IGNORED

January Transfer Window

cityfan

fringe players more than anything.....who I'm struggling to think off?

Probably only Brooker will unfortunately be off if we actually get any cash offers, apart from that, unless we sign a few players, I don't think there is anyone I'd let leave perm.

Guest wheres your caravan??

Who would we want to sign to improve the squad?

George Boyd is the only creative/decent midfielder that i can think of that i would want to sign.

Will be put up for sale?

Will want to leave?

Just speculations off course but Brooker and McIndoe.

As much as I rate Brooker with John signing permanently he will have to play his football elsewhere.

McIndoe to Cardiff why not? They got the money(?) and it's not a good thing for a team if the leaders on and off the pitch are not on speaking terms (my speculation).

We can get some money to buy the missing central midfielder.

Possibly James Wilson on loan back to Brentford.

Think we should have a look at Danny North (in the cold at Grimsby) and also a few foreign players.

Out:

Trundle

Brooker

J Wilson (Loan)

Artus

Webster back to Rangers

In:

If we are around the play-offs i expect a couple of signings.

If we are mid table i expect no new signings.

I'm suprised you say Trundle i still think with a run in the team he still has something to offer, i agree with the others thou i am especailly disapointed in Webster i thought he looked a promising acquisition but quite clrealy hes not.

I'm suprised you say Trundle i still think with a run in the team he still has something to offer, i agree with the others thou i am especailly disapointed in Webster i thought he looked a promising acquisition but quite clrealy hes not.

I only say Trundle because I think he clearly isnt in favour with GJ at all. I think hes got a lot to offer this team aswell and should be in the 16 at least. I just think he will be at either Swansea or Leeds by the end of Jan. (No source just a hunch)

Guest brfc1883
I only say Trundle because I think he clearly isnt in favour with GJ at all. I think hes got a lot to offer this team aswell and should be in the 16 at least. I just think he will be at either Swansea or Leeds by the end of Jan. (No source just a hunch)

I cant see Trundle going back to Swansea. Martinez has already said he wouldn't take him back, I don't think he was happy when he left for you lot in the first place. You reap what you sew and all that!!

I would certainly go for Yates at Colchester.

Supplying and scoring goals this season in League 1 and played the last two seasons in the Championship.

I see were your coming from as are wing play so far this season has been dreadful, however i still think GJ can get a lot more out of Sproule and Mcindoe in that postion.

How much would Colchester be looking at for yates, a mill maybe?

if we were to sell Mcindoe to Crapdiff, then id buy Jonny Jackson(think he is still at colchester... not sure though!) or the guy at shef wednesday... ettiene esajas or something, jackson has no pace, but has delivery(a championship version of david beckham, while esajas(sp) is pacey and skillful. i think either improves the side as mcindoe is neither a pacey winger or a beckham style winger

if there is any spare cash available, id look into nabil El Zhar(loan) at liverpool, and rather than putting him on the flank id play him in the middle, let him run at big bullish defenders and skin them all night long, leaving someone to pick up on the potential deadball situations like LJ or the one of the wingers i mentioned who are good at delivering/shoting from set peices

would look to get lewington at left back, grant basey at charlton(probably cost a fair bit cos he is highly rated) or Joe Matlock at Leicester( LWB from my recallection) as competition/cover for mccalister.

would offer sproule to someone, get some of the money back, and find a cheap right winger somwhere in the east of europe(cant do much worse than ivan) or even that Hackett bloke if he passes the PJ assessment.

John (nominal fee?)in Permanent, Brooks out, get £100k for him perhaps... get wilson somewhere were we have 24hour recall option, if carey or boom boom get injured again, with a new CB a priority for the summer.

if we were to sell Mcindoe to Crapdiff, then id buy Jonny Jackson(think he is still at colchester... not sure though!) or the guy at shef wednesday... ettiene esajas or something, jackson has no pace, but has delivery(a championship version of david beckham, while esajas(sp) is pacey and skillful. i think either improves the side as mcindoe is neither a pacey winger or a beckham style winger

if there is any spare cash available, id look into nabil El Zhar(loan) at liverpool, and rather than putting him on the flank id play him in the middle, let him run at big bullish defenders and skin them all night long, leaving someone to pick up on the potential deadball situations like LJ or the one of the wingers i mentioned who are good at delivering/shoting from set peices

would look to get lewington at left back, grant basey at charlton(probably cost a fair bit cos he is highly rated) or Joe Matlock at Leicester( LWB from my recallection) as competition/cover for mccalister.

would offer sproule to someone, get some of the money back, and find a cheap right winger somwhere in the east of europe(cant do much worse than ivan) or even that Hackett bloke if he passes the PJ assessment.

