IGNORED

Reality Check

SUPER REDS

After last season when no team ran away with the league,I feel this season is going to be diferent with Birmingham,Reading,probably are going to take top two positions,as G.J. has siad it is like Premier 2 and with the parachute payments its dificult to keep up with them,but G.J. has assembled a good squad and we have spent a lot of money for us,the chairman has siad the club has to be self supportive and with average gates of 16,000 then we are probably got not a lot of more money to spend.Hopefully if we can play 100% from each player,and top of there game still could get a play off place.But personally I am still happy with consolidating ourselves in the Championship it is only our second season.

After last season when no team ran away with the league,I feel this season is going to be diferent with Birmingham,Reading,probably are going to take top two positions,as G.J. has siad it is like Premier 2 and with the parachute payments its dificult to keep up with them,but G.J. has assembled a good squad and we have spent a lot of money for us,the chairman has siad the club has to be self supportive and with average gates of 16,000 then we are probably got not a lot of more money to spend.Hopefully if we can play 100% from each player,and top of there game still could get a play off place.But personally I am still happy with consolidating ourselves in the Championship it is only our second season.

YEAH THATS A GOOD SHOUT MATE :ranting:

..........of course we can always until the year after or after that or after that or after that or what about he year after that.........WAKE UP..........

Baloon payments every season for teams coming down, so we will never compete...........We need to add quality if we want to go up........or whats the point in watching if we are happy with win 1 lose 1...........just aswell take up bloody golf........... :disapointed2se:

OK so where are all these millions going to come from,as I siad before the chairman has stated the club has to be self sufficent and with 16,000 attendances I would not of thought that leaves a lot of extra money,Alan Dicks took 9 years to form a side capable of promotion City fans want instance success it does not work like that,we have a good squad still could be capable of promotion but if takes us several seasons then we have to go with it.

Baloon payments every season for teams coming down, so we will never compete...........We need to add quality if we want to go up........or whats the point in watching if we are happy with win 1 lose 1...........just aswell take up bloody golf........... :disapointed2se:

if it's not Gary's fault that we are not strong enough, whose is it then?

the simple fact is that we have an OK squad, but we have the serious weaknesses in our team that haven't been addressed.

Still No Cover at Left Back, which was a position we all knew needed improving. (wilson was never going to be the answer there)

Still No Quality on the Right Wing (and with everyone who has played their not doing anything Special, Murray is still left at Cheltenham)

Still No Creative Central Midfielder which was obvious last season and has not been replaced since Carle Left.

I do not blame GJ. I blame the bloke who buys the players, releases players, Sells players to our competitor, trains the players, picks the team, dictates the tactics, make, or not make, the substitutions, gives pre-match team talks, half time talks, then the post match excuses. That's the bloke I blame.

Guest LJ is our King
if it's not Gary's fault that we are not strong enough, whose is it then?

the simple fact is that we have an OK squad, but we have the serious weaknesses in our team that haven't been addressed.

Still No Cover at Left Back, which was a position we all knew needed improving. (wilson was never going to be the answer there)

Still No Quality on the Right Wing (and with everyone who has played their not doing anything Special, Murray is still left at Cheltenham)

Still No Creative Central Midfielder which was obvious last season and has not been replaced since Carle Left.

what did carle create, and i mean really create not just a simple pass or header that anyone on the pitch could have done

Guest LJ is our King
well if "anyone could do it" why doesn't Lee Johnson?

ironically, something he is doing at Palace.

if carle is so great and LJ is so crap why is carle playing for a team in the bottom half and LJ playing for a team in the top half? if carle has created so many chances and scored so many goals for palace why aren't they top?

if carle is so great and LJ is so crap why is carle playing for a team in the bottom half and LJ playing for a team in the top half? if carle has created so many chances and scored so many goals for palace why aren't they top?

considering there is 4 points between the 2 teams after 15 games and that only goal difference is keeping us a top half team, i don't think any comparisons between the relevant teams are worthwhile

ironically, I think there isn't much difference between us and palace, both have fairly good keepers and defence, but they have a VERY good midfield, but poor strikers, where as we have a poor midfield and good strikers.

Guest LJ is our King
considering there is 4 points between the 2 teams after 15 games and that only goal difference is keeping us a top half team, i don't think any comparisons between the relevant teams are worthwhile

ironically, I think there isn't much difference between us and palace, both have fairly good keepers and defence, but they have a VERY good midfield, but poor strikers, where as we have a poor midfield and good strikers.

finally we agree on something, palace's midfield is good (with one exception) e.g. even i as an LJ fan would have watson over LJ because watson is the better player, however i don't think carle is better than LJ i think there incomparable because they do completely different jobs. that is just my opinion though and i respect your right to have a different opinion, we may have to agree to disagree

I am presuming from this bizzare post that you never watched Carle play.The diffence was Carle tackled players and won possession and never stopped running as opposed to Lee Johnson who can't tackle and won't tackle but relies on others to do the hard work.The other difference is of course however Lee Johnson plays he knows he will be selected, which in any sport is ludicrous and almost always guarantees a lack of improvement.

Guest LJ is our King
I am presuming from this bizzare post that you never watched Carle play.The diffence was Carle tackled players and won possession and never stopped running as opposed to Lee Johnson who can't tackle and won't tackle but relies on others to do the hard work.The other difference is of course however Lee Johnson plays he knows he will be selected, which in any sport is ludicrous and almost always guarantees a lack of improvement.

so your accusing gj of nepotism? you might as well call for his resignation now. i have actually said that i don't reckon carle is a bad player i just think his abilities have been blown out of proportion

redrebel, an excellent comparative analysis between Carle and Johnson in midfield. We desperately needed a player like Nick Carle in midfield in the first half against Reading - no doubt about that. We were over run in midfield until Noble came on for Johnson to provide some solidity with Elliott.

I do not blame GJ. I blame the bloke who buys the players, releases players, Sells players to our competitor, trains the players, picks the team, dictates the tactics, make, or not make, the substitutions, gives pre-match team talks, half time talks, then the post match excuses. That's the bloke I blame.

The same bloke that took us from bottom of league 1 to the play off final for the Premier League. I mean he is doing such an awful job as we are a massive four points off the play offs.

what did carle create, and i mean really create not just a simple pass or header that anyone on the pitch could have done

Just the way he played made us a FAR better side, he KEPT the ball mate, don't you understand that that is how you win games. He frustrated the opposition by keeping the ball and playing neat triangles and one two's, this leads to other players being able to get forward and create openings.

"ANYONE", as you say cannot do that, or we would be doing it now. :dunno:

Guest LJ is our King
Just the way he played made us a FAR better side, he KEPT the ball mate, don't you understand that that is how you win games. He frustrated the opposition by keeping the ball and playing neat triangles and one two's, this leads to other players being able to get forward and create openings.

"ANYONE", as you say cannot do that, or we would be doing it now. :dunno:

i've already expressed my opinions on carle and taken on other people's opinions and my rating of carle has improved slightly, i would agree with you that he can keep possession, i just thought that for an attacking midfielder he didn't score or create many, perhaps if we'd kept him he would have improved for us this season, we won't find out now wether that is to our benefit or our detriment is yet to be seen

Archived