IGNORED

Lee Johnson Bashers

The Humble Realist

Johnson may have had a poor game today but getting on his back isnt helping. I admit that at times i think he should have been dropped (and then he hasnt been) but booing him is a disgrace. I think when everyone is fit he is in our best 11, today i have seen him labelled " a league one player at best" and "the worst player in the championship" both comments are absoluly ridiculous. He has contributed far more last season than "fans favorite trundle"(who i actually believe deserves a run in the side) so lets get off his back, yer he played bad today bt lets face it there was 10 other players on the pitch and he wasnt responsible soley for the defeat, if u want LJ out u also want Basso, Wilson, Mccombe, Fontaine, Orr, Sproule(who was aparantly AWFUL today), elliot, mcindoe, John, Maynard,Trundle, Noble, Akinde out.

Any real fan wouldnot boo him off the pitch and make IDIOTIC comments like "hes the worst player in the championship" anyone who makes comments as daft as that isnt a true city fan, they are just clowns who quite frankly we don't want associated with the club, grow up and at the very least be fair on Lee. I'm not even a LJ fan, i think hes "ok" but nowt more, i think he contributes to the team and is a good member of the squad in a similar way to player slike Fontaine, Orr etc or any other city player, yeah sure he aint steven gerrard but u cant say he doesnt put effort in nd as a fan thats all u can ask, I'm not saying lets all sing his praises but lets not single him out.

Johnson may have had a poor game today but getting on his back isnt helping. I admit that at times i think he should have been dropped (and then he hasnt been) but booing him is a disgrace. I think when everyone is fit he is in our best 11, today i have seen him labelled " a league one player at best" and "the worst player in the championship" both comments are absoluly ridiculous. He has contributed far more last season than "fans favorite trundle"(who i actually believe deserves a run in the side) so lets get off his back, yer he played bad today bt lets face it there was 10 other players on the pitch and he wasnt responsible soley for the defeat, if u want LJ out u also want Basso, Wilson, Mccombe, Fontaine, Orr, Sproule(who was aparantly AWFUL today), elliot, mcindoe, John, Maynard,Trundle, Noble, Akinde out.

Any real fan wouldnot boo him off the pitch and make IDIOTIC comments like "hes the worst player in the championship" anyone who makes comments as daft as that isnt a true city fan, they are just clowns who quite frankly we don't want associated with the club, grow up and at the very least be fair on Lee. I'm not even a LJ fan, i think hes "ok" but nowt more, i think he contributes to the team and is a good member of the squad in a similar way to player slike Fontaine, Orr etc or any other city player, yeah sure he aint steven gerrard but u cant say he doesnt put effort in nd as a fan thats all u can ask, I'm not saying lets all sing his praises but lets not single him out.

Spot on Stucks. That was really poor today! I was genuinely embarressed by the reaction.

Any real fan wouldnot boo him off the pitch and make IDIOTIC comments like "hes the worst player in the championship" anyone who makes comments as daft as that isnt a true city fan, they are just clowns who quite frankly we don't want associated with the club, grow up and at the very least be fair on Lee. I'

I couldn't agree more. Everyone who cheered is a disgrace to the club and the when Lee Johnson ran off the pitch by his face you could tell he was upset, and this is going to effect him.

Spot on mate. The idiots who ironically cheered today should feel ashamed. I presume most of them didn't go to Charlton either.

CTID

It doesn't matter he had one good game, if thats the way it is look at his game vs derby.

Not his biggest fan but his bad games seem to out number the good and if we seriously are to challenge for promotion/play offs this season then CM is the one of the places we need to fill along with LB,LM cover and a good attacking midfielder to play next to elliot, how about that howson for example??

Although i'd stick by every player ina city shirt and agree the cheering was harsh....

The only Johnson that should have been singled out (not for abuse by the way) and made accountable for the performance yesterday was GARY who had an utterly appalling day as manager. If managers were judged and "picked" on their last performance then Gary Johnson would be managing the stiffs next week!!!

