IGNORED

Player Of The Season To Date

mightyreds89

Way off line about Fontaine mate, the fella is class, has pace,which is the one real pre-requisite of any good centre half/ sweeper and he is destined for bigger things (hopefully with City.)

Sorry to say it but he is a chicken. Got the talent yes, but that's not enough in the end. Can read the game, got the pace but lacks the easy part of the game. Sadly enough.

Or is he just bored of football? Send him to a childrens hospital, a theatre or whatever.

You can stuck in. Maybe even I..

Employees like Fontaine should be haunted.

Cheers

Tommy

Sorry to say it but he is a chicken. Got the talent yes, but that's not enough in the end. Can read the game, got the pace but lacks the easy part of the game. Sadly enough.

Or is he just bored of football? Send him to a childrens hospital, a theatre or whatever.

You can stuck in. Maybe even I..

Employees like Fontaine should be haunted.

Cheers

Tommy

I see your point mate, Fonts is not a typical 'English' centre half ( Terry Butcher like, swathed in bandages or even Louis Carey) I do remember Fonts seeing a game out with a bandaged head though? He is , however, our best player this season so far by a mile. Whilst your English is commendable i think you meant to say "Employees like Fontaine should be vaunted" :whistle:

I see your point mate, Fonts is not a typical 'English' centre half ( Terry Butcher like, swathed in bandages or even Louis Carey) I do remember Fonts seeing a game out with a bandaged head though? He is , however, our best player this season so far by a mile. Whilst your English is commendable i think you meant to say "Employees like Fontaine should be vaunted" :whistle:

Ok, try to improve my English so no problem. Let's hope Fontaine can improve as well. For his and our good sake. My lexikon don't now about "vaunted" by the way. Sure it's funny though :winner_third_h4h:

Ok, try to improve my English so no problem. Let's hope Fontaine can improve as well. For his and our good sake. My lexikon don't now about "vaunted" by the way.

We'll have to agree to differ... I rate Fonts, you don't. No problem with that, I'm pretty sure that vaunted means, roughly, valued or praised. Respect to you for your posts in English. :clapping:

We'll have to agree to differ... I rate Fonts, you don't. No problem with that, I'm pretty sure that vaunted means, roughly, valued or praised. Respect to you for your posts in English. :clapping:

I rate Fonts as well. No problem. The thing is, with some guts he can be a very, very good player. To add that extra can't be that difficult. You can be worse off.

I'm not blaming him for the Reading goals but watching him on the highlights is a bit embarrasing. It's not a Saturday jogging in the park..

Tommy

I rate Fonts as well. No problem. The thing is, with some guts he can be a very, very good player. To add that extra can't be that difficult. You can be worse off.

I'm not blaming him for the Reading goals but watching him on the highlights is a bit embarrasing. It's not a Saturday jogging in the park..

Tommy

I don't think he lacks guts Tommy, two things that players cant improve by training...1) You cannot overcome a genuine lack of pace. 2) guts or 'bottle' as we english call it. Fonts has both these attributes. I'm not saying he's a Franz Beckenbaur but he is our best player so far this season.

I don't think he lacks guts Tommy, two things that players cant improve by training...1) You cannot overcome a genuine lack of pace. 2) guts or 'bottle' as we english call it. Fonts has both these attributes. I'm not saying he's a Franz Beckenbaur but he is our best player so far this season.

I'm not a doctor but I would prescribe some barbed wire. Swenglish that is.

Thank's for your opionion Elton red :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Go on then...... I'll say it (wating for all the whoosh comments to come my way) McIndoe!!!!! Are you having a laugh?

not really joint top goalscorer but in some great crosses unfortunatly noone quite got on the end of it and hes managed to challenge quite abit and won us alot of freekicks

Back to the main topic........

Fontaine gets my vote closely followed by Wilson who Reading aside has played well in every position he has been asked and is unfortunate not to have secured a permanent place on the right side.

I know Brian is a utility player and always gives his all wherever he's asked to play but I felt for him against Reading. He looked really uncomfortable on the left but did the job as best he could, and Reading certainly exploited this defensive weakness mercilessly.

I think Brian is serious competition for Bradley on the right. He has the same commitment as Bradders, but none of the 'attitude' that sometimes rears its ugly head. I certainly can't recall Brian having to be substituted to avoid being sent off.

BW also has more pace and his delivery is superior. He can tackle as well too - when he's not disorientated by being played on the left.

Archived