IGNORED

Seattle Sounders

bcfc seattle

I'd been putting out feelers to see if my local team here would be interested in hooking up with Bristol City (they have several arrangements with european teams) but it seems they have a link up with get the Yeovil!!!!

Of all the teams Yeovil seems the farthest from my mind.

oh well at least it isn't rovers

http://soundernation.tripod.com/yeovil_town_fc.htm

well they started with a fan trade. Now it sounds like they may loan a player (it was going to be Danny Jackson, English lad from Leeds who came here for college (north Carolina,won a title there) but he blew out his knee, Iwas trying to get City to look at him last year) to Yeovil. But who know if it will come off this year.

(although 3 of our best players just signed on loan in Sweeden)

Sorry to barge in but whilst we've got the US peeps in one place I may as well ask here instead of starting a new thread.

Do you happen to know when the MLS season kicks off next season? I ask because me and the other half are travelling around for a few weeks next year between March 29th and April 12th, including Toronto from start to April 1st, then onto New York until April 9th, then to Boston until April 12th.

We went to see the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden in February just gone and it was a completely surreal experience, amazing arena but the oddest atmosphere ever (and you think AG is quiet!), so this time we wanted to check out "Soccer" or Baseball, but it seems we are there just as the Baseball season ends and Soccer season starts. Quite fancied seeing the New England Revolution if possible.

Sorry to barge in but whilst we've got the US peeps in one place I may as well ask here instead of starting a new thread.

Do you happen to know when the MLS season kicks off next season? I ask because me and the other half are travelling around for a few weeks next year between March 29th and April 12th, including Toronto from start to April 1st, then onto New York until April 9th, then to Boston until April 12th.

We went to see the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden in February just gone and it was a completely surreal experience, amazing arena but the oddest atmosphere ever (and you think AG is quiet!), so this time we wanted to check out "Soccer" or Baseball, but it seems we are there just as the Baseball season ends and Soccer season starts. Quite fancied seeing the New England Revolution if possible.

Lets see MLS starts in Early April. We also have A-League (sort of second Division, no relegation nor promotion, but they have one of the best supported team in Rochester,NY). Hockey can be fun if it is a rivalry game.

Just so you know the Revalution play a bit outside Boston (an hour or so by car).

hope this helps.

hi.

Seattle looks a great place to re locate - especially on one of the islands.

Widbury ? perhaps.

Any hints - my vision of the Seattle area is that its wet and cool, but great sailing and skiing (up in BC).

And of course an up and coming City supporters club...

If your going to Toronto, i really sugest you go to watch The Maple Leafs, surreal experiance and about 10 time the sport that baseball is. In the words of Rodney Trotter its "Silly boy rounders".

I Have never been to an American 'Soccer' game but i have seen the local team Toronto Lynx, that was a good expieriance, and get quite good crowds for quite a poor league.

Guest TB Mutiny

Forget baseball! However if you could find some very inexpensive tickets, some teams will offer a few tickets for about $5, it may be worth the experience to be in a stadium and see a few innings. Just get up and leave like a few in the Williams Stand!

As for MLS, I don't know when the fixture list comes out. But you can check www.mlsnet.com. Most clubs will also train in Florida during February and March in Orlando and Sarasota/Bradenton.

Fond memories of watching Sounders v Tampa Bay Rowdies in the Kingdome, 1982 ... Alan Hudson by far the best player on the pitch but the locals didn't know what to make of him ... the game ended level and went to a shoot-out which TBR won (I think).

Oddly, the loudest cheers were reserved for winning throw-ins! (last World Cup shows they've come on leaps and bounds since then)

Guest TB Mutiny

Yes, indeed great memories of watching Tampa Bay Rowdies and Rodney Marsh. What a parade of stars there were when NY Cosmos was the visiting club: Pele, Becknebaur, Chanaglia, Carlos Alberto, etc.

Archived