IGNORED

Do We Owe The Tax Man Any Money?

Never to the dark side

The football league are concerned that 50 of the 72 football league clubs

owe the tax man approx one million pound each

I don't think steve with all his financhial knowledge would have bristol city

owing any money to the tax man

BUT

its frightning thought for those 50 clubs considering that the financhial situation

could get worse

BUT

its frightning thought for those 50 clubs considering that the financhial situation

could get worse

I would be very, very surprised if we were one of those fifty clubs.

Accountants are great at finding tax loop holes, that's what they are paid and trained to do after all.

Wycombe, Luton and most other league 1 & 2 clubs are on the verge of administration because they are run by imbeciles.

When will Football chairman and owners learn to run their clubs in the black? Its hard to have sympathy really, in fact I hope this financial climate totally destroys them all.

When will Football chairman and owners learn to run their clubs in the black? Its hard to have sympathy really, in fact I hope this financial climate totally destroys them all.

Reality check : Bristol City are heavily in the red and the size of the debt is increasing each year. Are you hoping that we get destroyed in this financial climate then? :disapointed2se:

Accountants are great at finding tax loop holes, that's what they are paid and trained to do after all.

Wycombe, Luton and most other league 1 & 2 clubs are on the verge of administration because they are run by imbeciles.

Yes they are not that great. Silly ideas at the expence of the club/owners.

Refreshing the hear the interview with Mike Newell now working for what he call "honest people"= John Fenty.

Quite a few of us got backbones after all.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/20...sby.html#040557

Thank god for Steve Lansdown.

Reality check : Bristol City are heavily in the red and the size of the debt is increasing each year. Are you hoping that we get destroyed in this financial climate then? :disapointed2se:

Of course not, but we still need to be clever with our finances too, we are amazingly fortunate to have SL, he's a top Chairman with an incredible amount of financial nouse. What I don't like is these Clubs not paying their tax to HM Government while happily paying their players stupid money and then look for help when they go under and say its not their fault...Well it is!! So screw them, they should be jailed if they don't pay their tax.

BUT

could get worse

Credit to Grimsby. They had a tax debt of £700 000 from superior owners. Now paid off without going in to administration.

I'm sure that if city did owe money to the tax man and it came to the crunch, Steve would sub it to the club from his business and pay it back that way. He is a very clever man with alot of financial knowledge.

And to think people want us to splash cash here there and everywhere to get this and that player. I 100% back him as Bristol City chairman.

The problem is it will take a very brave club to finally say 'no' and refuse to pay over the odds for players wages.

We all know they're overpaid, they know they're overpaid but no one will want to shot themselves in the foot.

Until clubs are forced to have a salary cap, again which probably wouldn't be voted in by clubs, this problem will never go away.

I agree with others that it's criminal that footballers are paid so much when clubs aren't paying the taxes they owe.

Of course not, but we still need to be clever with our finances too

Well, we haven't been too clever have we? didn't the directors vow after forming BCFC 1982 that they would never let the club get into debt again?

we are amazingly fortunate to have SL, he's a top Chairman with an incredible amount of financial nouse.

We are indeed fortunate to have SL.........but, there's nothing to stop him pulling the plug and recalling his loans - where would be then??

As Gretna have recently found out, things do change and it can be dangerous having all your eggs in one basket.

What I don't like is these Clubs not paying their tax to HM Government while happily paying their players stupid money and then look for help when they go under and say its not their fault...Well it is!!

And what do you think Bristol City were doing in the years leading up to 1982? As I've said before, supporters would do well to remember our history before slagging off other clubs in financial difficulties....we couldn't balance the books then and we still can't now.

Archived