IGNORED

Gary Johnson

DOLMANDAN

and of course Rovers fans have never done this, or called for Trollope out, Dunford out, the Chairman out,even Lambert out, or your own fans turning their backs to the pitch while the game is on because you are playing so shite, you gas fans always seem to be so very selective in what you remember, the fact is in my 40 years of supporting City we let it known that we do not accept mediocrity, Bristol is to big a city for that and while poxy Towns (Bolton,Wigan,Hull,Portsmouth and many more) not half the size of our fair City can make it to the Prem then why shouldnt we expect that,in all my time supporting City the difference between us and you has always been the same its why we have spent so many more years than you in the top 2 divisions why you have languished nearly your entire existence in the third tier happy to see your chairmen/directors stitch you up for every penny they can, its called ambition my friend, enjoy the rest of your life watching the likes of Cheltenham,Southend, Bury etc.

I'm a City fan through and through. I'm just very dissapointed at the reaction of some of the so called 'fans' on Saturday. yeahs we weren't that good but booing your own players never has and never will have any benefit to the team.

Basically then, you choose to spend your Tuesdays and Saturdays amongst people expecting and then accepting mediocrity.

I like to spend mine amongst those who want to see improvement and achievement.

Each to his own I suppose.

I don't enjoy mediocrity and it's frustrating that succesive generations of Rovers Directors have seemed to be happy with it. As you say, a majority of fans are lethargic and accept the status quo with a strange type of stoicism. For me following Rovers is a challenge, it's difficult to fathom what the attraction is when in personal & business life I strive for excellence. Maybe it's because football is a recreation and whilst others play golf or go to the movies I simply get enjoyment from the exploits of Biggs, Warboys, Holloway, Lambert & Co.

City to me have always seemed to have a meaner streak than Rovers and this has helped them to achieve more in terms of league status. As Red Goblin says, you have had two periods in the top league and you want to get back there.

The point I am making is that you have a Chairman who has achieved outstanding success in his field. He has made his objectives for City clear and has demonstrated his faith in GJ. City fans want improvement and achievement and have a right to criticise constructively. But to me the treatment of GJ and his son show that mean streak in a most negative way.

I guess that's why for all their faults I follow Rovers for fun and recreation and leave my mean streak to use against my business competition.

I was told once the difference between watching City & Rovers was like going to a wedding at Eastville and attending a funeral when going to Ashton Gate.

That made me laugh.

Isnt it funny how they both screw your life though? :whistle:

I don't enjoy mediocrity and it's frustrating that succesive generations of Rovers Directors have seemed to be happy with it. As you say, a majority of fans are lethargic and accept the status quo with a strange type of stoicism. For me following Rovers is a challenge, it's difficult to fathom what the attraction is when in personal & business life I strive for excellence. Maybe it's because football is a recreation and whilst others play golf or go to the movies I simply get enjoyment from the exploits of Biggs, Warboys, Holloway, Lambert & Co.

City to me have always seemed to have a meaner streak than Rovers and this has helped them to achieve more in terms of league status. As Red Goblin says, you have had two periods in the top league and you want to get back there.

The point I am making is that you have a Chairman who has achieved outstanding success in his field. He has made his objectives for City clear and has demonstrated his faith in GJ. City fans want improvement and achievement and have a right to criticise constructively. But to me the treatment of GJ and his son show that mean streak in a most negative way.

I guess that's why for all their faults I follow Rovers for fun and recreation and leave my mean streak to use against my business competition.

Some very good points made there especially the piece in bold.

I have never been able to fathom why some 'fans' have to be so negative or just too damn unreasonable in their demands from the club, and its one of the few things that really annoys me about the club I love. SL has done so much for this club under his tenure, but even he must be starting to think whats the point, if there will always be 'fans' undermining the team, no matter what we have achieved.

You were once a City supporter, come back all is forgiven. :farmer: As a lay pyschologist (a gobshite) I'd say that your City Superego is failing to control your Id leading to your sociopathic Gas supporting tendencies. Come back to us and be a happy well balanced individual again. :tongue:

God can people give Maynard a chance!

After 3 and a bit months to say he was a poor signing is pathetic.

Not only that, but Maynard was first-named on a lot of the 'experts' target lists in the summer, and when Johnson signed him they were creaming themselves with delight. Amazing how short their memories are.

That made me laugh.

Isnt it funny how they both screw your life though? :whistle:

Some very good points made there especially the piece in bold.

I have never been able to fathom why some 'fans' have to be so negative or just too damn unreasonable in their demands from the club, and its one of the few things that really annoys me about the club I love. SL has done so much for this club under his tenure, but even he must be starting to think whats the point, if there will always be 'fans' undermining the team, no matter what we have achieved.

We may just have done things in the wrong order. Had we finished one place above relagation last year our position now would look very different to some of us I suspect. Progress is rarely a straight line though.

Here here.

I was miserable as sin to walk out of The Gate on Saturday with the result as it was. However, working in London, I have spent years defending City as a team. Johnson is one of the best things to happen to the club.

While it is frustrating to lose like we did against Reading, Johnson's unique approach to sourcing new players from 'elsewhere' means that we are able to surprise teams, without the forewarning that you get from shipping in a Premier League big name. Furthermore, the Championship is a very different place to the Premier League and there would be no guarantee that any former Prem superstar could deliver the goods in the Champ.

It was the team that had a mare on Saturday and GJ will have to sort it out. But it's the not the first time he's had to talk the players round........ and you watch, next weekend, we'll be back to our best.....

Whereas i am aware that this forum and the radio are mediums to express opinons and thoughts .I find it very hard to comprehend that some City "supporters"find the need to call for the manager to be sacked after the Reading game .

Yes we were all disappointed but what a over reaction.Particulary after what Gary has done for this club since he became our manager.To all you Johnson knockers i ask you Do you think he is not as disappointed if not even more than we are?

Always believe CTID

For me the inability to man manage big names in and around our club is Gary's main weakness.

I remember someone posted a comment on here about how Sir Alex Fergusson love him or hate him has the ability to get the rotten eggs and set them straight and bring out decent performances from them. The example this season being Berbatov. Sir Alex must have a way of dealing with the players with big egos and then gain their respect.

If Gary can do this then the question has to be asked then why are we not attracting big signings to the club?

Archived