IGNORED

Chris Garland

Never to the dark side

For anybody who doesn't know Chris has published his life story "A Life of Two Halves". Anybody who can afford to in these straitened times please buy a copy to honour a City hero who has been through some hard times since his playing days.

This should bee a good read, I understand he has not had the best of luck in recent years bur willl always be remembered as the Golden Boy, a true Bristol lad .

Where can the book be purchased ???

Would it be fair to say he provided one of the most memorable moments in recent history at the gate.

Hands and knees on the line to head in against the gas.

Absolute quality.

I remember it well. It was a Tuesday night in front of the open end, in one of those memorable Gloucestershire Cup games. I believe we won 6-0 that night, and that goal was probably the sixth. Would get slated today for unprofessional conduct. Would I be correct in saying that Chris had four different spells at City?

I remember it well. It was a Tuesday night in front of the open end, in one of those memorable Gloucestershire Cup games. I believe we won 6-0 that night, and that goal was probably the sixth. Would get slated today for unprofessional conduct. Would I be correct in saying that Chris had four different spells at City?

Winger - THREE spells @ City

I know they played in his benefit match many moons ago, but who thought it'd be a good idea to have Chris in a United shirt on the front of his autobiography?

Not really one for autobiographies, but I hope it sells well for him.

Isn't it a 2 way street. Read about the times at BCFC through the eyes of a striker and what life is like as a footballer struggling after the limelight. Autobiography or not it shows support for someone who brought us great entertainment. As uncle said, "now cough up"

Chris @ Megastore 12 -1pm Saturday

Chris was one of our greatest players and I will never forget his goal against Liverpool that set up the match at Coventry in 77 and how fired up he was for the Coventry game

HOWEVER

Can someone ask him WHY he is wearing a Man U shirt on the front of his book....please click the link to amazon earlier in this thread....

A Chelsea shirt ok...A Leicester shirt maybe... But Man U?? Rather than a City shirt...PLLEEAAASE

Anyway I'll put it on Santa's list for me this xmas regardless

I remember it well. It was a Tuesday night in front of the open end, in one of those memorable Gloucestershire Cup games. I believe we won 6-0 that night, and that goal was probably the sixth. Would get slated today for unprofessional conduct.

Actually, it was a pre-season Anglo-Scottish Cup match played on a Saturday afternoon, 5th Aug 1978...with City winning 6-1.

Apart from that you were spot-on :icecream:

Archived