IGNORED

Trundle?

bh_red

nothing mentioned on the website?

does anyone who listened on the radio he if that's why he missed out?. as I find it hard to believe he was left out on form?

for me, it's VERY strange that he's been not got any action after being one of the VERY FEW impressive players against Reading? didn't see the benefit of having Maynard and John on the bench who are basically the same type of player and leave out someone with proven creativity like Trundle?

I'm guessing it was due to injury?

anyone?

maybe instead of Sproule then? I'm personally just a bit lost as to how he's been left out after impressing since Reading and given his sub role recently against Plymouth? when your in the position we were today at being goals down, he's an excellent Creative player to be able to bring on, especially given the problems we have had all season at Right Wing.

considering how Maynard has done against Reading and Southampton, I'd say he was fully entiled to get another chance? god knows.

Lee can't be happy with constantly being left on the bench, or not making the 16 at all. He has too much talent to be cast aside. He seems to come into your team for a week or two, and then it's back to the bench for him!

The whole Trundle story is a mystery. I don't think he is a GJ player. The transfer came through cause the fans demanded a goalscorer in addition to the promoted squad.

The whole Trundle story is a mystery. I don't think he is a GJ player. The transfer came through cause the fans demanded a goalscorer in addition to the promoted squad.

Much as I do rate both players, I do feel that both Trundle AND Maynard, there was a slight hint of almost panic signings with both players,

I don't know what it is with GJ, but he does seem to have this odd weakness with forwards, it was something I noticed when he was back at Yeovil, with Gall and Jevons being their only decent ones in the time he was there.

Whats all the hysteria? Why read so much in to it? I really like Trundle as a player but he was never going to start and as long as Johnson wanted to continue with a 4-4-1-1 (which though not my fav formation worked last week) then he was only going to have room for 2 strikers on the bench if he wanted some midfield / defensive cover and a wide option. He plumped for John and Maynard - so what? As far the comment John and Maynard are the same type of players...huh? John is happy to play with his back to goal, get the ball, turn, bring people in etc - Maynard wants to play on the last defender and use his pace (no, I know it hasn't worked so far...). I take Johnson at his word and think a role will be there for Trundle - as long as he's prepared to work for it. It's a squad game and no-one has any divine right.

You have to admit that Trunds is a creative forward and can score a variety of goals and the least he can get is a ten / fifteen game run to show his potential. GJ has got to move it around i think before the natives get restless. the same names crop up everyweek as having less than impresive games. Lee Johnson aside (our terrier in the middle) will get stick at any club with your ol man as gaffer, Most fans of clubs that we play seem to have a lot of respect for him and its a pity some of our fans can,t seem to see it. Mcindoe, Orr, have been shadows of last season. Marv, Big Jamie, Nobes coming back from injury, Basso, McCalister loss of confidance or seem a yard slower than last year. Dele seems to plough a lone furrow. Skuse seems to get a load of stick but watching him play this season does so much of the ball closing down of players. What would you do with Trunds? He.s not a winger but needs to be in that last third. I would not want to be GJ.

HP FRUITY

source: :drunk2::drunk2: : :city:

I'd have Trundle in the squad every week and certainly for home matches.

Even if he's only on the bench his very presence there lifts the crowd hugely and gives us some hope when the all too often home struggle takes its shape.

If, in GJ's eyes, it comes down to a choice of Trunds or Sproule on the bench then it's very hard to imagine why he'd prefer the inconsistent and frustrating Ivan.

No comparison in my opinion, for proven likelihood to alter the course of a game in our favour they're on different planets.

Another thing is I want to be entertained at AG, and Trundle very rarely fails to deliver on that front.

For me, if he wasn't injured, should have been in the squad ahead of Sproule. On recent form offers us a whole lot more than Sproule does, including from wide - though' that's not saying a lot as I can't really see what Sproule has offered us this season???

said the same thing after the Saints game? why bring Sproule on over Trundle?

said the same thing today when I saw the bench today.

still thinking it now.

To be hnest, i wasnt really too bothered that Trundle wasnt in the squad today.

He is a great flare player but his tricks don't come off more often than they do. Admittedly he scored 2of the ebst goals iv ever seen at AG against S****hopre but he doesnt score goals regulary, jsut look at his minuted to goals ratio.

