IGNORED

Enough! Time To Go Lj.

Radstock Red

Things are getting silly regarding Lee playing under his ol' man.

Rightly or wrongly some say LJ gets stick from the fans, If i was him i would want to move.

IMO its starting to get harmful for OUR club.

The players on the pitch and the fans in the stands need to be together-This situation is tearing us apart!

Lee has to go, For his & Our sake!

The divide in the stands has been there for every one to see for a long time, and now seems to be effecting the players and the manager.

The time has come to draw a line under the whole Lee Johnson debate, and for him to move on to bring the club back together again.

I for one can't see the debate fading away, but only getting worse over time.

Yeah Gary Johnson! It's about time that you realized that certain people on this forum know a lot more about football and management than you!

Gary do you honestly think that experience at international management, numerous promotions and a play-off final last year counts for anything!?

It's time for you to accept that some people on here might have made left back in their school team once and quite frankly you should learn from them!

other players have been performing alot worse this season. Gimps like you just on a witch hunt!

Keep insulting me all you like , you Eastend warrior. :handbags:

Must have been based on the Charlton game then, eh?

Both of you are jumping to the conclusion that i feel i move away is based on Purely LJ performances.

Yeah Gary Johnson! It's about time that you realized that certain people on this forum know a lot more about football and management than you!

Gary do you honestly think that experience at international management, numerous promotions and a play-off final last year counts for anything!?

It's time for you to accept that some people on here might have made left back in their school team once and quite frankly you should learn from them!

You're right, but it works both ways. He brought in Calvin Andrew, Bas Savage, Andy Smith and James Quinn as strikers...

The crowd knew they were utter garbage, yet GJ brought them in, with his superior judgement.

His judgment got us promoted - simple as really.

AND cemented us as a top half Championship side

AND got us to within one game of the premier league

AND playing fantastic football.

Things may not be going well at the moment, but by going by what he's done for us and in his managerial career, he is clearly a winner and I'll back GJ judgement every time!!

You're right, but it works both ways. He brought in Calvin Andrew, Bas Savage, Andy Smith and James Quinn as strikers...

The crowd knew they were utter garbage, yet GJ brought them in, with his superior judgement.

Is that the best you could come up with?

So on the plus side GJ has delivered us promotion, a top six finish in his first season in the Championship and a mid table start to this season. On the down side some of his short-term striker signings were a bit dodgy.

What was the longest contract GJ gave the players named above?

Is that the best you could come up with?

So on the plus side GJ has delivered us promotion, a top six finish in his first season in the Championship and a mid table start to this season. On the down side some of his short-term striker signings were a bit dodgy.

What was the longest contract GJ gave the players named above?

I'm referring to his player selection, not his credentials.

The crowd in many cases think they know everything, but in reality know very little.

The players mentioned did a job for us at the time.

The end result was that we were promoted.

I would prefer to back GJ's judgement, as his record is far superior to anyone I have spoken to in the crowd, or who has posted on here.

I'm referring to his player selection, not his credentials.

Surely his credentials are based entirely on his player selections. The team that we have now is based on players he selected from outside the club or players he selected as worth keeping from our poor excuse of a league one squad when he arrived.

Surely his credentials are based entirely on his player selections. The team that we have now is based on players he selected from outside the club or players he selected as worth keeping from our poor excuse of a league one squad when he arrived.

Yeh but he can still have a good squad with some stinkers within.

Look at Sproule as an example, majority on here hate the bloke now, cant say he's been a good purchase, and it doesnt make GJ a bad manager.

Yeh but he can still have a good squad with some stinkers within.

Look at Sproule as an example, majority on here hate the bloke now, cant say he's been a good purchase, and it doesnt make GJ a bad manager.

I agree you can have a good squad with a few stinkers in but it is very difficult to hide them in the team.

Sproule is a strange example to use as GJ seems to be in agreement with the fans that he is towards the bottom of our squad now, with several players being given a chance ahead of him.

Whatever your personal opinion of LJ he is not Anthony Pulis. He is not picking up a free contract from our club only because his father can convince the chairman to give him a contract. He's been a virtual ever present in a team that has delivered far more than any reasonable fan could expect of them.

Anyone who thinks any manager could take a team from the bottom of league one to the top of the championship with ten good players and a random family member in the middle of midfield just doesn't know football.

I don't know about this one. The question for me is 'If Lee was not Garys son would there be this debate about him?' and I see the answer as no. The question then is 'should we let one of our best players go because he is the managers son?' - again no. However, the situation at the moment is not great and something does need to be done, because I cant see it getting any better either. Unfortunally I think Lee will move on at some point because of the situation as some fans just don't look like they will change their view on him - which I think will be a sad day for the club as we will lose a top player because of it.

I don't know about this one. The question for me is 'If Lee was not Garys son would there be this debate about him?' and I see the answer as no. The question then is 'should we let one of our best players go because he is the managers son?' - again no. However, the situation at the moment is not great and something does need to be done, because I cant see it getting any better either. Unfortunally I think Lee will move on at some point because of the situation as some fans just don't look like they will change their view on him - which I think will be a sad day for the club as we will lose a top player because of it.

I think there is another way for this to be resolved. GJ signed Carle and more recently tried to sign Howard. In the next couple of transfer windows we will sign another attacking midfielder. Lee will then not be guaranteed his place.

If we do have a problem at the moment it is that Lee has no real competition for his position. If Noble could stay fit for a few weeks, if Sproule could offer any sort of form letting Williams play in the middle, if Wilson didn't have to cover four other positions we might have a suitable alternative. But until then hounding Lee out of the club is trying to get rid of one of our four best midfielders. That seems pretty daft to me.

Archived