IGNORED

Reading Tomorrow...

brad blit

People talk how Reading are apparently in a slump and how we are now starting to play great, but are we??

Despite having lots of possession in the last few games and better play in the middle, have we looked any nearer to scoring goals? Yeah we had a couple chances against Sheff Utd but it wasnt all that great and they all came in the 2nd half. We cant keep relying on 'moments' of magic from someone, we have to get more shots in on goal. Its all down to the 'service' which just still isnt there. I used to think it was more the players but now I'm starting to think its the defensive attitude we have and only have one game plan in some games.

Johnson talks about creating more but we always tend to play deep, on the break or 'Hoof' ball to Dele which just dosnt work or suit the players we have. We have to get more confidence installed in the players by encouraging them to play footy, and be more positive with the ball rather than hit it high. Other clubs tend to change strikers to attack our weaknesses (ie a speedy player versus McCombe rather than targetman) yet we always seem to keep the same players and be predictable. Why did we keep doing long balls midweek against Sheff Utd when both Morgan and Ehiogu are good in the air, players with pace or skill with balls to feet like Maynard and Akinde would of been better suited.

With Johnson likely to start with John (according to various reports) he should partner him with Trundle who has still one of our more creative players in recent games, and Williams should be brought into the middle. I don't think Johnson has played badly last few games (and I'm normally a LJ critic) but he dosnt offer as much as Williams going forward and perhaps Sproule should be given another chance. If McAllister was availible id say put Wilson left wing but we have to make do with what we have.

Archived