IGNORED

Agm

Dolman Queen

I have just come home from work to find the BCFC annual report and accounts waiting to be read. Has any one else noticed that the time of the AGM has been changed from 730 pm to 1030 am? Its still on the last Thursday of November, ie 27 November but during the day! Has anyone got any information on why this is?

By choosing a time in the day when a lot of shareholders are at work, they are automatically being precluded from attending. To say I'm miffed is an understatement. I work hard to earn cash to fund my passion of BCFC. I have a season ticket, am a member of City 2000 and own shares. I feel I am doing my part to help the club and now will not be able to attend. I really don't think that the time of 1030 am is being considerate to those of us who have 'helped' BCFC in the past through share issues.

DQ

I have just come home from work to find the BCFC annual report and accounts waiting to be read. Has any one else noticed that the time of the AGM has been changed from 730 pm to 1030 am? Its still on the last Thursday of November, ie 27 November but during the day! Has anyone got any information on why this is?

By choosing a time in the day when a lot of shareholders are at work, they are automatically being precluded from attending. To say I'm miffed is an understatement. I work hard to earn cash to fund my passion of BCFC. I have a season ticket, am a member of City 2000 and own shares. I feel I am doing my part to help the club and now will not be able to attend. I really don't think that the time of 1030 am is being considerate to those of us who have 'helped' BCFC in the past through share issues.

DQ

Most AGM's take place during the day. Granted things might be different for football clubs, but for most companies, its during office/trading hours.

I seem remember last season (it could have been the season before) Lansdown tried to get a motion through that would mean in future they would not have to hold an AGM. He was out voted on this by the room. By now having the AGM during the day he will, more easily, get through anything he wants! Sorry to be negative but just telling you how it is!

• SC&T Board Members
I seem remember last season (it could have been the season before) Lansdown tried to get a motion through that would mean in future they would not have to hold an AGM. He was out voted on this by the room. By now having the AGM during the day he will, more easily, get through anything he wants! Sorry to be negative but just telling you how it is!

AGMs aren't about 'getting things through', they're generally very boring administrative affairs. The best ones are over in a couple of minutes. If there IS anything contentious to be discussed at an AGM, this has to be on the agenda sent to shareholders 21 days in advance, so any shareholder who feels strongly about any particular motion can make arrangements to attend.

SL clearly wanted a more streamlined AGM and this seems to me like a good solution. No shareholders are being excluded from the AGM (as, of course, they can't be legally), while SL is going out of his way to provide a Q&A session at a time that anyone can attend to take questions from shareholders and members of supporters groups. He is under no obligation to do this, so I don't think we should moan. If you're a shareholder you can go to the formal AGM in the morning (if you feel the need to hear the auditors reappointed) and attend the Q&A session in the evening.

Seems OK to me.

I don't think you could have told it any less 'how it is' if you tried.

Archived