers directly without moving the ball, so why can't our current players?

all true, we jus don't seem to have quality free kick takers at the moment, apart from people who like to lay it off for someone else, or just dink it into the box and hope for the best.

This winds me up to no end!!! I have no idea why Mcindoe gets so many chances to take Shot worthy free kicks! From what i can gather he whinges the most and gets his own way alot! For me i would line up Johnson and Trundle. Trundle to shoot and Johnson there as a decoy or to mix it up with a deft dink into the box.

I think the only one we scored in the last 2 years came from David Noble. Speaks volumes about our current picks!

I really hate freekicks where they lay the ball off. Either results in the ball going straight into the wall in high in the stand, very rarely seems to result in a goal. It just seems to give the person htting the ball less of a chance as by the time they strike the ball the opposition are 5 yards sometimes even less away from the ball.

As for Trundle think hes a good shout certainly has the ability to get the ball up an over the wall.

Archived