IGNORED

Well Done Dele

Brizred

Dele was up against two inexperienced centre half's and he beat the pair of them up. They looked wet behind the ears after he had finished with them. Fantastic performance.

Totally agree 4-5-1 suits him down to a tee. Is biggest asset his holding the ball up and bringing others into play which is the exactly what a lone striker needs to do. For me one of his best performances in a City shirt.

Dele's so much more effective when he can bring the ball down onto his chest/knee etc. Good performance from him again.

This is what is frustrating - he is a better and more effective player when we play football on the deck like tonight than when we pump it aimlessly long. Tonight showed that.

At 33 Adebola does not handle backing up with a two games a week schedule. Well done GJ for giving the big guy a rest last week and having him refreshed for his lone striker role. With SJ on board and Brooker back in training, we have 3 big lumps avilable to share the load up front.

Despite some other very good performances tonight he was my MoM, I can't see why the bloke takes so much flak on here, he's a nightmare to play against, has an admirable work ethic and always plays for the team, not himself.

If he was 27 not 33 the guy would have cost us a small fortune to sign, IMO.

Yet another top quality centre forwards performance, most underrated player at the Gate, might get a few idiots off your back.

dunno about 'another' quality performance - but credit where its due, he did well today. But I think if dele's going to be able to play to that level, he may not be able to play 90 minutes week in week out - you cant deny he's been poor this season and maybe the reason is his age catching up with him?

you cant deny he's been poor this season and maybe the reason is his age catching up with him?

I would deny that as I'm sure many others would.

Del was excellent tonight and he's been a top centre forward in the Championship for many years. Age isn't on his side and I'd agree with others that Stern can step in when Del isn't fully fit.

When he skinned that Saints defender tonight he should've had a shot. That was my one complaint

i think Dele has been tired lately BUT i am one of his biggest fans. Last night he was top class.

My cousin who is a Southmapton fan said

"That guy upfront with the bandage on was class, admittedly we had a very young inexperinced defence but we couldnt handle him and he was basically the difference between the two teams"

Now admittedly, its a team game and i thought all the team played very well last night, we should have won 2-0 mayb 3-1 really.

I think the rest last night did Dele a lot of good and he contributed superbly last night. And fair play to Noble he played very well as well, iv said many a times i don't think he should start but yesterday i thought he was great....although still cant last 90mins can he :innocent06:

dunno about 'another' quality performance - but credit where its due, he did well today. But I think if dele's going to be able to play to that level, he may not be able to play 90 minutes week in week out - you cant deny he's been poor this season and maybe the reason is his age catching up with him?

You think he's been poor. I think his centre forward play has been excellent all season.

Yet another top quality centre forwards performance, most underrated player at the Gate, might get a few idiots off your back.

Dele Adebola was man of the match by a country mile as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is relentless in attack and played even better after taking that terrible knock to the back of the head. Dele Adebola, with that 5 man midfield behind him, looked awesome and we attacked from start to finish and always dominated as a result.

fair enough. apart from winning headers what does he do??

he wins alot in the air, but where do these headers go? astray mostly.

He holds the ball up, keeps possession until midfield players support him, puts himself between the ball and defenders, lets defenders know they've been in a game with his physical presence, draws defenders out of position to allow midfield players space, can run at defenders and is very hard to knock off the ball, good in the air, has a strike rate of 1 in 3, but what do i know (as an ex-centre forward). I'm sure centre halfs in this league don't relish lining up against him.

He holds the ball up, keeps possession until midfield players support him, puts himself between the ball and defenders, lets defenders know they've been in a game with his physical presence, draws defenders out of position to allow midfield players space, can run at defenders and is very hard to knock off the ball, good in the air, has a strike rate of 1 in 3, but what do i know (as an ex-centre forward). I'm sure centre halfs in this league don't relish lining up against him.

I disagree with most of that - this season anyway. my main gripe is his movement.

But if he does stay in the team, lets hope its more of the same of last night. :city:

I disagree with most of that - this season anyway. my main gripe is his movement.

But if he does stay in the team, lets hope its more of the same of last night. :city:

brizred's analysis of Adebola is spot on. Adebola was the big bloke up front with the bandage on.

Who are you watching?

My main gripe with Adebola is his ability to last 4 games in a row. I guess this is why Johnson loaned Stern John though (whose movement incidentally is far worse than Adebola's).

brizred's analysis of Adebola is spot on. Adebola was the big bloke up front with the bandage on.

Who are you watching?

My main gripe with Adebola is his ability to last 4 games in a row. I guess this is why Johnson loaned Stern John though (whose movement incidentally is far worse than Adebola's).

I don't think so, Dele's movement is almost non-existent.

Archived