IGNORED

Rovers Shirt/liverpool Shirt

DENZILL 77

What gets you going the most?

Locals walking around Bristol in Rovers shirts or locals walking around in Liverpool, Man utd shirts?

Me personally i would rather see the youngsters wearing City shirts, but failing that i would rather see them in a sad sag top than Liverpool, united, chelsea tops! Why do we feel out numbered in our own area?

Locals walking around Bristol in Rovers shirts or locals walking around in Liverpool, Man utd shirts?

Me personally i would rather see the youngsters wearing City shirts, but failing that i would rather see them in a sad sag top than Liverpool, united, chelsea tops! Why do we feel out numbered in our own area?

Been having this argument with my liverpool supporting mate since i was 10 (I'm now 32) how can you support a team you never watch.

ive seen liverpool more times than him! (1994 the tin man).

I feel very strongly about this. My mates and I are season ticket holders from the Wellington and Taunton area, and were in the Luckwell befiore a city game a couple of years back and those Sky warriors who are diehards in the pub were out in force wearing their Man U and Liverpool replica shirts with broad Bristolian accents. And all this a stones throw away from AG!!!!

It's up to people who they choose to follow, but I'd rather see Gas shirts even in Bemmy and Ashton, than glory hunters in their replica shirts. which have never been worn to a real match in a real ground.

Short answer - if they don't support City then I couldn't care less. Do I want the youngsters in Bristol, who don't support City, to support Rovers? Not particularly.

But ...... I've had 3 separate lots of builders in in the last couple of years, all totally unconnected, all Bristolians and all Liverpool fans.

Not only that but they were bringing up their born and bred Bristolian children as active Liverpool fans, i.e travelling up as a family whenever they could get tickets. When you say we are outnumbered in our own City I reckon you could be right and there are probably more Premier League fans ( armchair and active) in Bristol than City and Rovers put together.

I always end up talking football with these builders and am initially a bit disappointed they aren't City fans as these are South Bristol companies.

Only plus is they aren't Rovers fans.

The biggest laugh i have is walking around somewhere like

Kingswood, Cribbs or Broadmead on a Saturday afternoon

when City are away and the Gas are playing at the rugby ground,

and you see tw*ts walking around in those stupid quartered shirts!

As for the rest, its Chelsea shirts that gets my back up most,

who did they support when Chelsea were sh*t ?

i myself own several liverpool shirts as my dad is a scouser and i was brought up watching the liverpool Video's from the 80's. this never left me and they will always hold a special place in my heart. however as my dad moved to the west country when he was a child he had no choice but to pick a local football team to follow... luckily he chose red and has been going ever since, he took me to loads of games as a small kid, and this first exposure to real football put city way ahead of those videos at home!!!

since then i have rarely looked away from the gate for football reasons. obviously i watch L'pool on tele and MOTD and look out for there results( i even cried a little when they won the CL in 2005!!!), BUT city is MY TEAM. ive never experienced emotions as pure as when we score goals, ive never felt such shivvers running down my spine like the hartlepool, rotherham and Palace games... ive nver felt so distraught as the brighton and hull games.

only city can make me feel that way

i don't understand how those people who call Manure and the like there main team survive, you just cant get the same feelings of excitment from a television screen, you cant get the buzz from a rendition of "we always beleive" or "Drink up thy Cider"

even listening to YNWA doesnt quite make me as excited as when i hear the wurzuls blaring out of the tannoy

i was lucky that my dad took me to the local side, i was luck old man didnt give me the choice to follow who i wanted, as from my mates who i went to school with i could count on one hand the amount who are city fans first and foremost! plenty make the odd trip away if i go, but none would describe themselves as Bristol City fans, and this is because they chose, they looked at the table in 1996 and picked the team that was top!

it is a fathers duty to take his kid to a local football match, and to instill there support upon that team, as it just never leaves youand benifits you in the long term!

i myself own several liverpool shirts as my dad is a scouser and i was brought up watching the liverpool Video's from the 80's. this never left me and they will always hold a special place in my heart. however as my dad moved to the west country when he was a child he had no choice but to pick a local football team to follow... luckily he chose red and has been going ever since, he took me to loads of games as a small kid, and this first exposure to real football put city way ahead of those videos at home!!!

since then i have rarely looked away from the gate for football reasons. obviously i watch L'pool on tele and MOTD and look out for there results( i even cried a little when they won the CL in 2005!!!), BUT city is MY TEAM. ive never experienced emotions as pure as when we score goals, ive never felt such shivvers running down my spine like the hartlepool, rotherham and Palace games... ive nver felt so distraught as the brighton and hull games.

only city can make me feel that way

i don't understand how those people who call Manure and the like there main team survive, you just cant get the same feelings of excitment from a television screen, you cant get the buzz from a rendition of "we always beleive" or "Drink up thy Cider"

even listening to YNWA doesnt quite make me as excited as when i hear the wurzuls blaring out of the tannoy

i was lucky that my dad took me to the local side, i was luck old man didnt give me the choice to follow who i wanted, as from my mates who i went to school with i could count on one hand the amount who are city fans first and foremost! plenty make the odd trip away if i go, but none would describe themselves as Bristol City fans, and this is because they chose, they looked at the table in 1996 and picked the team that was top!

it is a fathers duty to take his kid to a local football match, and to instill there support upon that team, as it just never leaves youand benifits you in the long term!

excellent post.

Archived