IGNORED

Gary Johnson

bs3

There seems to be this misconception that, because he commented on the crowd reaction when asked about it, he can't possibly be sorting out the players as well. That clearly isn't the case.

Gary is managing all aspects of the club in trying to get things right. From crowd reactions which he believes can have an adverse effect on player performance to managing the players who need a rocket and those who need an arm round them.

He is doing all he can to turn things round, not deflecting from a poor performance by blaming the crowd.

If Johnson gets it right on the pitch the crowd reaction he's looking for follow naturally. It's unrealistic to expect people to be happy and not react in negitive mannor when the team you follow have been taken apart so infatically! When asked about the crowd reaction why dosen't he just play safe and make no comment or say he understands the frustration and he'll be working hard to get it right rather then singing the plaudits of a couple of hundred in the EE and giving a verbal V sign to the rest of the ground?

He's creating a problem for himself.

If Johnson gets it right on the pitch the crowd reaction he's looking for follow naturally. It's unrealistic to expect people to be happy and not react in negitive mannor when the team you follow have been taken apart so infatically! When asked about the crowd reaction why dosen't he just play safe and make no comment or say he understands the frustration and he'll be working hard to get it right rather then singing the plaudits of a couple of hundred in the EE and giving a verbal V sign to the rest of the ground?

He's creating a problem for himself.

Because he believes that positive support is vital when things aren't going well - arguably moreso than when things are going well, and feels it's important to make that point.

It's actually a compliment in some ways, as he's underlining how important the fans are in getting the team playing and helping them out of a rut.

Fear of failure, which can be brought about when players are so scared of making a mistake that it actually leads to mistakes, can be stifling, and it's something he feels strongly enough about to comment on.

Because he believes that positive support is vital when things aren't going well - arguably moreso than when things are going well, and feels it's important to make that point.

It's actually a compliment in some ways, as he's underlining how important the fans are in getting the team playing and helping them out of a rut.

Fear of failure, which can be brought about when players are so scared of making a mistake that it actually leads to mistakes, can be stifling, and it's something he feels strongly enough about to comment on.

Point taken but surely you have to choose your battles at the right time, after a mauling when the fans are already disapointed and frustrated isn't the time.

Also I don't think the support is that bad down the Gate, it has certainly improved over recent years so I don't really understand what he's expecting.

Point taken but surely you have to choose your battles at the right time, after a mauling when the fans are already disapointed and frustrated isn't the time.

Also I don't think the support is that bad down the Gate, it has certainly improved over recent years so I don't really understand what he's expecting.

He's disappointed too and has said as much.

I think he agrees it isn't that bad and even said, "They helped us overcome adversity before and their support means we will bounce back again. God bless them, I'm proud of them."

He is just cautioning against negative vibes transferring onto the pitch and said, "If they're not careful, we are going to lose some of our players in terms of confidence."

"It could be a couple or it could be quite a few and, when that happens, it becomes dangerous."

Basically, I think he's just trying to underline how important the supporters are to him and his team, and he's asking them to try and stay positive, as it can only help when times are difficult, as they inevitably will be at some point in any season.

I'm not sure he expects it, necessarily, he's just making it clear what a huge help it can be if everyone can do it. He sees the fans as the twelfth man, and is asking them to stay strong to help the other eleven men through when they need it most.

Archived