IGNORED

London Reds - Footie On Tv

thefirstknowle

We're a group of 5-6 looking for the game. Obviously the prem game is on at the same time so we probably need to find a bar willing to show it. If we can get a few more to group together that should be good and it will probably be easier to get a pub to agree to show game and even better, show it with sound.

The Sun Tavern in covent garden is the normal shout. BUT - the one screen there is tiny and twice now Ive been there having phoned ahead when they said they would show the championship game and they havent. Is there any reason why we all go there for games? Can we not find a more reliable pub?

So anyway, options for London reds tomorrow (and in the future) for watching games?

Famous Three Kings is in West Ken. Bit of a trek for a lot of people and charge a cover (you get a drink "free" with cover so its really just a way of making everyone buy a drink). They have so many screens they show every game going, including foreign Premier League coverage on Sat afternoons.

There is a small bar in Euston that has a couple of decent screens and if we phone ahead and say there will be 5-10 people, they will probably put game on with sound. Theyve done it for me before. Mabels -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=nav...=4&ct=image

Last time the Sun Tavern let us down, for the Stoke away game last season, there was a group of about 8 of us who went across to the Oneills on Great Queen St. Loads of people watching Prem game there but they still put the City game on one screen for us. No sound. Good pub and maybe if we phoned ahead they'd reserve us one of the better screens.

I'm open to suggestions as long as they arent the Sun Tavern - who would prob say no anyway. There has to be one fairly central bar we can make a bit of a home and will always help us out if they know 10-20 City fans will come down for every televised game??

So any suggestions for places that fit the bill? If Euston/Kings cross isn't too far out of reach I can check with this Mabels bar to see if they'd help us out.

I'm staying in Chelsea Harbour tomorrow so is the pub in South Kensington easy to get to? Anyone know of pubs on Kings Road/Sloane Square or even Earls Court area that will show the game. I assume the Liverpool game is on Sultana?

Cheers

MM

We're a group of 5-6 looking for the game. Obviously the prem game is on at the same time so we probably need to find a bar willing to show it. If we can get a few more to group together that should be good and it will probably be easier to get a pub to agree to show game and even better, show it with sound.

The Sun Tavern in covent garden is the normal shout. BUT - the one screen there is tiny and twice now Ive been there having phoned ahead when they said they would show the championship game and they havent. Is there any reason why we all go there for games? Can we not find a more reliable pub?

So anyway, options for London reds tomorrow (and in the future) for watching games?

Famous Three Kings is in West Ken. Bit of a trek for a lot of people and charge a cover (you get a drink "free" with cover so its really just a way of making everyone buy a drink). They have so many screens they show every game going, including foreign Premier League coverage on Sat afternoons.

There is a small bar in Euston that has a couple of decent screens and if we phone ahead and say there will be 5-10 people, they will probably put game on with sound. Theyve done it for me before. Mabels -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=nav...=4&ct=image

Last time the Sun Tavern let us down, for the Stoke away game last season, there was a group of about 8 of us who went across to the Oneills on Great Queen St. Loads of people watching Prem game there but they still put the City game on one screen for us. No sound. Good pub and maybe if we phoned ahead they'd reserve us one of the better screens.

I'm open to suggestions as long as they arent the Sun Tavern - who would prob say no anyway. There has to be one fairly central bar we can make a bit of a home and will always help us out if they know 10-20 City fans will come down for every televised game??

So any suggestions for places that fit the bill? If Euston/Kings cross isn't too far out of reach I can check with this Mabels bar to see if they'd help us out.

Good shout! Can't name any London pubs but we should find our self a 100% Bristol City commited pub in London. Watching City games without loud ought to be a "Stockholm problem". Name the pub mates!

Good shout! Can't name any London pubs but we should find our self a 100% Bristol City commited pub in London. Watching City games without loud ought to be a "Stockholm problem". Name the pub mates!

