IGNORED

The Ultimate Professional

Godzilla

Good display from Lee today, and a decent strike for the goal. But performance aside, I want to say how proud I am (and we all should be) to have such a wonderful professional at our football club.

His interview on Bristol City World was absolutely superb. He wasn't bitter. He wasn't smug. He wasn't sarcastic. He held his head high and talked with enthusiasm and delight about his goal.

I'm not sure there are many players who could stand infront of a camera and talk with such maturity and professionalism after the ridiculous treatment he received from his own supporters last week. And I use the term 'supporters' loosely.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on Lee Johnson the player, we have an absolutely brilliant professional and he deserves every bit of support and encouragement we as fans can give him.

Many will say he responded to the critics on the pitch today. I say his response off it was even better. He's desperate to do well for this club and he deserves so much better from all of you.

Click here to watch Lee's interview on Bristol City World for FREE

Why do threads always descend in childish bickering?

Godzilla makes a good point in support of a player. Ive watched the World interview and agree, Lee's professionalism, attitude and handling of his critics really should be admired.

I actually wanted him dropped for today's game, never booed him or anything ridiculous like that, but felt he wasnt worth his place. Good performance today, great goal too. Shows tremendous character and bottle - something we should all admire in a Bristol City player. Lesser men would have hidden.

Let's get behind him.

I agree Godzilla - your point is well made. He deserves praise for his interview and his commitment. It must be tough being "daddys boy" an easy target when any mistake is made. It will be tough in a year or two's time when GJ has to say "sorry son but I'm buying someone else in your spot. Personally, I would never have allowed him to sign with GJ as manager.

Don't get me wrong - I think he is a fine player and he gets 100% support from me when in a City shirt. It is a testament to GJ's managerial skills that he has created such a great team spirit with his son in the side.

Good display from Lee today, and a decent strike for the goal. But performance aside, I want to say how proud I am (and we all should be) to have such a wonderful professional at our football club.

His interview on Bristol City World was absolutely superb. He wasn't bitter. He wasn't smug. He wasn't sarcastic. He held his high and talked with enthusiasm and delight about his goal.

I'm not sure there are many players who could stand infront of a camera and talk with such maturity and professionalism after the ridiculous treatment he received from his own supporters last week. And I use the term 'supporters' loosely.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on Lee Johnson the player, we have an absolutely brilliant professional and he deserves every bit of support and encouragement we as fans can give him.

Many will say he responded to the critics on the pitch today. I say his response off it was even better. He's desperate to do well for this club and he deserves so much better from all of you.

If you have World but haven't seen the interview, I suggest you watch it.

Here Here...A thread in support of one of our own is never pointless

LJ plays better away from home, without the sniping and moaning

from some sections of the home crowd.

If you are one of them, be ashamed, because he can be a class player.

Come on Lee, drive it into Forest next week, and show all the idiots who

think you only play 'cos your dad is the manger!

His interview on Bristol City World was absolutely superb. He wasn't bitter. He wasn't smug. He wasn't sarcastic. He held his high and talked with enthusiasm and delight about his goal.

Agree with what you say, as a person he's a top bloke, and while he's on the pitch I for one will support and certainly would never boo him, or ironically cheer him off, which was disgraceful and shocking behaviour by hundreds if not thousands - but surely you cannot be suggesting that opinions should be suppressed, when so many question his automatic inclusion every week regardless of performance?

Its a really good point Godzilla

I don't think i could stand for the idiotic abuse he gets every week. His performance on and off the pitch today just shows why GJ has such face in him.

Cynic has got one thing right though - this whole stupid debate about whether LJ deserves a place in the team has gone on long enough.

ONE good performance does not make a good player!It's the consistency that makes a good player.

After his match winning game yesterday, it will all be forgotten if he does not keep up his work rate and concentration of what he does with the ball.

Then the same old crew will have another snipe. SO lets hope this is the start of something good from Lee. :fingerscrossed:

If you have World but haven't seen the interview, I suggest you watch it.

Good post. LJ haters will say its a pointless thread, there were 10 other players blah blah blah. But no other player has got jeered and no other players performance is examined as mush as LJ's.

He's playing under so much pressure - its no wonder he has had his best games away from home.

I love this club but as I'm getting older I'm starting to realise our fan base isn't as great as we make out it is.

I live in Cardiff and when I talk to thier fans the one thing I always get from them is after 90 mins of football they might put a player down amounst each other but they never put the player down when they are at a match!

The term supporter gets thrown around alot. So call supporters then give a very proessional player such as Lee no support what so ever.

noun 1. a person or thing that supports.

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

3. a device, usually of elastic cotton webbing, for supporting some part of the body, esp. a jockstrap.

4. a garter, esp. one attached to a garter belt or girdle.

5. Heraldry. either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon in an achievement of arms.

^ That is the definition in the dictionary of a supporter. A person who supports.... so next time you are at Ashton Gate and you boo or put down LJ remember you arent a supporter at all.

All of the fans I know of other clubs support thier team no matter what is going on with individual players. Last season we were doing well and the majority of our fans were very positive because of this and I beleive that had a reflection on the field and amoungst the players. This season we arent in the top 6 at the moment so people are looking for a scapegoat or a reason and making the son of the manager the target is not only going to affect the player but also the manager!

