IGNORED

We're One Place Outside The Play-offs!

gaz897

I couldn't attend the match against Forest on Saturday. I was pretty pleased witht the result seeing we came back from 2-1 down. I thought we were out classed by reading and played some really good football against the saints. Is it really that bad though? I know I'm enjoying our time in the Championship with new ground on the horizon and the talk of the Ateyo statue. Things seem to be on the right track here, where is the love? I'm even looking forward to seeing Lee Johnson play a week next tuesday. ;) Come on!!!

It's like league 1 again for me. We're at the crossroads where we really need a whole new crop of players to push us to the "next level".

What's dissapointing for me is that unlike league 1 where we spent more money and had bigger crowds than nearly everyone else and watched us waste money while efficient clubs bypassed us we've gone up a level but the expectation hasn't changed.

People get upset when we get beaten by teams who have individual players worth more than our team like Brum and Reading beat us and demand we match or surpass them immediately after only one year here.

I'm happy at this level for a bit... Especially sitting 3 points off the playoffs. We're 2 points worse off than at this stage last season so i really don't get what's changed from us being delighted to disheartened. I'm happy to sit around this position and build a team with players who are young and improving to stand a chance at Auto Promotion.

firstly? is it just me who see's that we are 8th? which is 2 places and 4 points off the play-offs??? but that's not the point

It's like league 1 again for me. We're at the crossroads where we really need a whole new crop of players to push us to the "next level".

I totally agree with this, during last season's run I honestly felt that regardless of promotion or not, during the summer there would be mass rebuilding work in the team based on the spine on players such as Basso, Carey, McIndoe, Elliott and Carle, however that's not been the case for one reason or another and I feel it's something that still needs to be done.

We do have a couple more points than this time last season, but we all knew it would be a much tougher league this season, however for alot of people 2 wins in 9 at home is disappointing, especially given how good we have been at home over the last 2 seasons.

Like many I've no problem being turned over by the likes of Brum and Reading as they just have fair better squads I'm happy to look at those games as "if we get a point, great" as long as the players are giving 100% (Brum they did, Reading, less said the better)

However draws against teams such as QPR, Derby, Forest and Plymouth in games that looking back at we could and should have won, it's understandable that many feel down.

firstly? is it just me who see's that we are 8th? which is 2 places and 4 points off the play-offs??? but that's not the point

I totally agree with this, during last season's run I honestly felt that regardless of promotion or not, during the summer there would be mass rebuilding work in the team based on the spine on players such as Basso, Carey, McIndoe, Elliott and Carle, however that's not been the case for one reason or another and I feel it's something that still needs to be done.

The thing is rebuilding to make us much better that a good top half side, capable of a crack at the PO's (which is what we are now) will take millions & because of that I think it's more likley to take place offer a good few seasons. I think if are home & away form were reversed people would on the whole be happier, just because more people get to see us at home.

Archived