IGNORED

"anyone Can Be Wise In Hindsight And Pick A Team"

Redhyde

Anytime we go 4-4-2 against a team who are undoubtedly better than us we lose very badly. So stop doing it! 5 times this season we've hit good teams in form and been battered. We've come away fromt hese 5 games (Wolves, Sheff United, Birmingham, Reading) 11-2 down on aggregate with 1 point where we played restrictive football to a team at home. Had we continued with th 4-4-2 we started with at Charlton the other team with more quality it would have been the same.

When we don't show our "quality" repeatedly against the better teams in this league it leads me to believe that we don't actually have much. Now while i applaud the results we've got from bluster and bravado we shouldn't be believing our own hype from our results.

Be more humble in the team slections. Our "quality" isn't yet in our quality, it's in the mentality and workmanlike team ethic. So back to 4-5-1 please or sign "quality". Don't come out with hindsight this, when it's very obvious what's happened repeatedly.

I agree with your formation. However I believe we do have quality but that it works best with a 5 man midfield. Certainly such a formation could accommodate both Noble and Williams in forward roles with 2 deeper lying players behind them. I was surprised Ivan was picked on Saturday in view of his constantly frustrating performances. I can only guess Gary wanted 2 players up against Hunt on their left. With Ivan and Brad both having stinkers it didn't work.

Anytime we go 4-4-2 against a team who are undoubtedly better than us we lose very badly. So stop doing it! 5 times this season we've hit good teams in form and been battered. We've come away fromt hese 5 games (Wolves, Sheff United, Birmingham, Reading) 11-2 down on aggregate with 1 point where we played restrictive football to a team at home. Had we continued with th 4-4-2 we started with at Charlton the other team with more quality it would have been the same.

When we don't show our "quality" repeatedly against the better teams in this league it leads me to believe that we don't actually have much. Now while i applaud the results we've got from bluster and bravado we shouldn't be believing our own hype from our results.

Be more humble in the team slections. Our "quality" isn't yet in our quality, it's in the mentality and workmanlike team ethic. So back to 4-5-1 please or sign "quality". Don't come out with hindsight this, when it's very obvious what's happened repeatedly.

I suggested this on this forum 3 days before the Reading game.

Regardless of LJ or Nobes, our MF is too lightweight to cope against the "top" attacking sides in this division, and whilst providing stability in the centre, it needn't be a negative tactic, especially with either Williams or Nobes in the middle.

Archived