IGNORED

Vip Day

brad blit

Spoke to Carey as he was walking into stadium (after having dressing room tour), he was nice enough to stop to talk and have photos taken. Asked if he was starting and he said 'I'm not even in the 16 and I'm quite gutted to be honest, I certainly think I'm fit enough and the injury is fine now but its up to the gaffer who gets picked' - seems a strange decison when we didnt have a defender on the bench.

Then later in the day we saw Brooker in the Players Bar and after having pictures taken I told him he should be in the 16, to which his reply was 'I wont be in the 16 again and Il prob be gone in Jan' - he seemed very downhearted but quite truthful. I was quite shocked and disapointed at the time because we all know what he is capable of when hes in form and injury free........ but this is few and far between unfortunately and a move away is probably best for him which is a real shame.

IF Brooker was to leave I hope we make sure a 'sell on' fee is agreed and his place is taken by an attacking midfielder with pace and 'drive'. We are severly lacking some natural pace in the team and players who attack the other team with direct runs. We don't need anymore strikers and our midfield is now the place to strengthen.

if John is signed perm as a replacement for Brooker, then fair enough I suppose, but will that actually be the case is another question

Can't pretend to be happy though, that even if Fit, our top scorer can't get into the match day 16 regardless of how he does, personally I find that VERY off if that's the impression he's been given, despite his injury problems he's still shown himself to be a more than capable player at this level and should be given his chance. if Fit, he is possibly a better option right now than Maynard, but then again I say the same about LT and he doesn't get a look in either.

As for Carey, he MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST start against Palace. Regardless of how many clean sheets lately, we miss his leadership skills in the team.

I and others on this site made comments about Carey not being in the Team due to a fall out with GJ and I and others were shoot down by the forum "mafia" .

Well just look at what is happening to the team.

If Carey was on the bench he would of come on instead of skuse and of course it was Skuses mistake which led to the 2nd goal.

When is GJ going to take some responsibility for what goes wrong instead of taking the credit when things goes well.

I and others on this site made comments about Carey not being in the Team due to a fall out with GJ and I and others were shoot down by the forum "mafia" .

Well just look at what is happening to the team.

If Carey was on the bench he would of come on instead of skuse and of course it was Skuses mistake which led to the 2nd goal.

When is GJ going to take some responsibility for what goes wrong instead of taking the credit when things goes well.

I have never thought GJ hid from responsibility if things don't go well...His is the ultimate responsibility for where we are in the table and lets be honest he stood up to everyone when we went 9 defeats in a row....

This club needed sorting from top to bottom and that is what he did regardless of the waves and the resentment that caused. The flip side of that kind of personality is that he will only do things one way..his way...and occasionally that he will cause a problem.

My guess is LC will be back in the team next week and will be determined to show the manager what he can do...GJ has already identified Fontaine as being at fault for the first goal which is likely to see the boy warming the bench...Mc Combe being fit of course.

I think this is the fourth rumour this season regarding GJ disciplining players by dropping them from the side and to be perfectly honest this type of management whilst causing the odd problem in the short term does pay dividends in the long-term as teams/rich young men in particular need boundaries.

So yep frustrating as it is to concede a goal because LC was not in the 16 if we are around the top 6 come May then it would have been worth while.

don't forget last season Watford went off like an express train and eventually got sucked back, this season still has a long way to travel and I know my money would be on Mr. Johnson over any other manager in this division to see it through.

BELIEVE

I have never thought GJ hid from responsibility if things don't go well...His is the ultimate responsibility for where we are in the table and lets be honest he stood up to everyone when we went 9 defeats in a row....

This club needed sorting from top to bottom and that is what he did regardless of the waves and the resentment that caused. The flip side of that kind of personality is that he will only do things one way..his way...and occasionally that he will cause a problem.

My guess is LC will be back in the team next week and will be determined to show the manager what he can do...GJ has already identified Fontaine as being at fault for the first goal which is likely to see the boy warming the bench...Mc Combe being fit of course.

I think this is the fourth rumour this season regarding GJ disciplining players by dropping them from the side and to be perfectly honest this type of management whilst causing the odd problem in the short term does pay dividends in the long-term as teams/rich young men in particular need boundaries.

So yep frustrating as it is to concede a goal because LC was not in the 16 if we are around the top 6 come May then it would have been worth while.

don't forget last season Watford went off like an express train and eventually got sucked back, this season still has a long way to travel and I know my money would be on Mr. Johnson over any other manager in this division to see it through.

BELIEVE

Fair post mate, hope your wrong about Fonts being dropped though. yes he was at fault for their 1st goal, but he made amends with his goal and has been our best player this season.

Archived