Yeah - liverpool on Setanta. 3 Kings is pretty close to Chelsea Harbour. West Kensington is the local tube.

I'll phone round tomorrow morn and post here where we are going. Anyone wants to join us is more than welcome. Would be good to have one reliable place to go to see all the games on TV here in London. There are enough of us here.

Yeah - liverpool on Setanta. 3 Kings is pretty close to Chelsea Harbour. West Kensington is the local tube.

I'll phone round tomorrow morn and post here where we are going. Anyone wants to join us is more than welcome. Would be good to have one reliable place to go to see all the games on TV here in London. There are enough of us here.

3 Kings sounds good but I don't mind jumping on a Tube to meet up with fellow fans and create a City atmosphere in London, let me know where and I'll do my best to get there.

MM

3 Kings sounds good but I don't mind jumping on a Tube to meet up with fellow fans and create a City atmosphere in London, let me know where and I'll do my best to get there.

MM

I think the three kings might be only option. I'll give them a call in a bit. Bit of a trek for me BUT there are both Ireland and Scotland Rugby games AND a the liverpool game on so we are 4th in line in any pubs around here. Don't know any pubs apart from 3 Kings that can show that many diff sports.

No way they'll agree to give us sound though.

Who'd be in if 3 kings says yes? If I can say there will be 10-20 of us, they might help us out a bit more.

I'll phone around. If anyone else wants to do the same, I'd appreciate the help. Somewhere in central london wants our business, surely?

I think the three kings might be only option. I'll give them a call in a bit. Bit of a trek for me BUT there are both Ireland and Scotland Rugby games AND a the liverpool game on so we are 4th in line in any pubs around here. Don't know any pubs apart from 3 Kings that can show that many diff sports.

No way they'll agree to give us sound though.

Who'd be in if 3 kings says yes? If I can say there will be 10-20 of us, they might help us out a bit more.

I'll phone around. If anyone else wants to do the same, I'd appreciate the help. Somewhere in central london wants our business, surely?

Just spoke to Famous Three Kings. They are def showing it. But there is liverpool game and 2 rugby games on at same time. So to quote the girl "it will be on a screen but not a big screen."

I think we will probably head down there. Just trying a few other places. If I find one Ill post.

Just spoke to Famous Three Kings. They are def showing it. But there is liverpool game and 2 rugby games on at same time. So to quote the girl "it will be on a screen but not a big screen."

I think we will probably head down there. Just trying a few other places. If I find one Ill post.

PLACE SORTED - Mabel's WC1. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubmap/21994/

9 Mabledon Pl, London, WC1H 9AZ - on corner of Cartwright Gardens.

It's right by Euston, Kings cross and Russell Square so easy enough to get to. They are showing pool game but def showing City game too. 2 good screens and if there are enough of us, as they arent a big sports pub, they'll give us the bigger screen and the sound. So depends how many show.

We'll be a group of 7 so any more welcome and might be a place we can gather in future instead of crappy sun tavern. See how it goes. Just in there and they were showing united game and I think they are showing rugby too for anyone that cares and wants to get us a space.

Sorted.

Want to add to this -

Can't think of any pubs, other than those mentioned, but will definately have a think about it, and see if theres anything in my area that could show a City game.

I'm not going to make it out for this one I think so probably doing this one at home, but wanted to add a comment so that next time there's a City London gathering, I'm in.

Cheers

Been at both Sky games so far this season - but won't be at Preston so definitely interested in communal watching.

What about the Freemason's Arms in Covent Garden? It's broadly opposite the Sun. A load of us turned up there for the playoff second leg after arranging it on the forum. We had a big area reserved for us, loads of tellies so you got a good view from wherever, and a cracking atmosphere. The landlord was so pleased with us he handed me his card after the game and invited us to come back whenever - no doubt he'd be happy to see us for Preston.

But if Mabel's is the place then happy to go there - Euston or Covent Garden would, I think, be preferable to West Ken as they're so much more central.

Archived