IGNORED

Premier Class?

And Its Smith

Teams that get promoted to the Premier League will buy 5-10 players once promoted. Of these players around 4-6 will then make up their first choice XI along with 5-7 of the players that got the team promoted in the first place. The rest of the team that got promotion make up the squad.

So, with this thinking, in order to get promoted you need 5-7 players in your team already that are Premier League class. I would suggest that the following in our team are this:

Basso - YES

Orr - NO

McAllister - NO

Carey/McCombe - NO

Fontaine - YES

Sproule/Williams - NO

Elliott - YES

Johnson - NO

All strikers - NO

McIndoe - NO

So thats 3 players in my opinion. Meaning we are at least 2 but probably 3-4 Premier League class players away from getting there.

Thus, should we be happy with mid table this season and looking to continuously build the team up making 1/2 big purchases per summer.

I think this is the best we can hope for at the moment.

not sure about u rating fontaine as prem class and carey not, personally i think both would struggle but if anyone could make step up it would be Louis

I know what you mean and thought someone would pick up on that but I think Carey might be done for pace at times and Fontaine is a lot younger. McCombe in the Prem would be funny as hell!

What makes me laugh are the guys who come in here saying we can go up next year or the year after, Why do they assume City will have a team to compete then?

Its a fact we will probably never get to the prem in the next 10 years, last season was a chance in a life time and GJ and SL let it slip away by not adding a couple of loan signings in the run in, this year we are miles away...

It simply wont happen unless anyone on here knows an arab bloke or a russian who fancies taking us on,

Guest Bcfc Mike

Its a fact we will probably never get to the prem in the next 10 years, last season was a chance in a life time and GJ and SL let it slip away by not adding a couple of loan signings in the run in, this year we are miles away...

Very very true!!!

What makes me laugh are the guys who come in here saying we can go up next year or the year after, Why do they assume City will have a team to compete then?

Its a fact we will probably (not a fact then!)never get to the prem in the next 10 years, last season was a chance in a life time and GJ and SL let it slip away by not adding a couple of loan signings in the run in, this year we are miles away...

It simply wont happen unless anyone on here knows an arab bloke or a russian who fancies taking us on,

if you truely believe that why bother? surely if you don't think we can achieve anything there is no point in wasting £500 on a season ticket?

i mean come on. what else do you want? we have a great chairman willing to give sufficient funds, arguably the best manager outside the prem, a squad that has a blend of exceptional experienced pro's and highly rated young players, plans for a new stadium, a brand new training facility and a successful youth team!

we are on the up... when GJ asks for patience he doesnt mean a complete lack of confidence. and yet i'm sure you join in for one song a game... and i bet its about belief!!!!

i must say ive noticed your postings become more frequent when we lose!! :P

i am confident that city will pay Premier League football in the next 10 years... in fact unless SL buggers things up and sacks GJ id say the next 5 years !!!

We played a team who had about 8-9 players of Premier League class and the rest top drawer championsip quality.

and we got turned over with only 3 players of "potential" Premier League ability.

Then we went crazy and suddenly everything's wrong...

I just thought we got beaten by a better team of better players who realistically we can't compete with yet!

if you truely believe that why bother? surely if you don't think we can achieve anything there is no point in wasting £500 on a season ticket?

i mean come on. what else do you want? we have a great chairman willing to give sufficient funds, arguably the best manager outside the prem, a squad that has a blend of exceptional experienced pro's and highly rated young players, plans for a new stadium, a brand new training facility and a successful youth team!

we are on the up... when GJ asks for patience he doesnt mean a complete lack of confidence. and yet i'm sure you join in for one song a game... and i bet its about belief!!!!

i must say ive noticed your postings become more frequent when we lose!! :P

i am confident that city will pay Premier League football in the next 10 years... in fact unless SL buggers things up and sacks GJ id say the next 5 years !!!

