IGNORED

Formation Best Suited To Our Players

jimmer007

After our performance against southampton where the midfield looked so much more balanced with 5 across the middle, but on ocassions dele was isolated, how about playing 3-5-2 at home then revert to 4-5-1 away?

we would have great attacking threat from both flanks and also throughout the middle, as 5 in midfield does seem to get the best out of johnson and noble, and would enable us to still play two up front

this team would also be flexible to revert to 4-4-2 in certain situations

Any thoughts?

3-5-2

Basso (Gk)

Carey Mccombe Fonatine (Cbs)

(Rwb) - Orr/Wilson (Lwb) Mcallister

Johnson Elliot Noble (Mf)

Adebola John (St)

Subs

Mcindoe

Trundle

Weale

Orr/Wilson

Williams

so what do you reckon to the possibility of playing 3-5-2?

personally this formation in my opinion gets our best players on the pitch, and playing in a way which best suits them

mccallister and orr like to get forward anyway and with having 3 in the middle it wopuld offer plenty of angles enabling us to attack

plus dele wouldnt be isolated up front, so on the whole more options going forward all round

densive wise, a back 3 on mccombe fontaine and carey, gets our best defenders out on pitch, and with mcallister and orr as wing backs a back 5 defending, and again 5 attacking when orr n mccallister would join up with the midfiel trio

under danny wilson was the last time we tried this formation i beleieve and had some sucess with it, now with the players we have, in order to get our "best" players out on pitch i believe we have to play this formation in order to get our best players on the pitch at the same time, especially at home

4-5-1 away would be solid to break down and offers good possibilty on the counter, 3-5-2 is that more attacking, and it remains to be seen how it would fair in a defensive sense, but still feel it could perhaps work home and away,

whos with me on the thought of giving 3-5-2 a go at home or away as well?

I think this formation has a lot of merit both home and away. My only reservations are that 1) I truly believe most British players can only play 4-4-2. They just don't get the football education that Dutch or French youngsters seem to get and 2) I'd replace John and/or Adebola with Maynard because you cannot replace pace with muscle in higher leagues.

Archived