Yet again the boys didn't seem to be up for it at 3:00pm - I'm sorry Gary but 4:00pm is two goals too late when you play decent sides

Poor tactics (attempting to contain a good side first half who easily spotted it, simply pushed on to us and cut right through us)

Failure to marry the system (4-4-2) with players who can play it or failure to pick the right system for the players he selected

Failure to react when everyone in the ground not wearing red blinkers could see that Reading were driving a bus through our barren midfield

Substitutions made AT LEAST half an hour too late

Unfortunately, nobody was able to put the above points to Gary because he was too busy defending his player who was subject to ironic cheering and abuse when taken off.

The only Johnson that should have been singled out (not for abuse by the way) and made accountable for the performance yesterday was GARY who had an utterly appalling day as manager. If managers were judged and "picked" on their last performance then Gary Johnson would be managing the stiffs next week!!!

Yet again the boys didn't seem to be up for it at 3:00pm - I'm sorry Gary but 4:00pm is two goals too late when you play decent sides

Poor tactics (attempting to contain a good side first half who easily spotted it, simply pushed on to us and cut right through us)

Failure to marry the system (4-4-2) with players who can play it or failure to pick the right system for the players he selected

Failure to react when everyone in the ground not wearing red blinkers could see that Reading were driving a bus through our barren midfield

Substitutions made AT LEAST half an hour too late

Unfortunately, nobody was able to put the above points to Gary because he was too busy defending his player who was subject to ironic cheering and abuse when taken off.

This is only your OPINION though, correct ?

if the lj bashers did clear off then there would be a couple of thousand less on the gate, which would mean less finances, and he would probably be sold anyway. I wont single any one player out, but I will say it again, if you play like they did yesterday, some people are going to get the ar$e with it and start expressing dissatisfaction. If any 1 of 9 of those players were subbed, they might have expected at least some comments to be made based on how poor they were. Even GJ has to admit that if you are getting done 4 nil at home, the supporters tend to get a touch frustrated? If the players don't like it, then play better.

were you even there?

if you were there you would have noticed that he wasn't singled out, Sproule and Maynard also got jeered when subbed, and come the end even a few of the players still on the pitch were getting boo'd with each touch.

Plus, it was just a few people that boo'd him off, we are talking a good couple of thousand people,

Guest Bcfc Mike

Didnt agree with the cheering him off at all..........however i truly think its time he moved on.....he has nothing in his game to offer a side trying to reach the prem.

And that roar yesterday was not made by a few thousand, that was at least half the ground from every stand.......

So surely it cant be all those people wrong??

were you even there?

if you were there you would have noticed that he wasn't singled out, Sproule and Maynard also got jeered when subbed, and come the end even a few of the players still on the pitch were getting boo'd with each touch.

Plus, it was just a few people that boo'd him off, we are talking a good couple of thousand people,

If it was only a few my god it was loud, a shame they did not put that passion into getting behind the lads. I have never heard a cheer like that not even when Ian Baird played for us. :disapointed2se:

When talking to football fans, both supporters of City and other Clubs, most make comments/ jests about LJ being undroppable and un-subbable (Sorry - Made up word!). The GJ ethos means no egos and no favours, and yet LJ seems immune to that, despite the fact that he is not some top quality match-winner. When things are not going so well, these frustrations will surface, as they did yesterday. It will always happen with father managing son (Remember John & Kevin Bond?), the fans made their point (Not very tastefully), GJ has made his, now it's time for all to reflect and move on. Squabbling and abusing other fans does not help, we all have our opinion of LJ (Mine is that he is a squad player at this level), but we have to get behind the team, and not undermine any players confidence, regardless of perceived injustices/ nepotism. It might help his game if we had even a modicum of quality on the right, and McIndoe not continually drifting in, it's hard to do much more than a short pass or a hoof to Dele in those circumstances. We are not doing as well as last season, but who realistically expected us to repeat that? Before talking about the Prem, look downwards, we are not that far from 22nd place, and lose the next 2, and it will look horribly close.

And look on the bright side, GJ did not sub McIndoe - If he had held up the number 11, the whole team might have walked off!!! (Old joke, I know)

Archived