Today wasnt because Trundle wasnt involved, it was due to sloppy defending and a lack of pace(which Trunds doesnt have either)

I kno a lot of fans LOVE trundle but for me he doesnt do the simple things right as often as he sould. Hes a decent player to have around for the odd game but i really don't think long term he can get us where we need to be. he always give his all and id never doubt him for that, but for me personally he needs to do the simple fings right (and get fitter) if he wants to challenge for first team place

Stucks that is ridiculous, Trunds was walking round the pitch pre game and I tell you one thing, however stocky he looks in a kit, his shirt was stuck to him like glue and wore a long coat, which you wouldn't wear if fat. There aint an ounce on him anymore but people still think its fitness. He has been marked improved this season, but contiuation to leave him out of the team is damaging us, even stevie wonder can see everytime he's started or come on we've been miles better for it. McIndoe's confidence must be bottled now and Trundle could play left wing, it would be an ideal position for him imo, also for me this 4-4-1-1 hoofball is a waste of time, it didn't work against saints, one goal came of it, but to be honest we were hanging on, yesterday Forest beat us at our own game by having a technically superb striker who our defence couldn't get to grips with, both our goals came from good strikes from none scoring options, Noble played well in his ideal position, but for me Adebola was never a threat and lost more than he won, Maynard and John done little when they came on, I would think about going 4 - 4 - 2, which Trundle and John up front, or trundle left wing, john and maynard up front. Also play noble right wing, I like williams but a team with Elliot, Johnson, Trundle, Noble, Maynard and John attacking at you would scare the crap out of defences. This hoofball aint how we have improved, its been quick slick, skillful on the ground, we're starting to drift back to old ways, if it means no adebola because he can't play on the ground, then how bad can that be, Trundle and Noble are the twp must skillful players at this club and together they work brilliant, I have a very sad feeling if we fail to give both a good run in the team together, we could lose both. Trundle didnt look happy pre game about being dropped and nor should he when McIndoe and Adebola who he could play instead of, just aren't doing enough and are never looking a threat. I really felt for McIndoe today and think he should have taken the pen, but his confidnece will have gone now, he needs a couple of weeks to sort his head out and we should play Trundle on the left, I have a sad feeling we will see Skuse try left wing !!, Skuse as much as he tries, aint a defender or a winger, he is a defensive midfielder, similar to Elliott, but no where near as good as Elliott, I would be loaning Skuse out to gain experience in league one or something, as at present he can't cut this league, which is probably not being helped by never playing in his correct position, but he doesnt warrant enough to play in that position.

The thing is that we have only 1 player who is actually quick and that's Maynard, Line them all up and just get them to run and Trundle is one of the slower players, but with the ball at his feet Trundle baring probably Maynard is one of the quicker players we have, Mcindoe is fast but with the ball at his feet he is positively pedestrian, same to a lesser extent with Sproule, he's lightning without the ball but he's not unable to be outpaced by full backs when he has the ball. People talked in the past about Litas pace, but he was never that quick in terms of pure speed but he was almost as quick with the ball as he was without, same with Murray in his prime he was very qiuick with the ball at his feet and has excelent control so could bring it under his controll at full pace.

Trundle is quick with the ball at his feet, whereas the rest of our players mostly have to stop when they recieve the ball because their touch is not good enough, Dele is a prime example of this when he gets it right he can get past much quicker players than himslef and then use his strength to hold them off, but most of the time the ball bounces off him and he has to start from standing and has no hope.

Being a pacey player is not all about how quick you can run, it's about anticipation and touch. I'd say Trundle uses his lesser pace to far, far greater effect than Sproule, how often have we seen Srpule get the ball at pace, then use his touch to beat his man and fly past at full pace ? i can only remember though goal agaisnt s'oton last season. Raw pace is only of any use if the player can use it, for me Maynard is the only player with real pace at this club, but we never see it because at home we are so compressed into the middle we are painfully easy to defend against because when, Maynard, Adebola, Trundle, Akinde, Brooker, John recieve the ball they are faced by a compact bank of 4 defenders, with very few gaps in there to exploit. Which is why our home form is comparably poor to our away form, at home we have to create those spaces, using the wingers to pull the full backs out of position, and the others to pull the centre backs around leaving that gap for someone to exploit. Away becasue the other side are at home and the onus is on them to attack they leave gaps for us to exploit. We only have 2 players with that ability to make runs that pull defences apart and thats noble and Trunds, but there is never a midfielder advanced enough to exploit the gaps we create.

Archived