IGNORED

Obscure City Stat Needed

kiel9495

OK - I am a total statto - most people will think I am a boring old nerd who needs to get a life, so any insults along those lines, you may as well save yourself the energy, but......... can anyone help with the following stat?

I am looking for details of a reserve match from years back.

It was at Ashton Gate in either 92-3 or 93-4.

Bristol City 0 Spurs 3

For Spurs, Chris Day was in goal and Lee Hodges got two of the 3 goals

Can anyone let me know the date of the match, and if possible the other scorer, line-ups or whatever else?

I guess I need someone with programmes from those seasons who could have a quick look and find the info for me. I would really appreciate it - many thanks to anyone who can help out a sad old statto in need

I am logged in from work so I can't see my old programmes, but I know that I don't have any from those seasons anyway.

Cheers.....

OK - I am a total statto - most people will think I am a boring old nerd who needs to get a life, so any insults along those lines, you may as well save yourself the energy, but......... can anyone help with the following stat?

I am looking for details of a reserve match from years back.

It was at Ashton Gate in either 92-3 or 93-4.

Bristol City 0 Spurs 3

For Spurs, Chris Day was in goal and Lee Hodges got two of the 3 goals

Can anyone let me know the date of the match, and if possible the other scorer, line-ups or whatever else?

I guess I need someone with programmes from those seasons who could have a quick look and find the info for me. I would really appreciate it - many thanks to anyone who can help out a sad old statto in need

I am logged in from work so I can't see my old programmes, but I know that I don't have any from those seasons anyway.

Cheers.....

Oh my god, what a boring old nerd who needs to get a life you are. joking mate, ermmm i don't know the score or anything but i remember someone posted on here a while back a website where you can type in a day and it comes up with all the results of that day. Wouldnt know how to find it.

• Admin
Oh my god, what a boring old nerd who needs to get a life you are. joking mate, ermmm i don't know the score or anything but i remember someone posted on here a while back a website where you can type in a day and it comes up with all the results of that day. Wouldnt know how to find it.

CITY STATS not sure it covers reserve games

thanks for that - can't find the info yet, but thnaks for the help anyway

anyone else have any ideas?

Somewhere in my loft is a box with my old programmes from the 90's. Next time I'm up there I'll have a look.

Did you know that in the 1956/57 season there were 32 clubs in the Football Combination & on 8 Sept 56 we were in 21st position? Spurs were 3rd. Without meeting Spurs all season City Reserves finished 6th. Spurs finished top having scored over 160 goals! I was 6 years old at the time and remember it well!! (Joke).

Source: my copy of the City programme for the match v Swansea on 27 APRIL 1957. Score 3-1. A hat trick by Dermot Curtis, a Republic international bought by Sir Alf Ramsay in 1958.

Howzat for some really obscure nerdy info?

have a look on some of the Spurs sites, there's loads.

found this one;

Friendly vs. Bristol City 29-Jul-94 6,700 A W 3 - 1 Howells, Rosenthal, Anderton

any use?

Hi m42 and myol'man,

this info is great, but it doesn't cover the reserve match i was on about - if there are any old programmes from 92-3 and 93-4 in your collection, and you could find the details based on what i mentioned in the original post, then that would be brilliant. thanks so much for your help.......

cheers, kiel

Archived