IGNORED

Shoot For Gods Sake Shoot !

Rowley Birkin

To me it's an obvious City flaw, as time and again they overplay a situation, when the chance arises to get in an effort on goal.

It doesn't seem to register that things they did at a lower level on the ball, cannot be done at this level, you just don't get the chance often to beat a player twice.

Miss an early opportunity and it's gone.

Towards the end of last season at long last we started to score some fantastic goals from outside the box, but this season we've been far too guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net, which to my mind is a massive factor in our lack of goals.

If that half chance arises for God's sake have the cojones to shoot, I'm convinced this is a major City flaw, that can be corrected, starting today !

Come on me babbies !

• Admin
To me it's an obvious City flaw, as time and again they overplay a situation, when the chance arises to get in an effort on goal.

It doesn't seem to register that things they did at a lower level on the ball, cannot be done at this level, you just don't get the chance often to beat a player twice.

Miss an early opportunity and it's gone.

Towards the end of last season at long last we started to score some fantastic goals from outside the box, but this season we've been far too guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net, which to my mind is a massive factor in our lack of goals.

If that half chance arises for God's sake have the cojones to shoot, I'm convinced this is a major City flaw, that can be corrected, starting today !

Come on me babbies !

And the highlighted segment applies equally to wing-play and getting crosses in Mr McIndoe.

Last season many opportunities were fashioned down the left hand side by the two Maccas taking the chance to put an early ball into the box when they received it. Just lately Michael appears to be under the misapprehension that he is not allowed to cross the ball until he has re-beaten the player the original pass had already effectively beaten.

The sooner McIndoe gets back to last season's form the better for our current season.

Archived