John (nominal fee?)in Permanent, Brooks out, get £100k for him perhaps... get wilson somewhere were we have 24hour recall option, if carey or boom boom get injured again, with a new CB a priority for the summer.

I rate El Zahar ive watched him a few times for liverpool reserves and he has looked a really good prospect, if we could get him on loan he would be a very good addition (but i doubht it as GJ dosnt seem too keen on bringing in younger guys from big clubs on loan for some reason)

Still think Sproule has a future, i simply don't buy that he ''cant cross a ball'' Natan Tyson showed what sproule could do if he picked hes head up and actually utilised hes pace.

OUT

Brooker - sad but to many injuries

McIndoe - moaning, drifting shadow of last season

John - long term i think not a solution

Over zelous East end stewards

IN

A left winger who stays and attacks defenders and not drift all over the shop

A pacey left side midfielder with a killer pass ( does one exist)

Trundle from the wilderness

Better parking facilities

:drunk2::yahoo::chant6ez::clapping::winner_third_h4h::chant6ez::yahoo: : :drunk2:

I tend to agree with you. Maynard appears to be given more of a chance than Trundle. Maybe the fee? Although I am an avid city fan and always will be I would love to see Trundle play more whether its here or somewhere else for the pure entertainment value. I think its unfair to trundle, being the positive personality he is, to languish him in his final footie years with the skills that he has to offer. He has not been focused long enough in his normal position.

I think if we aren't going to use Trunds or Noble on a steady basis get rid of them. What a waste.

I tend to agree with you. Maynard appears to be given more of a chance than Trundle. Maybe the fee? Although I am an avid city fan and always will be I would love to see Trundle play more whether its here or somewhere else for the pure entertainment value. I think its unfair to trundle, being the positive personality he is, to languish him in his final footie years with the skills that he has to offer. He has not been focused long enough in his normal position.

I think if we aren't going to use Trunds or Noble on a steady basis get rid of them. What a waste.

agree with you trundle does not get his fair share of chances in his right position, if we pampered him a bit more instead of McIndoe then I'm sure we would get some more goals

OUT -

Brooker (unless he proves his fitness, cant see it though),

Sproule (Not good enough for CCC standard),

J Wilson - Loan (Get some more first team experience),

Skuse - Loan (First team Football).

John - Back to Saints

Webster.

IN -

I know that GJ has not spoken fondly of loan signings in the past, but why not try and get a few Premier League up and coming players in on Loan?

David Ngog - Liverpool/Welbeck - Man Utd/Wilshere - Arsenal,(These are some examples that come to mind).

H Helguson (Bolton),

Right Winger - Routledge @ Villa or Sinclair @ Chelsea

Cover/Competition for Centre Halves - D Shittu (Hardly playing @ Bolton)

OUT -

Brooker (unless he proves his fitness, cant see it though),

Sproule (Not good enough for CCC standard),

J Wilson - Loan (Get some more first team experience),

Skuse - Loan (First team Football).

John - Back to Saints

Webster.

IN -

I know that GJ has not spoken fondly of loan signings in the past, but why not try and get a few Premier League up and coming players in on Loan?

David Ngog - Liverpool/Welbeck - Man Utd/Wilshere - Arsenal,(These are some examples that come to mind).

H Helguson (Bolton),

Yeah i don't see why not, Forest had anderson from liverpool on loan, looked a great signing and i hope skuse goes as hes certainly not god enough defensively at this level and i don't like him in the midfield either.

IN -

H Helguson (Bolton),

Good luck :drunk2:

Archived