Rather than putting Lee Johnson down people should be getting behind him and cheering him on and then maybe you would see more performances like this.

At the moment I am ashamed at times to call myself a Bristol City fan as I see the treatment of our own players.

Lee Johnson showed something that every single human being should appreciate in another - dignity.

A quality sadly lacking in some people.

Rather than putting Lee Johnson down people should be getting behind him and cheering him on and then maybe you would see more performances like this.

At the moment I am ashamed at times to call myself a Bristol City fan as I see the treatment of our own players.

These two quotes sum up my feelings on the disgusting treatment Lee is receiving perfectly. Lee has responded to the awful attitude from a section of our "fans" in the perfect way. I just hope he scores again next week at AG.

Thanks Dad.

Where would this forum be without such wise guidance ?

Cynic - I see you've made over 7,000 posts on this forum. Judging by the your post in this thread, i wonder how many of those 7,000 have been pointless/childish. It's idiots like you that divide this club - if you can't say something positive, get lost.

Agree with a lot of what most people have said in this thread. However the most important thing is that LJ does it consistently from now on.

Also, I'm not having a go at LJ, as besides his goal, I thought he had an above average game but not an Outstanding one. I also think that LJ played better because Noble and Williams ran the midfield for most of the game, which allowed LJ to keep playing his short passes and keeping the play moving - which is what he does excellently, and should therefore not be labelled as our playmaker because that is not what he is about.

It goes to show that he enjoys playing away from home at the moment as his best games were at charlton and southampton and it just seems he does not look foward to playing infront of ashton gate so maybe the fans could

try and sing a song or two to lift him at home rather then pressure him, it could make him play better at home?

however credit where credit is due and he had a good game yesterday and scored a superb goal and it meant the world to him going by the celebration so it won't hurt to sing a song or two for him i guess he is due one.

I was talking about this to Eastender on the train back from southampton and going by the fact that

LJ's nickname is Jono we could try the dexys midnight runners tune of geno and singing jono would show

the difference in songs from him and his old man.

follow the trumpet and sax lines with chanting then sing ooohhh jono

lots of chant ability with this un'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wqk_sWq_vU

I'm glad the site made it free. Unfortunately, I fear that LJ will always play better away from home - I know for a fact that when I take my seat for the game against Forest on Saturday the people on the row behind me will boo when they hear that his name is on the team sheet, then get on his back for every error he makes throughout the game.

Agree with a lot of what most people have said in this thread. However the most important thing is that LJ does it consistently from now on.

Also, I'm not having a go at LJ, as besides his goal, I thought he had an above average game but not an Outstanding one. I also think that LJ played better because Noble and Williams ran the midfield for most of the game, which allowed LJ to keep playing his short passes and keeping the play moving - which is what he does excellently, and should therefore not be labelled as our playmaker because that is not what he is about.

that is the most vital part of this topic. Consistency

LJ got stick similar to the stick he is getting now, during the promotion season, when he wasn't performing, he turned his form around and comments stopped, he has been poor this season and the comments have come back, have some Consistency and there will be no reason to complain.

The thing is, these exact same comments were said after the Charlton game when he played well, however he's gone missing since then until last night, so understandably people will get on his back, but for people to say he's the only one getting hammered is just naive,

personally I'm still don't understand also why Sproule came on late on despite also being useless against Reading, when Trundle did so well in the same position against Reading and doesn't get a chance.

Why ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Why don,t all these tedious idiots with nothing to do other than knock our own players just sod off. Most of the team, as in every team in any league will have players who some weeks will be excellant, some weeks will be poor for whatever reason. Some times it will be the player some times it will be the tactics sometimes it will be confidance some times it might be the opposition. Lee Johnson has had far more good days than bad days and could do without idiots knocking his every touch. He is a team player who does his best and happens to be the managers son. So what, Bristol City the club who we all percieve to support are in their best position in my lifetime and i am proud of my club and i trust my chairman, manager and their judgement and i will support them 100%. If you want to drag a club through the gutter there are apparently another football club a few miles away that are already there. Feel free to join them.

:city::englandsmile4wf:

that is the most vital part of this topic. Consistency

LJ got stick similar to the stick he is getting now, during the promotion season, when he wasn't performing, he turned his form around and comments stopped, he has been poor this season and the comments have come back, have some Consistency and there will be no reason to complain.

The thing is, these exact same comments were said after the Charlton game when he played well, however he's gone missing since then until last night, so understandably people will get on his back, but for people to say he's the only one getting hammered is just naive,

He didn't go missing at Barnsley.

It was a poor team display after the first 20 minutes, but he was the only one holding his position and doing his job to a decent standard.

The whole team appears to prefer playing away from home at the moment, judging purely by results.

noun 1. a person or thing that supports.

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

3. a device, usually of elastic cotton webbing, for supporting some part of the body, esp. a jockstrap.

4. a garter, esp. one attached to a garter belt or girdle.

5. Heraldry. either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon in an achievement of arms.

^ That is the definition in the dictionary of a supporter. A person who supports.... so next time you are at Ashton Gate and you boo or put down LJ remember you arent a supporter at all.

I'd say a few of our fans have the football understanding of definition 3...and the odour.

I'm sure most of us know that Lee's a decent player, but that like the majority of our squad, he isn't consistent enough to be considered a potential Premier League player.

Nuff respect for him rising above the jeers though.

Archived