IGNORED

Maynard For Noble

BS3_RED

At the time of the Substitution Noble was not tired (well he didnt look it) and was really looking like our only midfielder that was going to open Forest up with a pass.

Now if you are going to go 3 up front then I can understand it but Maynard looked like he was more of a direct replacement (playing on the wing), so i really cant work out what we were going to gain from the change.

Why put a forward on the wing and out of position when we could have left Noble there?

because we were losing!

i know a lot of people think noble can do no wrong. i like noble as a footballer but he didnt have a great game today, hardly looked threatening and often tried the impossible pass intsead of the simple one.

think the final score justified the decision.

I know we were losing but i am asking about Maynard playing as a right winger/ right midfielder and not as a forward.

At the time of the Substitution Noble was not tired (well he didnt look it) and was really looking like our only midfielder that was going to open Forest up with a pass.

Now if you are going to go 3 up front then I can understand it but Maynard looked like he was more of a direct replacement (playing on the wing), so i really cant work out what we were going to gain from the change.

Why put a forward on the wing and out of position when we could have left Noble there?

very true - but more to the point, why leave dele on?????!!!!!! maynard up front with john and noble on the right would have been better.

because he never played for yeovil... mcindoe, the worst player in red yet again, gets his full 90... noble arguably the best player in red doesnt.

hmmm

even with 3 up front, why does that then require an out of sorts winger???? surely the 2 creative passer's of johnson and noble would be far more likely to create a chance?

GJ has been very lucky today imo, as he again showed how poor he can be at subs, luckily fontaine scored a fluke that should have been blocked by at least 3 defenders, the goal was not because of the substitution. today was clearly 2 points dropped, and rather than our manager calling all the people who pay his wages names and be such an arrogant plonker, i think he should perhaps look a little closer to home and spend more time getting decisions right... Forest were amongst the poorest teams ive seen down the gate, yet we made them look okay... how? people who look foward go foward, people who look backward stay still or fall backwards...

Noble was treading water from about the hour mark and starting to cover less and less ground, when he ran off it was the fastest he'd moved in about ten minutes.

To me the question is what was the point in having a right winger on the bench (Sproule) and then ask a forward to come on and play there?

I thought Trundle would of been the best player to bring on,but not even on the bench why

agreed trundle is the only player we have that can come on and make things happen, he is the biggest impact player we have at the mo. I don't think he should start, however has done more this season to justify been on the bench than maynard.

I personally felt that Noble when he got the ball did well but didnt get himself on the ball often enough , he doesnt have the movement or pace to play in the hole behind the centre forward, also if you are playing that system then the player in the hole needs

1. Pace going past and wide of him to create chances

2. to be able to give you 10/15 goals a season.

3. Pace himself

1 is not down to Noble

2 and 3 are , whilst he has all of the skill and control in the world, it is an unfortunate demand of todays football that Pace/power is king and without it you will struggle to make an impact as a player and as a team

Archived