IGNORED

Akinbiyi

riddlesdown red

Popped along to stamford bridge last night and for one night only became a honorary claret, the 6,000 burnley fans completly drowned out any noise from the 34,000 chelsea fans other than when they score. What a great result for the championship club. The point of the e mail was it good to see Akinbiyi come on and score my burnley mates tell me he will retire an end of season, would be nice if he makes the last home against us at Turf Moor. In contrast Drogba was an absolute ass constantly berating the officials and winding up the away fans. As a bench mark for us Burnley looked very solid at the back as I think we are (forget reading) and I think they will be hovering around play offs come May

Popped along to stamford bridge last night and for one night only became a honorary claret, the 6,000 burnley fans completly drowned out any noise from the 34,000 chelsea fans other than when they score. What a great result for the championship club. The point of the e mail was it good to see Akinbiyi come on and score my burnley mates tell me he will retire an end of season, would be nice if he makes the last home against us at Turf Moor. In contrast Drogba was an absolute ass constantly berating the officials and winding up the away fans. As a bench mark for us Burnley looked very solid at the back as I think we are (forget reading) and I think they will be hovering around play offs come May

Pleased for burnley, would be nice to see akinbiyi play his last ever game against us.

Whilst he did well for us in a poor season cant help but feel that we were a stepping stone club for him.

Didnt another ex city striker play his last game against us?? Maybe wayne allison??

Akinbiyi worked very hard for us in his one full season - always chasing down defenders etc. And to score 18 (?) goals for a side that finished bottom was incredibly impressive. He wasn't the most gifted striker we've ever had by a long shot, with a poor first touch at times, but I can't remember many trying harder. Or being stronger.

The Chief aka Wayne Allison is still technically playing - he's assistant player-manager at Chester City this season.

Akinbiyi, probably the only thing worth seeing that season, and thats saying something.

Never forget the chant

''he'll be running round the pitch with his w*lly hanging out,

he'll be running round the pitch with his w*lly hanging out,

Singing I've got a bigger,

Ive got a bigger,

I've got a bigger one than you''

Akinbiyi, probably the only thing worth seeing that season, and thats saying something.

Never forget the chant

Ive got a bigger,

Cheers Badger, that's going to be in my head all day now!

Singing I, I Ade Akinbi

Singing I, I Ade Akinbi

Singing I, I Ade, I, I Ade, I, I Ade Akinibi

Akinbiyi worked very hard for us in his one full season - always chasing down defenders etc. And to score 18 (?) goals for a side that finished bottom was incredibly impressive. He wasn't the most gifted striker we've ever had by a long shot, with a poor first touch at times, but I can't remember many trying harder. Or being stronger.

The Chief aka Wayne Allison is still technically playing - he's assistant player-manager at Chester City this season.

18 goals was very good for that season. But what Akinbiyi benefitted from was the creative ability of Brian Tinnion - something our current crop of strikers could desperately do with!

Never forget the chant

Ive got a bigger,

What about Soren Andersen?

What about Ivan Testimetanu(sp?)

And Vilmos seebok(Ok stretching it a bit)

Archived