IGNORED

Lee Miller

Guest dez_gimred

Guest dez_gimred

just a quick post from observation...

lee miller has barely made an appearance lately..

bristol city - lee miller = less goals + poor form

i realised this at the game and it seems without him we have been doin quite bad....might be due to his build up play on the ball??

anyone agree??

:clap:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

He's hardly done much when he's played though, the miss against Swindon highlights this. I think it would be best to write this season off as one of getting used to English nationwide football and hope next season Miller can do the business.

At the moment he's looking like an expensive flop

Guest dez_gimred

agreed he doesnt do much...

i think wilkshire was a bigger waste of money, completely useless i think, as yesterday showed...

even if he does play the occasional defence splitting pass, are our forwards clever enough to read it??

:clap:

His goals v appearance record and assists record, are both very poor and whilst the size of the fee isn't his fault, we've had a very poor return on £365,000.

I wonder what would have happened if we'd taken a gamble and held onto SM and just spent £2/300k wisely.

Miller tries hard, but is neither one thing or the other, in my view.

He's not a big strong target man and he's not smaller and pacy.He falls somewhere between the two and, whilst I hope he develops into the new Joe Jordan in the near future, I can't honestly see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The annoying thing is, they SHOULDN'T be a waste of money, they aren't bad players.

Wilkshire makes some lovely passes, but is restricted by the rest of the team not being able to cope with anything fancy. EVERYTHING has to go to feet with our players it seems.

With Wilkshire I think Danny has told him to cut out the god stuff, because he's certainly stopped the through balls.

I think (and may be wrong) that we are playing a style of football which is too good for this division, there are teams which are being just as successful as us, who are playing the hoof and hope style of play, whilst we try and play a skillful passing play, (honestly how can you say the australia u23 captain is rubbish) i feel that we will be more successful in the first division than these other teams, all we need to do is get up there.

I wonder what would have happened if we'd taken a gamble and held onto SM and just spent £2/300k wisely.

The whole point of that episode was that the club DID try to hang on to Scott Murray. It was only when he switched his stance and insisted that he didn't want to stay at City that we let him go. I seem to recall the directors expressing their frustration that everything they had done to keep him happy hadn't worked.

I agree we would have been a better squad if we'd been able to hang onto Scott all season, but not if we'd barred him from a move he wanted at the time. A sulking, bitter player who doesn't want to play for the club is no good to anyone, creates unrest by sending out a message to other players that the club will prevent them from a beneficial move if they perform well enough to attract attention, and can stir up trouble in the dressing room. Never mind the fact that if he'd stayed and not done his best we'd have lost the chance to get any money for him at all.

Instead, he's back having realised that the club is where he belongs. He - and every other player here - knows that City will not hold them back, and I have no doubt he'll play his heart out for the club.

I think (and may be wrong) that we are playing a style of football which is too good for this division, there are teams which are being just as successful as us, who are playing the hoof and hope style of play, whilst we try and play a skillful passing play, (honestly how can you say the australia u23 captain is rubbish) i feel that we will be more successful in the first division than these other teams, all we need to do is get up there.
Under DW we hoof it as much as anyone, certainly away from home.

That's one reason why Miller isn't succesful

At the moment he's looking like an expensive flop

I think Lee Peacock is a better example of an expensive flop.

It's Millers first season and he still is only young, and in my view a lot better than Peacock already and i can't understand why he isn't starting with Roberts or Lita

Lee Miller has suffered the same fate as Lee Peacock - they have both been deprived of good service. With good fortune on his side, Lee Miller could go on to play premiership football. He has a good attitude, gets involved and has an eye for goal. Time will tell whether he proves to be a good investment as he wasn't signed for one season only.

Guest BCFC_DEANO

I think given the chance miller will do well for us. He has taken a while to adapt from the scottish league and has lacked fitness most of the season. I think when he started to get fit though over the last few games he played he looked good.

