IGNORED

Fm 2009

andy k

Having really enjoyed Fm 2008 i couldn't wait for the 2009 version.....it seems though that it might not be as good as we were all hoping.

Let me cut a long story short.It's my birthday very soon and my Mrs has just phoned me to say she is going to purchase it today.....i have put her off for now!!

What should i do? I have no real knowledge of computers and at the first sign of any technical issues i will become very frustrated!!

Please advise me guys.

(my pc runs Fm 2008 with no issues)

it does require higher specs but I have a gaming pc so I havent had any problems.

The game itself has great updates. You can ask your assistant manager to help you with more things, you can watch england trial matches in order to find some future potential, you have press confrences which allow you to get players on your side or talk about transfer speculations, the player exchanging works alot nicer now (I managed to get a decent player in by using myrie-williams as leverage)..... basically the game has been tidied up and improved all around in my opinion.

The 3d match engine is like watching an atari trying to play a 3d footy game but it gives you enough scope to make better decisions on how players are actually playing than the 2d engine did.

I suppose it depends on your cash situation and how much you think you will play the game. I had a credit note sat around doing nothing so I used that to get my copy but I doubt I'll play it too much since I like to play onc in a while. if you are a big fm manager fan and you can get a good 1-2 hours free once to twice a week i think it's a good investment to have the new additions and the newer transfer updates =)

it does require higher specs but I have a gaming pc so I havent had any problems.

The game itself has great updates. You can ask your assistant manager to help you with more things, you can watch england trial matches in order to find some future potential, you have press confrences which allow you to get players on your side or talk about transfer speculations, the player exchanging works alot nicer now (I managed to get a decent player in by using myrie-williams as leverage)..... basically the game has been tidied up and improved all around in my opinion.

The 3d match engine is like watching an atari trying to play a 3d footy game but it gives you enough scope to make better decisions on how players are actually playing than the 2d engine did.

I suppose it depends on your cash situation and how much you think you will play the game. I had a credit note sat around doing nothing so I used that to get my copy but I doubt I'll play it too much since I like to play onc in a while. if you are a big fm manager fan and you can get a good 1-2 hours free once to twice a week i think it's a good investment to have the new additions and the newer transfer updates =)

Thanks spike.To be fair i am a big fan and play alot......probably too much!

My big issue was whether i would be able to get it loaded.

Did you have any issues what with some of the problems others have had?

Thanks spike.To be fair i am a big fan and play alot......probably too much!

My big issue was whether i would be able to get it loaded.

Did you have any issues what with some of the problems others have had?

I haven't. The activation process with Steam was a little complicated though.

Its a doddle. The installation process is easily done and you're guided step by step.

And also, I've had no problems with the game whatsoever.

Thanks scrumpy.

Well as it's my birthday today i bought the game and will probably install it next week..........late nights for me then!!

Have you downloaded the patch Scrumpy and was that also easy?

Archived