Dele Adebola

Jamie McAllister

Ivan Sproule

Bradley Orr

Gary Johnson

and now...

Michael McIndoe.

Who's it to be next week then?

We're 8th in the league, not playing too well but in a healthy position. Struggling for goals, admittedly. It's not all a bed of roses.

Not the fault of one individual. Though on here it appears that the blame is being passed from one player to another each week.

It's the collective responsibility of Bristol City Football Club. Why does there always have to be someone held up as a villain by a very vocal section of Bristol City supporters?

It's always been the same down Ashton Gate. Why?

So far this season we've had:

Lee Johnson

Nicky Maynard

Dele Adebola

Jamie McAllister

Ivan Sproule

Bradley Orr

Gary Johnson

and now...

Michael McIndoe.

We're 8th in the league, not playing too well but in a healthy position. Struggling for goals, admittedly. It's not all a bed of roses.

Not the fault of one individual. Though on here it appears that the blame is being passed from one player to another each week.

It's the collective responsibility of Bristol City Football Club. Why does there always have to be someone held up as a villain by a very vocal section of Bristol City supporters?

1. Greed

2. Expectations from last season

3. The fans that bought there season tickets expecting to see man united and liverpool (wesleyy ;) )

I agree though.

ALWAYS BELIEVE.

So far this season we've had:

Lee Johnson

Nicky Maynard

Dele Adebola

Jamie McAllister

Ivan Sproule

Bradley Orr

Gary Johnson

and now...

Michael McIndoe.

Certain fans are never happy, i can remember when we got promoted from league 1 and after celebrating on the pitch i was walking home with a few mates. We were walking behind a few city fans who were talking about us being relegated from the championship and that we would never gain promotion from league1 again i found this astonishing that people could think that far ahead after gaining promotion!

I couldnt belive what i was hearing, but it just goes to show that you will never please every fan. The strange thing is its the same at every football club, i know we feel we are the only club that moan but i can assure you we are not the worst.

Why is doubting somebody's ability and/or form making them a scapegoat.

McIndoe has been poor of late and has not hit anywhere near the heights of last year. Why can't that be debated and opinions expressed without it being classed as some sort of persecution?

It's a forum for talking about Bristol City. McIndoe is part of Bristol City; at the moment a bit of a failing part (in some people's view), hence, it is being discussed.

Why is doubting somebody's ability and/or form making them a scapegoat.

McIndoe has been poor of late and has not hit anywhere near the heights of last year. Why can't that be debated and opinions expressed without it being classed as some sort of persecution?

It's a forum for talking about Bristol City. McIndoe is part of Bristol City; at the moment a bit of a failing part (in some people's view), hence, it is being discussed.

Of course discussing a player's performance is fine. I too feel McIndoe has been poor. But what strikes me is that the forum goes through phases... and in those phases one player is always being focused on above all the others. It's gone quiet on Lee Johnson, now its McIndoe's turn. He's been playing poorly all season but people seem to have only really started talking about it in any great detail after he missed the pen on Saturday.

This is just how I perceive things. People weren't really talking about McIndoe while Lee Johnson was the villain. Now LJ has had a couple of good games, so it's McIndoe who is the problem. It just seems to me that there's a lack of consistency and people jump on the bandwagon in criticising individuals after we fail to win.

McIndoe has been poor all season. But it's funny how a lot of people (not everyone) has picked up on this just now, thats all.

I accept that it's probably similar at a lot of clubs.

But we do always seem to single out INDIVIDUALS. Can't people look beyond a scapegoat?

This scapegoating of individuals is getting a bit passe. We should start picking on families instead.

Anyone think of a suitable family involved with BCFC?

It's a national pastime to pick a scapegoat. It makes us feel better that we can focus our annoyance onto one individual. Look at England's scapegoats in the past major tournaments:

Euro 96 - Gareth Southgate

WC 98 - David Beckham

Euro 2000 - Phil Neville

WC 2002 - David Seaman

Euro 2004 - That blind ref

WC 2006 - Rooney/Ronaldo

Euro 2008 - McClaren.

Our club is no different from any other. We'll all forgive and forget the next time MM has a stormer. It's football.

It's a national pastime to pick a scapegoat. It makes us feel better that we can focus our annoyance onto one individual. Look at England's scapegoats in the past major tournaments:

Euro 96 - Gareth Southgate

WC 98 - David Beckham

Euro 2000 - Phil Neville

WC 2002 - David Seaman

Euro 2004 - That blind ref

WC 2006 - Rooney/Ronaldo

Euro 2008 - McClaren.

Our club is no different from any other. We'll all forgive and forget the next time MM has a stormer. It's football.

You're totally right!! My opinion exactly!

I'd also like to dam

David Rennie

Kieth Millen (in his playing days)

Ralph Milne (halarious, except for one goal, Alex Ferguson's 1st signing!!!)

Shawn Dyche

:shutup:

Archived