IGNORED

Fan Assesment

Lack of Action Man

Gary was looking for a response from his players and he got one. A brave team performance today against a club that is riddled with financial troubles and desperate for points. The players that stood out for me today were Jaime McCoombe, Bradley Orr, Lee Johnson, Dele Adebola and Michael Mcindoe. I thought McCoombe was solid at the back winning many good headers and also clearing up the mess, Bradley was back to decent form today - he attacked well and tracked his man for the whole game. Lee Johnsons curling goal was a good strike and I'm pleased that he scored the goal it will be one for all of us whether we like him or not to remember and it will keep the whole should he be in the team debate going for another week! Dele Adebola was very effective today he really troubled the inexperienced centre halfs and always looked lively to get himself into good positions and lay it off. His control was crisp and his running excellent. Mcindoe also ran their defence tired in the first half and whilst he will be disapointed to have poorly struck the penalty he did create clever play and always looked a lively winger.

My disapointments today were Gavin Williams and Brian Wilson. WIlliams was largely absent and was subbed at just the right moment. He can do better and hopefully he will but was overshadowed by the Noble/Johnson playmaking. Brian Wilson showed good attacking qualities but sadly his defensive attributes are somewhat lacking and was caught out of position quite a few times. I hope he can improve on his last two performances as he does put 100% in for the team and is a good workman.

Well done lads - 3 points from a team that at least some other championship teams will drop points to? But we must remember we are not playing Southampton every week (Much the pity). Compared to what e have been up against this season they really looked very poor? Sorry if i was them i would be looking up routes to Horfield for next season

I feel a bit sorry for Wilson. Always gives his all and will play in goal if he's asked to - the only thing is that this highly commendable attitude is not doing his career much good as he is not getting settled into any kind of role even though he probably plays 25-30 games a season. I do agree that he is not as good as Orr defensively and that if he is to make a position his own in our side it will have to be on the right hand side of midfield. Having said all that you cannot fault a player with his effort and attitude for having technical deficiencies in a position which is foreign to him - how many other players in the side could play in as many positions as him without looking like a Conference South player in some of them?

Archived