IGNORED

Stern John

BS3_RED

Something me and some other fans were talking about yesterday was the January transfer window and Stern John.

I really cant see him signing for us (if we try and buy him).

I am really worried that the way he has been picked, plus the way we are playing (long ball and with little confidence) and the fact that we look like being a mid table team will put him off signing for us and he will end up at another Championship club.

I hope i am wrong but....

Something me and some other fans were talking about yesterday was the January transfer window and Stern John.

I am really worried that the way he has been picked, plus the way we are playing (long ball and with little confidence) and the fact that we look like being a mid table team will put him off signing for us and he will end up at another Championship club.

Cant see any other clubs that will be queing up to sign him plus ive heard hes on 12+ k a week, that figure alone will put many clubs off.

I think if GJ really wants him he will sighn tbh.

Cant see any other clubs that will be queing up to sign him plus ive heard hes on 12+ k a week, that figure alone will put many clubs off.

I think if GJ really wants him he will sighn tbh.

he's on 10k per week at Saints, regardless of that though, IF he does well and gets a few more goals, then I think he'll be signed perm, probably just on the basis that we take over the remainder of his contract.

I think over the next month or so he'll cement his place in the team.......well at least I bloody hope so given the money we are paying for him

If he's on £12k a week at his age of course he will sign.

However, he has already demonstrated his frustration on the pitch with the type of supply that he is getting. He appears an intelligent player, strong, and with an excellent touch so I would say we will get our return from him IF we can improve the supply to him.

I am sure with his experience he is in a position to 'educate' those around him

Guest wheres your caravan??

I don't see why any striker would want to sign for us!

Constant chopping and changing with Dele the only regular choice striker, add to that the dreadfull service they get, it becomes a strikers nightmare!

• Admin
he had a medical before he came, that doesn't normally happen for a loan, my guess is theres some sort of agreement been done, with it becoming official in the transfer window.

:englandsmile4wf:

would not be surprised come Jan 1st for the club to announce his permanent signing.

Strange that the loan deal runs out that day, or is it just a coincidence that the transfer window opens that day ?

we did discuss it, and I'm still very nervous about it. i think there will be a couple of clubs interested, and if stern decides he doesnt like it here and tells his agent to drum up some interest then i cant see him coming... if i was him i wouldnt sign here, personally i cant see him scoring many with the midfield here, negative i know but i really don't see stern emulating his scoring exploits of last season this term! not due to him being crap, but because i don't see him being fed much ammo :S

I would love for the bloke to come as he is a class above the striker's ive seen at ashton gate down the years, but he is going to need something special from our poor wide men to get him many goals

will be interesting to see what happens in jan.... cos if we want to progress this season i anticipate a lot of wheeling and dealing(ins and OUTS)

He looks a cut above to me and could have had a hat trick against Reading. He is the next level on from the players we have now, and we should be looking to sign some more at the standard.

''could have scored a hat trick'' but he didn't.

McIndoe could of had a brace yesterday.... but he didnt

He said last week he wants to sign. Not convinced by him TBH. Would just be another striker to add to the plethera of non-scoring strikers we've got.

We've only got non scoring strikers because they get no supply. Name a hatful of chances they've missed? We never create lots of goal scoring opportunitites.

He said last week he wants to sign. Not convinced by him TBH. Would just be another striker to add to the plethera of non-scoring strikers we've got.

he's without a doubt a level higher than any of the other forwards we currently have.

he's barely played to be honest yet, so still has plenty of time to impress and so far has impressed each time I've seen him, he's first choice over any of the other forwards at the moment.

Not much point having 4 highly paid strikers if they are not scoring due to lack of service. My fear is that we will bring players in, whilst losing no big earners, so that our wage bill becomes even more inflated.

I think the lack of service is a red herring. What about the service for Mcindoes 1st half miss (where he should have trusted his right foot!) or the inch perfect through ball which Dele wellied (clever huh ??) high & wide.

Truth is some games we don't create, other games we do create but the strikers just don't take the chances.

I think the lack of service is a red herring. What about the service for Mcindoes 1st half miss (where he should have trusted his right foot!) or the inch perfect through ball which Dele wellied (clever huh ??) high & wide.

Truth is some games we don't create, other games we do create but the strikers just don't take the chances.

Yes we created 2 chances but if you look at most other teams strikers when they miss chances like that after an initial grimace they are usually found smiling as they know that they will get another chance, here they won't so can't afford to miss and over think it and then they will miss, our strikers are no worse than most in this league, but when as a striker you know you can miss a chance and you know you will get another then more often than not they will score, but when they know that they will be lucky to get 1 good chance to score there is so much pressure to score that it is difficult. Even someone like Torres, who is arguably the best striker in the world, if he was only getting one chance every time he played he wouldn't be anywhere near prolific, but because he knows even if he misses another chance will come he can relax and thats why he scores. Same is true of our strikers, if they were in any way confident that they would get 2-3 good chances in a game they would probably be scoring in the games when they do only get one because the belief that another will come allows them to relax.

If we pay him he will come. Our system doesn't allow strikers to score goals and generally we'll be a low scoring team playing this way. Doesn't matter who we put up front.

I don't care personally. If we win 1-0 it's fine. What we need IMO is better defensive players.

Archived