IGNORED

A Good Result Today

cityfan

Not the best performance. As much as we could have had a few more goals, I think to be fair to Southampton, they could have had a few goals too. A great move for the goal and a great finish.

Playing against the better sides I think we would have been punished again today. But in terms of spirit that can't be faulted.

As a team providing quality in the last third I think we still have a way to go.

Hopefully a confidence boost today will create more fluency and quality needed to take us up the table and sustain a higher league position

Not the best performance. As much as we could have had a few more goals, I think to be fair to Southampton, they could have had a few goals too. A great move for the goal and a great finish.

Playing against the better sides I think we would have been punished again today. But in terms of spirit that can't be faulted.

As a team providing quality in the last third I think we still have a way to go.

Hopefully a confidence boost today will create more fluency and quality needed to take us up the table and sustain a higher league position

I would agree.It is great to win away and their was great heart and committment by the team but against the better teams, you can see why we are getting well beaten.My concern is a week's intensive and punishing training produced a win but not a good performance. So what will GJ do now to improve the team which at times looks very poor.

After last week, today was always going to be more about the result than the performance.

I didn't think we were that great today, but southampton were a terrible and very young side who for large spells of the game were there for the taking, there is still alot of work to be done, but with the teams we are playing between now and almost new year, our form performances should hopefully pick up.

In the paper tomorrow it will say. Southampton 0 Bristol City 1. What more do we really want? win every game 1-0 and i for one would be MORE THAN HAPPY :yes:

End of the day you get 3 points if you play well or not..

An away win is always a great result,

Noble played well, glad to see him back and with stern john up front adding the goal scoring knack I think we can start looking for better performances and wins,

I thought at times today city passed the ball very well,

Southampton looked very poor put they did have a couple of good young players, they might be worth a punt if the saints are skint.

I thought so too, apart from the last 20 mins or so when they put the pressure on. By that point we should have had the game won.

That's the problem to many look at the negatives ( the last 20 mins ) and not the positives the othe 70 mins, and for those last 20 mins i thought we defended very well, Orrs saving tackle being the highlight (outstanding),although once clearing the ball we failed to hold the ball, the only worry for me is that we fail to kill teams off.

Our defence was mainly solid today, we managed to keep a clean sheet against a side who recently scored 3 goals against Preston. Overall a good performance and hopefully we can carry this into the Forest game :englandsmile4wf:

And equally, we actually kept our 5th clean sheet in 6 games, helping us to 11 points from those games in our second block of ten. And we're 5th in the form table based on those last 6 games...

We're doing just fine. We just need to make Ashton Gate a difficult place for teams to play football in again. And I mean opposition teams, not our own.

I would agree.It is great to win away and their was great heart and committment by the team but against the better teams, you can see why we are getting well beaten.My concern is a week's intensive and punishing training produced a win but not a good performance. So what will GJ do now to improve the team which at times looks very poor.

I think you're being incredibly harsh - to hammer the team's form in the wake of such of a positive result doesn't do anybody any favours.

We've had a couple of tonkings but just remember where the respective teams were a just a couple of years ago. We over-achieved last season and it likely won't happen again, but as long as we're going to places like Charlton and Southampton and coming away with the points I don't think it's right to start ripping the team to shreds.

You're very hard to please, IMO.

Archived