We need someone who can run off his play as his power in the air speaks for itself.

I think Lee Peacock is a better example of an expensive flop.

It's Millers first season and he still is only young, and in my view a lot better than Peacock already and i can't understand why he isn't starting with Roberts or Lita

Quite simply because LP has a better chance of scoring a goal.

Roberts has done OK since his return and deserves his chance and Lita should be sub and come on for 20 minutes as an impact player.

Hopefully Lita & Gillespie should come through next season.

Guest Buster Rimes

Bristol Boy and of course no other City player has missed an easy chance all season have they. Get off the guy's back.

As my mother used to say if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Swindon's strikers don't get any service apart from long clearances, but they seem to both be in the top scorers list

Our strikers may have scored more goals if we'd reacted to our lack of creativity from midfield by resorting to playing a long game. I think we may have been having a different debate though if that was the case.

They're both very good players with bags of potential. I rate both extremely highly.

Just a shame Wilson not only fails to bring the best out in players, but actually manages to make them look bad. People need to look beyond how players play on the pitch and look at other influences.

Personally i feel the way he acted after missing it spoke more. Let's not forget he's only 20/21.

I agree with that comment completely.

I guess when Ruud Van N. missed that penalty against Arsenal, it clearly speaks volumes over his ability. Rubbish.

What dissapoints me most, is all season Bristol Boy has proved himself as a very level-headed and well reasoned guy, and is always worth a read.

Now, it seems as though his frustration has become the better of him and he seems intent on taking it out on everybody else left, right and centre, much critisism not justified, in my opinion. A shame.

Guest blairhater

Lee Miller is a very good footballer. {Fact}

I doubt many L.M critics on here have played in other than a junior league.

Assumptions are a terrible thing.

Push up the pitch, deliver crosses and L.M will fulfill his undoubted potential.

Energised manager and compatible strike partner would be a breath of fresh air.

Selection also helps

Both Miller and Wilkshire are young and will have learnt from this season. Instant stars do not arrive for £350k. This thread like most on here seems to have turned into another reason to have a moan and a pop at Wilson.

Bristol Boy and others must be really very good at their day jobs judging by their constant moaning at others. All of whom let us not forget are trying their damndest to get BCFC back where we belong.

Both Wilkshire and Miller are good signings and along with the academy products and home grown talent are part of a decent squad that is knocking on the door of Division 1. When we get there they will perform much better than the team did the last time we were there because they have grown together- continuity is what breeds success and the squad we have with the exception perhaps of the redoubtable Tinman could be together for quite some time yet..............

The best is yet to come and whether its via the paly offs or not Division one beckons- enjoy it there are plenty of teams who wish they were in our shoes!!

No matter who has been playing up front this season, they have not received the service required to get goals.

This isn't down to Peacock being an overpaid waste of money, or Miller being a young not so expensive waste of money. Both are very good players when they receive the adequate service. Christian Roberts can also be put into the same bracket.

As for Millers miss, it amazes me that some people seem intent on bringing that up at every available chance they have. Every player misses sitters - Henry, Van Nistlerooy, Shearer, Owen, Cole, Wright, Bergkamp..... Are they a waste of money as well then!?

We could go on all day about Miller/Wilkhire/Roberts/Peacock/Phillips/Butler/Brown etc!

FACT: They have ALL underperformed this season, and the reason is Danny Wilson, he seems unable, Plymouth & QPRexcepted, to motivate, organize, pick the right team, put the right sub on, get the tactics right, so of course they will all play at less than their full potential. I also reckon we've been deluding ourselves it was going to be a promotion side, for the same reason.

We have as good a side as Plymouth or QPR, yet we seem incapable of turning it on. Home to QPR, and Plymouth are the only time they've looked as if they were playing to their potential. Suprise surprise, backs against the wall time, and we did well, and now back to normal performances.

For what its worth Miller in particular will be a success, next season (If Wilson plays him!).

Archived