IGNORED

For What Its Worth

kachina

Firstly I was disgusted by the substitution response yesterday, in many years of being a season ticket holder I have never seen anything like it and those who cheered and jeered need to take a realistic look in the mirror.

I am no Lee Johnson fan and I do think a run in the reserves gaining confidence and returning to form will do him good, but all yesterday's actions will do is make the lad feel absolutely gutted and unwanted. I would not be surprised if he handed in a transfer request. The end of the day Johnson realised he had a bad game and substituted him, he didn't need his nose rubbed in it. Look at the stats on the website, Lee is one of the highest on the performance charts, stats don't lie.

Secondly it was some poor tactical decisions yesterday but Johnson will make sure the team that lines up next Saturday on sky are the right eleven.

Last season gave alot of our fans the opinion we are better than we are and anything less than promotion would be deemed as disappointment by a lot of our fans. Whilst our manager and chairman wanted Premier League football next season, we're a long way from it, but its not about complaining or having a go at our team its about supporting them and ralleying the troops.

I made my mind up about Maynard a while ago and think he is struggling to adapt, we have two options, either try and continue with him or do the logical thing and leave him on the bench and use him if we need him, Trundle and Dele or Trundle and John is so much more logical response for it and both players have the ability to work well, personally I would love to see Trundle on the left wing and try and feed Maynard in, as in my opinion Trundle is the only technically able player to play to Maynards strengths. Now I know this would mean dropping McIndoe, but is that really a bad thing. I would also like to see Murray return down the right.

Now for me at Southampton, we should look at the following option

Basso

Fontaine Mccombe Webster Orr

Trundle Elliot Johnson / Noble Sproule / Murray / Wilson

Dele Maynard

---

I think we need to get behind our team and manager at present and not get on players backs, it achieves nothing.

If we realistically want to chase the playoffs, in January we need a solid couple of Defenders, one right, one left and one strong central midfielder and a versatile winger.

There is nothing wrong with our striking options, we just need to play to their strengths.

Also next Saturday, I would give Trundle the captain's armband, he is a natural born leader.

Archived