IGNORED

Our Academy

bobobalde

keep hearing frankie artus ,tristan plumber when will GJ start blooding our own stock ???

no good to keep raving about a excellent academy if they are not given the chance?

they will all end up like rosenior jnr

the only one that looks like making the step up is J Wilson all the other youngsters have struggled to make an impression when sent out on Loan

the only one that looks like making the step up is J Wilson all the other youngsters have struggled to make an impression when sent out on Loan

Spot on.

They went to League TWO sides, remember?

Artus played 15 minutes league football at Brentford in two months, Plummer made not a single league start at Luton in the same period.

If they can't get in League Two sides who seriously thinks that they are worth a go at Championship level?

Spot on.

They went to League TWO sides, remember?

Artus played 15 minutes league football at Brentford in two months, Plummer made not a single league start at Luton in the same period.

If they can't get in League Two sides who seriously thinks that they are worth a go at Championship level?

Wilson played 16 full games in three months and was only in a losing side three times he has recieved rave reviews from all at Brentford and they are keen to have him back in January according to there forum and the local papers,

I wonder if he will get a chance back at City and replace Webster on the bench

Guest LJ is our King
Wilson played 16 full games in three months and was only in a losing side three times he has recieved rave reviews from all at Brentford and they are keen to have him back in January according to there forum and the local papers,

I wonder if he will get a chance back at City and replace Webster on the bench

it would be brilliant if he did, we need to start giving our young players a chance, the problem is we can only afford to do that in cup games and the last time we did that look what happened

it would be brilliant if he did, we need to start giving our young players a chance, the problem is we can only afford to do that in cup games and the last time we did that look what happened

Who,s to say that if ribs had played to the best of his ability he would not have replaced Brad in the next lg game surely if the youngsters are good enough they should play,

Having seen webster play a couple of times there can not be any risk in putting Wilson on the bench at least if not why did we not let him stay playing in lg 2

Guest LJ is our King
Who,s to say that if ribs had played to the best of his ability he would not have replaced Brad in the next lg game surely if the youngsters are good enough they should play,

Having seen webster play a couple of times there can not be any risk in putting Wilson on the bench at least if not why did we not let him stay playing in lg 2

i agree ribs probably would have replaced brad, wether wilson can or will replace webster is another matter because obviously they are different players , i'm sure if GJ thinks wilson can do it he will put him on the bench asap

keep hearing frankie artus ,tristan plumber when will GJ start blooding our own stock ???

no good to keep raving about a excellent academy if they are not given the chance?

they will all end up like rosenior jnr

Rumour is, a few younger lads are being looked at by big prem' clubs.

Meh we've just moved up a level.

Instead of producing players capable of surviving in league 1..we now have to produce players capable of hitting the ground running and performing in the championship. Huge huge difference. But we're now in a position to attract/retain better young players too making this hopefully much easier.

The next time we get a Lita or a Cotterill or a Rosenior through (Ribeiro if reputation is anything to go by) we can most probably keep them a few years.

Instead of producing players capable of surviving in league 1..we now have to produce players capable of hitting the ground running and performing in the championship. Huge huge difference. But we're now in a position to attract/retain better young players too making this hopefully much easier.

The next time we get a Lita or a Cotterill or a Rosenior through (Ribeiro if reputation is anything to go by) we can most probably keep them a few years.

This is pretty much what Steve said at the open day. He was diplomatic but made it pretty clear the Academy has to raise its game.

Guest ashtonyate

When I was having my debates about the Academy a few years ago I was being told that now we had an Academy all the local talent was coming to us.

I said at the time the players we were getting had already been vetted by the big clubs and not taken on by them and we were left with these players.

So I was right if what you are saying that now we are picking up better players because we are in the Championship and begs the question if you have players from the start how the hell do you know what division you will be in ten years from now

When I was having my debates about the Academy a few years ago I was being told that now we had an Academy all the local talent was coming to us. By who?

I said at the time the players we were getting had already been vetted by the big clubs and not taken on by them and we were left with these players. Who didn't?

So I was right if what you are saying that now we are picking up better players because we are in the Championship and begs the question if you have players from the start how the hell do you know what division you will be in ten years from now

As we're seeing with Southamptons production line! The kids won't move clubs once they're developing, but you need the reputation/ability to attract them in the first place.

We've stepped up effectively making (sorry guys) people like JMW and Artus irrelevant to our team, but now we get a better choice of talent (hopefully) and can keep the good ones.

Guest ashtonyate
As we're seeing with Southamptons production line! The kids won't move clubs once they're developing, but you need the reputation/ability to attract them in the first place.

We've stepped up effectively making (sorry guys) people like JMW and Artus irrelevant to our team, but now we get a better choice of talent (hopefully) and can keep the good ones.

The trouble is with the Academy is its always jam tomorrow I would like to see some today.We must have the worst Academy in the Country for players making it too the first team.

Archived