IGNORED

Emad Meteb To Everton (merged)

Big Nose

according to presstalk on the website meteb is linked with a move to everton in january. considering success of Zaki at wigan have we missed out on a potentially Premier League quality player with a proven goalscoring record at international level, who would have cost less than maynard. also considering our lack of someone to play wide on the right should we have signed mifsud who is far better than anyone we have playing there, and would have created and scored goals. i know there were hiccups in negotiations which we don,t know the full details of but is gary johnson being too fussy.

Maynard will come good and will improve. the fee was an investment for the long term.

I think he's struggled because of how we've played - but even if that was'nt the case and he is struggling to adapt to the championship, then he's got age on his side.

I'm sure he'll play in the prem one day. remember he's only 21!

At this stage maynard has been poor, blame service, age or what ever excuse you like, this lad has proved far from a good investment.

Infact like my house he's probably worth a lot less now than when we bought him in august ..He his going to have had a brilliant season to even get us our money back.

It is pure guess work by all of us to gauge that maynard will come good, on all evidence seen he looks like a young lad come here on trial from non league, at best.

I will cross every part of my body and pray he comes good.........

My gut feeling is that he will be a lot better than Maynard.That is why we spent virtually the whole transfer window trying to sign him.And on the breakdown of the deal we knee jerk and got done by Crewe in paying so much for a player who is not up to the mark at the moment.And worse is , because GJ paid so much for him he always gets a chance befpre Akinde, whoi seemed to me a great signing in terms of price and potential.

Accordinfg to Sky Sports,

Ex CITY target Emad Meteb is claiming he's going to Everton in the January transfer window.

It'll be interesting to see if

a) he does go and

b) how he fairs with the pace of the Prem.

My gut reactions:

Failure.

Snoz.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4484841,00.html

I was a bit gutted when the meteb deal fell through with City. I just had a good feeling about this guy. I'd only seen footage online and read Egyptian websites (when translation was available) and he was rated really highly, above the likes of Mido, and Zaki was never even mentioned!

I understand GJ's principals but after Meteb played in that game i kind of hoped that he would let it go and sign the goalscorer we needed (a lot) at the time.

Don't know with Metab, obviously a bit of a d###, but sometimes you have to accept that type of player in the interests of the team.

With Maynard, if we are 'not playing to his strengths', does that not mean that he was not the right type of player? You don't buy Ford parts for a Skoda! Personally, I have not been impressed with him so far, and with recession looming, I think it is 100% certain that we will not recoup anywhere near our outlay!

For all of GJ's many qualities, signing forwards is clearly not a strength. Adebola & John are just good journeymen, we overpaid for Trundle & Maynard, Byfield & Jevons did a job for a while, we don't know yet with Akinde, and the real gems that were Quinn, Bas and Smith! I could add Sprout to that list as 'fast but useless'.

Don't know with Metab, obviously a bit of a d###, but sometimes you have to accept that type of player in the interests of the team.

With Maynard, if we are 'not playing to his strengths', does that not mean that he was not the right type of player? You don't buy Ford parts for a Skoda! Personally, I have not been impressed with him so far, and with recession looming, I think it is 100% certain that we will not recoup anywhere near our outlay!

For all of GJ's many qualities, signing forwards is clearly not a strength. Adebola & John are just good journeymen, we overpaid for Trundle & Maynard, Byfield & Jevons did a job for a while, we don't know yet with Akinde, and the real gems that were Quinn, Bas and Smith! I could add Sprout to that list as 'fast but useless'.

I agree with you 100%, Maynards acquasition stank of desperarety, we went round the houses, 2 deals fell through and in the shadow of the closing transfer window door we paid a hiked up price for an unproven goalscorer at championship level, albeit with bags of potential. From what I have seen so far I am not sure that Maynards potential is any greater than that of Tristan Plummer or John Akinde.

I was and still am massively dissapointed that Emad is not a Bristol City player, if we had signed him in January we would be in the prem now IMHO, I don't honestly believe that signing Maynard in January would have speared us to the promised land.

I agree with you 100%, Maynards acquasition stank of desperarety, we went round the houses, 2 deals fell through and in the shadow of the closing transfer window door we paid a hiked up price for an unproven goalscorer at championship level, albeit with bags of potential. From what I have seen so far I am not sure that Maynards potential is any greater than that of Tristan Plummer or John Akinde.

I was and still am massively dissapointed that Emad is not a Bristol City player, if we had signed him in January we would be in the prem now IMHO, I don't honestly believe that signing Maynard in January would have speared us to the promised land.

It definately wouldn't have - he was recovering from cruciate(?) knee injury - but your point is taken and accepted.

SkySports

The Egyptian striker's agent had announced that a deal with the Toffees was imminent, with positive discussions having been held between the two parties.

However, Moyes insists he has no desire to bring the African ace to Goodison Park.

"I don't know anything about it. I've never heard of him," he said in the Liverpool Daily Post.

what a joke Emad and his agent are :rofl2br:

:city: Do you remember the Egyptian striker Emad Meteb who Gary Johnson tried to sign in the close season ? Well

Team talk website is reporting that his agent has said that he will join Everton in January for £2,000,000.

He is on loan at Saudi Arabian club Al Ittihad this season but his parent club Al Ahly in Egypt are keen to sell.

If he turns out to be as good as Zaki at Wigan will Gary regret not signing him ?

:city: Do you remember the Egyptian striker Emad Meteb who Gary Johnson tried to sign in the close season ? Well

Team talk website is reporting that his agent has said that he will join Everton in January for £2,000,000.

He is on loan at Saudi Arabian club Al Ittihad this season but his parent club Al Ahly in Egypt are keen to sell.

If he turns out to be as good as Zaki at Wigan will Gary regret not signing him ?

Really! Why has no-one said?

well yes .

Archived