Well tanzley you need to keep up if you want to answer my post,

The reason behind my post here is, in here you keep hearing guys say they are happy with mid table and go for it next year, my response to that is quite clear........how can you wait for next season or the season after that, every team coming down gets baloon payments and when you consider that most teams that come down don't go straight back up means quite simply this division gets harder by the season, so the moral of the story is, we need to build right now and go for it if thats the goal that Mr lansdown quite clearly states in his editorials and while we still have the basis of a good team, my gripe is with Gj who continues to talk up the prem stuff but then continues to keep faith with a team that is simply not good enough, thats is the fact of the matter.......even if you don't like me pointing out the bloody obvious........

If you include potential then we should be having a good crack at promotion, IMO we only need to strengthen mid field (please bring in watson!!) and get some cover for left side because if the Mc's are out of form we have no options.

Basso & Weale - both have all the attributes - so YES

Orr - Only his final delivery has let him down so far this season, he'll get back to last seasons form - so YES

Carey - Great leadership but only one way for him now - so iffy

Mccombe & McAllister - Have very good days or very bad days but if they can cut out some of the bad ones - YES

Fontaine - YES

Wilson - Excellent squad player, hopefully he stays on the right side from now on - YES

Sproule - Pace and passion, fine tune his targeting and maybe - iffy

Williams - undecided

Elliott - YES

Johnson - good quality but unfortunately not strong enough in tough games - very iffy

Noble - talent wow but fitting into team difficult - iffy

McIndoe - YES

Adebola - NO

Trundle - If we play to his strengths and let him take some free kicks then good enough to get us up and be in squad - so YES

Maynard - Alot more to see I hope, benefit of doubt - YES

Akinde - Undecided

Brooker - NO

So i believe we have almost enough to get us up and will only need 3 or 4 additions with Premier League experience when we get there to stay there in - CB, CM and STR

If you include potential then we should be having a good crack at promotion, IMO we only need to strengthen mid field (please bring in watson!!) and get some cover for left side because if the Mc's are out of form we have no options.

Basso & Weale - both have all the attributes - so YES

Orr - Only his final delivery has let him down so far this season, he'll get back to last seasons form - so YES

Carey - Great leadership but only one way for him now - so iffy

Mccombe & McAllister - Have very good days or very bad days but if they can cut out some of the bad ones - YES

Fontaine - YES

Wilson - Excellent squad player, hopefully he stays on the right side from now on - YES

Sproule - Pace and passion, fine tune his targeting and maybe - iffy

Williams - undecided

Elliott - YES

Johnson - good quality but unfortunately not strong enough in tough games - very iffy

Noble - talent wow but fitting into team difficult - iffy

McIndoe - YES

Adebola - NO

Trundle - If we play to his strengths and let him take some free kicks then good enough to get us up and be in squad - so YES

Maynard - Alot more to see I hope, benefit of doubt - YES

Akinde - Undecided

Brooker - NO

So i believe we have almost enough to get us up and will only need 3 or 4 additions with Premier League experience when we get there to stay there in - CB, CM and STR

I find it staggering that you think McCombe, McAllister, Trundle and McIndoe are good enough for the Premier League.

This made me chuckle. We need at least 3 or 4 at the moment to get us in a position where we can challenge for the play-offs. How will 3 or 4 premier league rejects added to what we have now make us good enough to stay in the Premier league when we are a mid table championship side at best?

Teams that get promoted to the Premier League will buy 5-10 players once promoted. Of these players around 4-6 will then make up their first choice XI along with 5-7 of the players that got the team promoted in the first place. The rest of the team that got promotion make up the squad.

So, with this thinking, in order to get promoted you need 5-7 players in your team already that are Premier League class. I would suggest that the following in our team are this:

Basso - YES

Orr - NO

McAllister - NO

Carey/McCombe - NO

Fontaine - YES

Sproule/Williams - NO

Elliott - YES

Johnson - NO

All strikers - NO

McIndoe - NO

So thats 3 players in my opinion. Meaning we are at least 2 but probably 3-4 Premier League class players away from getting there.

Thus, should we be happy with mid table this season and looking to continuously build the team up making 1/2 big purchases per summer.

I think this is the best we can hope for at the moment.

You rate fontaine as Premier League standard not sure where you were at the reading game.

Guest LJ is our King
I find it staggering that you think McCombe, McAllister, Trundle and McIndoe are good enough for the Premier League.

mcindoe at his best is good enough, but on his off days he isn't

Archived