IGNORED

Question For The East Enders

TRUEBRIT66

With all the debate about the EE just wondered where you used to sit prior to the EE opening and or would sit if it was shut ?

For the record I moved from the EE in the 80's to the enclosure (EE corner) and would use the dolman B block for certain games, also been in the old away end on occasions (but thats another story and in my opinion the best view back then).

Oh yes all sides of the ground used to sing for the other to "give us a song" never a issue back then.

With all the debate about the EE just wondered where you used to sit prior to the EE opening and or would sit if it was shut ?

For the record I moved from the EE in the 80's to the enclosure (EE corner) and would use the dolman B block for certain games, also been in the old away end on occasions (but thats another story and in my opinion the best view back then).

Oh yes all sides of the ground used to sing for the other to "give us a song" never a issue back then.

must admit i have been in all parts of the ground while the EE was open as well as going in the EE, been in the dolman A

Block, Park end and williams enclosure at times but since the EE was shut i've sat in the williams upper block near the EE,

Dolman G block and lower Dolman near the EE, since the Atyeo was opened i have sat there 5 times and that was 5 times

too many for me, i just can't take to the stand...

I sat for over 10 years in the Atyeo stand,block G lower.

There were several reasons for me moving to the East End,

1.Atyeo has become frustratingly quiet (I moved in to the EE for the first time this season)

2.£250 as opposed to £375 for a season ticket is a no-brainer,means I'll have more money to spend on away tickets

3.Just want to spend my saturday afternoon in a good mood,listening to all the moaning in the Atyeo stand reminded me of being at work,and football is something I do for enjoyment,it's just my enjoyment dosen't involve being miserable.

Unless I had to I will never sit in any other part of the ground now,in fact they should make the East End the home end for the last few years of Ashton Gate's life

I moved to the Atyeo when the EE was closed in '94. I managed a couple of seasons in the Atyeo but I hated not having the atmosphere (the acoustics are very poor and it's hard to generate noise) and got fed up battling with people telling us to sit down and stop being so noisy. At that point I stopped buying a season ticket and was pay on the day in the Williams and occasionally in the Dolman when Williams tickets weren't available.

To have the opportunity to be back in the EastEnd was a dream come true for me, and I feel like I'm back home in the place I grew up watching City. Last season was good, but this season has been great with many more taking the opportunity to join us and bring their 'noise'!

For the record would like to state that I personally don't see the EE as a superior stand and I don't see myself as a superior supporter to anybody else. The EE for me is just a place where I can be with like minded fans who for 90 minutes forget all their troubles & stresses in the world, and have one massive massive singsong whilst enjoying watching the team they love!

For the record would like to state that I personally don't see the EE as a superior stand and I don't see myself as a superior supporter to anybody else. The EE for me is just a place where I can be with like minded fans who for 90 minutes forget all their troubles & stresses in the world, and have one massive massive singsong whilst enjoying watching the team they love!

yep..

Over recent years people who like to sing and shout got mixed up with those who don't and both sets of fans got frustrated,

the simple fact the EE was chosen was because it had 2,000 empty seats there every home game at it was idle and the point was we were trying to get most of like minded singers in one area, if it could be done in the doman or atyeo we would

have tried but season ticket holders were already in place so the eastend was ideal because it was empty, the atyeo was

made hard work when most moved there from the williams to make way for the prem seating and to be honest before the parkend was demolished the atyeo should have gone where the williams is now.

Question is where are all the parkenders now? they had a good pop at atmosphere making..

Love the EE too, its such a shame about the restrictions. After the poor show by the team against Plymouth and the "strange" atmosphere in the Ayteo I will only attend games I can get in to the EE. Just interested how many supporters have the same opinion ?

Personally think having a good sing song can make a poor game a bit more attractive and my kids get a kick out of seeing thier old man acting a pillock !

east end when i was a kid.then moved to the enclosure during the dooby doo era.

in my opinion the enclosure was superb and all seating wrecked the atmosphere at

the gate...back in the east end now,love the atmosphere,hate the view,but i,m not

complaining because of the cheap season ticket!

Schoolboys enclosure (yeah, a long,long time ago), park end, enclosure, east end, grand stand, Dolman block E and now back on the East end!

I actually sat in my old seat on Saturday and it reminded me why I moved. Great view but the people where I used to sit could moan for England!

£250 for a season helps too.

Love the EE too, its such a shame about the restrictions. After the poor show by the team against Plymouth and the "strange" atmosphere in the Ayteo I will only attend games I can get in to the EE. Just interested how many supporters have the same opinion ?

Personally think having a good sing song can make a poor game a bit more attractive and my kids get a kick out of seeing thier old man acting a pillock !

Absolutely right - I took my daughter in there and we both loved the atmosphere and songs. Okay we were totally out-classed on the pitch but in the EE we were "4 nil down and having a laugh!. I'm an occasional fan (3 matches this season so far,living on the wrong side of the bridge, and i don't know if i can stand returning to the Dolman now. Away will be much better fun!

Ex- East ender 1977 - 81, proud to pass my heritage on to the next generation!

eastend behind the goal as a kid until my late teens,open end for a while,

then williams stand,to quiet,

finally up at the back of the dolman b block,

but might try to get back in the eastend next season,

if any room available :fingerscrossed:

EE as a kid until it was closed, then mainly Dolman A or B.. Tried the Atyeo a few times but didnt like the atmosphere.

Back in the EE again now and loving every minute of it. Surrounded by like minded fans who want to support the team as I do, which is by singing and having a laugh for 90 minutes. I would rather cheer the 11 City players on (regardless of who they are) than get on their backs.

When I started going down regularly on my own it was Dolman B block for a few years, then flirted frustratingly with the Atyeo 'till the 'bring the atmosphere home' campaign kicked in then it was WilliamsE/DolmanG/DolmanN for a few years, now it's a no brainer. Would seriously consider no season ticket if they shut the East End.

What are the "lyrics" to the song you guys have been singing to the Johnny comes marching home ,tune?

Sounds really good but beung in Dolman C can't hear the words

clean version......

johnsons gonna take us up Hurrah! Hurrah!

johnsons gonna take us up Hurrah! Hurrah!

johnsons gonna take us up

we'll win the league and the FA cup

and we'll all go marching on to the premier league

TUNE

Can't see it taking off. . . . :innocent06:

all together now!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson says he'll take us up hoorah hoorah

Johnson says he'll take us up hoorah hoorah

Johnson says he'll take us up, beat them all and f # c k 'em up.

And we'll all go marching into the premier league

:rofl2br:

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da da da da

Da daaaaaa

We love you Johnson

You know you're fat and round