IGNORED

What's Happened To Us?

Ryskip

No I'm not talking about the management, players, team or board but the FANS!

Last season was our return to the place where many of us feel we belong despite best part of 10 years in the league below. We had the most unbelievable season considering most of us would have settled with survival, we created an atmosphere that I for one have never heard at the gate before, it was a real one for all and all for one attitude throughout the club. We created the 'Johnson says' and 'always believe chants' and I for one have never been so proud to call myself a City fan.

Compare this to this season, have we all stsrted to believe our own hype? Moaning that we aren't competeing with the like of Birmingham, Wolves and Reading, Moaning that certain players aren't hitting the back of the net every time they play, moaning that others are playing when we feel that they shouldn't, cheering when one of our own is subbed! Where has all the negativity come from? Our team is built on work ethic and yet we the fans seem to want everything for nothing? Perhaps we're all suffering from second season syndrome, thinking we're some big time Charlie's because we were one game away from the Prem!

Don't get me wrong yesterday some of the performances were clearly not up to standard but don't forget it was these same players and management that gave us these incredibly high standards!!

What has happened to Johnson says get behind the team?

Mate, its a cruel problem of having success.

Promotion and a play off final brought a "we can win this league" mentality. WE are streets behind the likes of Brum and Reading with their resources and teams like Wolves have been mid table and building season after season.

Progress takes a long time. I much prefer the fact that we are in the Championship now than when we lost to Brighton as we were not ready then. We are not ready for the Prem now, and if it takes 2/3/4 seasons of building - then thats what I want.

I don't care what anyone says, but if we finish in the top 12 of this division, with the teams that are in it this year - it will be a success. We are going in the right direction, but it does not happen overnight.

Mate, its a cruel problem of having success.

Promotion and a play off final brought a "we can win this league" mentality. WE are streets behind the likes of Brum and Reading with their resources and teams like Wolves have been mid table and building season after season.

Progress takes a long time. I much prefer the fact that we are in the Championship now than when we lost to Brighton as we were not ready then. We are not ready for the Prem now, and if it takes 2/3/4 seasons of building - then thats what I want.

I don't care what anyone says, but if we finish in the top 12 of this division, with the teams that are in it this year - it will be a success. We are going in the right direction, but it does not happen overnight.

Very well said I just really hope the moaners calling for LJ's head and questioning GJ's decissions don't cost us that progression!! Remember, it wasn't so long ago we lost to Luton at home!

Archived